Issues after the wolf patch

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Issues after the wolf patch

Post by Alena Rybik »

Hi guys,

I've read your feedback and here are the issues tI saw being mentioned, some more frequently than others, with my comments to them

CONFIRMED / INVESTIGATING:
1) Launcher / patching - everyone using our launcher will get a full download of the game. If your patching drops back to 0%, it should still continue downloading, just let it finish. the remainder of the game.
We continue working on the deep routed launcher patching issue, we found the problem, but we don't know how to solve it. We will get there though.

NEED MORE INFO:
7) Animals are not harvestable in many cases - need more information
9) Trophy shots not working - need more information
10) Inability to spawn at or fast travel to certain tents - need more information

FIXED / NOT ABLE TO REPRODUCE:
5) Fall Leaf camo not working on TImbergold Trails - works as it should
6) Not possible to join MP games - works as it should
2) "Alt+tab" crash - fixed
3) Pink black bears - fixed
4) Disappearing tracks on TT - investigating
8) Wolves not dying - investigating

Thank you everyone, we are working hard on solving those issues and giving you a stable game as son as possible. We will be super grateful for any information you can provide in regard to the issues above. In the meantime, I understand your frustration, but there is not need to insult the developers, like I've read in the game update thread. We are all adults here and we are all working towards the same goal - to have a good quality, enjoyable game.

Thank you.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Re: Issues after the wolf patch

Post by fantamichele »

Point 5, for me it works perfectly, even on the treeless rocks on huntermate the color is green, really good. Thank you

Point 3, I found a pink wolf :(
Last edited by fantamichele on December 8th, 2016, 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Thanks for the info Alena, the "just let it finish" info would have saved a lot of frustration yesterday. Please continue doing your best.
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

On point 2 - Alt+Tab is too risky, game work good 2h and than crash, game work 5minutes and than crash (starting with glitches and invisible objects and than crash) - for me is random
james990
Outfitter

Post by james990 »

Alena Rybik wrote: 6) Not possible to join MP games - investigating
Thank you.
The only one affectin me atm. Can't make them either. Immidiate error with no error code and goes straight to dxdiag. When i ran the dxdiag it said there was nothing wrong with it. Reinstalled the game and had the same problem. Single player working fine however currently waiting by a carcass which is not the graveyard of 4 wolves and counting:lol:
GodOfThunder70
Tracker

Post by GodOfThunder70 »

shot a wolf during live stream yesterday evening, marked the spot of the dead body with the rangefinder bino.
when I got there, there wasn´t either the wolf nore a track.
same hunt I shot a female mule with a bow. marked the spot of intestine blood with a flag.
when i returned to the flag 20 minutes later, the track was gone.

I can edit a video and upload it.

full scene :
https://www.twitch.tv/gsnthunder/v/105911586
00:47:10 - 01:12:00
Last edited by GodOfThunder70 on December 8th, 2016, 6:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Point 8) : Shot 2 wolves yesterday with a bow and only hurt them.
At each time, track and found the wolf few moments later, standing, shaking his head, and waiting. He doesn't spook when i approach. Shot a second time and kill him. No problem to harvest them
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Thanks for your additional info everyone, we continue to investigate. Please stay on the topic though and don't turn this thread into discussing other bugs, bashing the game and the devs and Call of the Wild.

Updated the OP:
FIXED / NOT ABLE TO REPRODUCE:
5) Fall Leaf camo not working on TImbergold Trails - works as it should
6) Not possible to join MP games - works as it should
james990 wrote:
Alena Rybik wrote: 6) Not possible to join MP games - investigating
Thank you.
The only one affectin me atm. Can't make them either. Immidiate error with no error code and goes straight to dxdiag. When i ran the dxdiag it said there was nothing wrong with it. Reinstalled the game and had the same problem. Single player working fine however currently waiting by a carcass which is not the graveyard of 4 wolves and counting:lol:
Ok, I see, please open a support ticket and we will take it from there.
mudthang
Spotter

Post by mudthang »

Hi Alena

First off, thanks for your solid commitment and unwavering community support. :mrgreen:

Thoughts:

1. Apart from reported issues, I have been having a problem accessing this "Forum" from the web browser link. I click on the Forum tab and it just opens theHunter startpage. The only way to get here is to click on a news/status update then use the "Discussion" link from that page. I think this started before the Wolf Update.

2. As others have noted often, the Launcher re-download full game after every patch is a frustrating SOB bugger but my workaround is to update through Steam (blasphemy I know) then copy and replace the whole "Game" folder over to my standalone theHunter folder. When I relaunch the non-Steam standalone, patching seems done.

Not sure if that confirms or frustrates your findings but please keep up the good work and thank the team many times over.
You have all been champions and continue to do an excellent job...

Keep well
Awesome webapp for tH stats from David aka caledonianblues
Armasight

Post by Armasight »

Point 2 : I got 2 random crashes in a half hour, both on a own multiplayer server at TT.
With the second crash i was on the internet and the game was running on the background, when i opened the game again everything became invisible and crashed.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”