Game Update 8th December 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
L3M182
Outfitter

Re: Game Update 8th December 2016

Post by L3M182 »

DHRifleman wrote:
L3M182 wrote:you using steam?. these issues arnt issues on steam.

on that note, one thing i found was that a handful of people who have downright refused to use steam in the past claim they did/didnt enjoy the beta...... just make thc steam only and lets be done with it.
Yes, base the change on a handful of people ;)
I didn't apply for beta, and watched the official trailers, and see that CotW is pretty much like Cabela's and nothing like THC, so I would like the download system to be fixed with no need for Steam.
Honestly, saying to make it Steam only is about the same as saying please sell the game so all the bugs can be fixed.

Well it's not quite like that is it?. Every game update is rammed with posts of download fails and download restarts and errors. I'd understand if we had no other option but steam is proven to be faster, more reliable and unless I'm mistaken cheaper for EM$ than the web launcher. And cotw has proven when there is no other option people will make take the step.

When the same people moan and demand a solution weekly on the game update threads and refuse to use steam when it solves every problem they are experiencing with the launcher I say suffer in silence.

I don't want to know how bitter them lemons you keep bitting into are when lemonade is an option.

Not only that but the argument that I always hear "I've payed for it I have a right to have this fixed" well I've payed too and YOUR right to have it sorted drains time and resources from problems WE haven't already got a perfect solution to.

Also you'll be glad you did cowboy 34 it's a breeze from here on out update wise
cowboy34

Post by cowboy34 »

Ok here is my take on Steam....I d/l and installed TheHunter through Steam and it was easy, now am able to play TheHunter and all I had to do was sign up for Steam Account (free) and when I login to Hunter account everything was there that is my account @ TheHunter transferred over to steam so I did not have to buy another subscription, my account for TheHunter is still good until expiration date.....Spring 2017.

So if you are waiting to go over to Steam, it is not that big a deal.

Ken
Cowboy34
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

cowboy34 wrote:Ok here is my take on Steam....I d/l and installed TheHunter through Steam and it was easy, now am able to play TheHunter and all I had to do was sign up for Steam Account (free) and when I login to Hunter account everything was there that is my account @ TheHunter transferred over to steam so I did not have to buy another subscription, my account for TheHunter is still good until expiration date.....Spring 2017.

So if you are waiting to go over to Steam, it is not that big a deal.

Ken
Cowboy34
Good to hear, although one slight correction.....Your account didn't "transfer" anywhere, it was just connected to your Steam account. Both the web installation and the Steam installation install the exact same game, and when you launch a game you are connecting to the same game servers (hosted by Google). In fact you can have both the web install and the Steam install on the same computer, and they can access the same account.
Personal Bests...
cowboy34

Post by cowboy34 »

THanks Fletchette, I stand corrected........:)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”