Game Update 8th December 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
RickC
Outfitter

Re: Game Update 8th December 2016

Post by RickC »

I am now getting the delayed walking sound too. It is VERY noticeable if you are crouched and still, them move just a few inches. When it does this, it seems like the sound only comes out my left speaker as well...so it sounds like someone else took a couple of steps behind and to the left of me.
krokenosterfant
Scout

Post by krokenosterfant »

Alena thank you so much. The bear are just amazing. Like others and you have said the black bears just need to turned down a bit with their moaning. I actually got a fright when I first heard it. Next animals on the list for a revamp are red deer and roosevelt... they need a gorgeous mane like the RM elk. The animals in my opinion in the classic look so much better than the animals in COTW
phil1
Hunter

Post by phil1 »

RickC wrote:I am now getting the delayed walking sound too. It is VERY noticeable if you are crouched and still, them move just a few inches. When it does this, it seems like the sound only comes out my left speaker as well...so it sounds like someone else took a couple of steps behind and to the left of me.
I've had the delayed walking sound since the introduction of TT, one last footstep sound after you stop moving.
cowboy34

Post by cowboy34 »

Very disappointed with this last "update", have to d/l the whole game and have been trying for 4 days and cannot get it. First 4.32 gb is size and when I have gone in and tried 8.65 gb comes up and takes forever and nothing but errors or I just give up on it. This is one of the best hunting games out there but this is frustrating that after last update can't even get it.

Cowboy34
Ken
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

you using steam?. these issues arnt issues on steam.

on that note, one thing i found was that a handful of people who have downright refused to use steam in the past claim they did/didnt enjoy the beta...... just make thc steam only and lets be done with it.
SVEN7

Post by SVEN7 »

i tried for 3 days, downloaded the full installation more than 3 times, it went to 0% then start again to 45, sometime 82, then go back to 0 again, finally after 3 days of letting the launcher does whatever it wanted to do, it seems like it was about to install but all it gaves me was a bunch a error messages then i have to download it again .Down here in my country we have slow internet but i've been trying anyway and I'm pretty sure i did download about 20 gb of data for nothing the last 3 days and i still can't play it and on top it asks me to download the 8 gb AGAIN (don't say 4gb cause you have to download it twice which is 8 gb to me). I don't feel like trying this again , so can't you just put the Update alone without the full installation (like it was at first)?so we can try again without having to donwload 4 gb or maybe 8 gb for nothing. Some people was able to install it when you released the update alone at first then you choose to force a full installation because the update alone wasn't working, but obviously the full installation stuff is not working neither. can you please at least try? cause i know i've been trying my best finding a way to be able update your game, and it's really frustrating that i can't even play . i'm ok to donwload 4 gb but it HAD to work at the first try.... whatever, i know my message wont change anything, and i'll probably won't be able to play the game anymore, but after 3 or 4 days of frustration you just wanna say how u feel.
cowboy34

Post by cowboy34 »

No Steam here, I have heard of it but do not know what or how to use steam. Researched it now downloading Stream and am going to try steam when download & install is complete.

Cowboy34
Ken
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

SVEN7 wrote:i tried for 3 days, downloaded the full installation more than 3 times, it went to 0% then start again to 45, sometime 82, then go back to 0 again, finally after 3 days of letting the launcher does whatever it wanted to do, it seems like it was about to install but all it gaves me was a bunch a error messages then i have to download it again .Down here in my country we have slow internet but i've been trying anyway and I'm pretty sure i did download about 20 gb of data for nothing the last 3 days and i still can't play it and on top it asks me to download the 8 gb AGAIN (don't say 4gb cause you have to download it twice which is 8 gb to me). I don't feel like trying this again , so can't you just put the Update alone without the full installation (like it was at first)?so we can try again without having to donwload 4 gb or maybe 8 gb for nothing. Some people was able to install it when you released the update alone at first then you choose to force a full installation because the update alone wasn't working, but obviously the full installation stuff is not working neither. can you please at least try? cause i know i've been trying my best finding a way to be able update your game, and it's really frustrating that i can't even play . i'm ok to donwload 4 gb but it HAD to work at the first try.... whatever, i know my message wont change anything, and i'll probably won't be able to play the game anymore, but after 3 or 4 days of frustration you just wanna say how u feel.

Use steam and stop torturing yourself. It downloads in a fraction of the time aswell.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

L3M182 wrote:you using steam?. these issues arnt issues on steam.

on that note, one thing i found was that a handful of people who have downright refused to use steam in the past claim they did/didnt enjoy the beta...... just make thc steam only and lets be done with it.
Yes, base the change on a handful of people ;)
I didn't apply for beta, and watched the official trailers, and see that CotW is pretty much like Cabela's and nothing like THC, so I would like the download system to be fixed with no need for Steam.
Honestly, saying to make it Steam only is about the same as saying please sell the game so all the bugs can be fixed.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Jalio
Tracker

Post by Jalio »

cowboy34 wrote:No Steam here, I have heard of it but do not know what or how to use steam. Researched it now downloading Stream and am going to try steam when download & install is complete.

Cowboy34
Ken
It's a lot easier and there's plenty of people to help you out too. I am sure you'll get to grips with it though. ;)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”