Issues after the wolf patch

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
james990
Outfitter

Re: Issues after the wolf patch

Post by james990 »

Alena Rybik wrote:Thanks for your additional info everyone, we continue to investigate. Please stay on the topic though and don't turn this thread into discussing other bugs, bashing the game and the devs and Call of the Wild.

Updated the OP:
FIXED / NOT ABLE TO REPRODUCE:
5) Fall Leaf camo not working on TImbergold Trails - works as it should
6) Not possible to join MP games - works as it should
james990 wrote:
Alena Rybik wrote: 6) Not possible to join MP games - investigating
Thank you.
The only one affectin me atm. Can't make them either. Immidiate error with no error code and goes straight to dxdiag. When i ran the dxdiag it said there was nothing wrong with it. Reinstalled the game and had the same problem. Single player working fine however currently waiting by a carcass which is not the graveyard of 4 wolves and counting:lol:
Ok, I see, please open a support ticket and we will take it from there.
Thanks, is a support ticket submitting a request to thehunter support? Also i was able to join a game just now but it crashed out when i accidentally did an alt tab. When returning the game bits of the floors where missed and it crashed same as before.

Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

We've just released a new patch with fix for the random crash as well as revamped brown and black bears.
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

As far as I can say, point 8) (wolves not dying) is mainly true (or at least easiest to observe) for arrow shots which are not immediately lethal. I had such a case with my X-Bow fired on a standing wolf lured with the caller. The first hit (30 m, too high in the back) was not registered by the animal at all, it simply remained standing and waiting (so that I first thought that I missed). It collapsed after a second arrow hit on the spot, however, and could be normally harvested. Whether also bullet hits that are not immediately lethal allow such unlimited survival cannot be excluded, but because the affected animals will flee (spooked by the noise of the firearm) and need to be tracked, it is probably very hard to find such examples.
Lindenborn
Tracker

Post by Lindenborn »

I shot two different wolves with my parker bow and they just stood there after first shot(both a little high ), hit but no spook or run, a second perfect shot finished each of these animals off without having to track them, harvested ok.
Also trophy shots that just said "uploading photo" until the end of my game(these were both of wolves also).
I also have two towers on TT which I know are there and I hunt from them, but these do not show up on my map or Huntermate!

Thanks Alena for looking into these, I see improvements already with you at the helm!!!! I overall like the wolves great animals and update!
JBreyer

Post by JBreyer »

Alena Rybik wrote:2) Random cashes - fixed
What specific crash are we talking about Alena? There is a serious issue with ALT-tab: http://steamcommunity.com/app/253710/di ... 272739045/

I have noticed this on 3 maps, but TGT seems to have the most problems.

1. People alt-tab out of the game
2. They return to the game
3. They notice issues with the ground: textures disappear, sections turning black, white or blue instead, seems to be random (the Steam link shows an example).
4. In several cases people have experienced a crash when they came close to these sections or they had other issues related to ALT-tab (see Steam link)

So while this crash might seem random to some, it's initiated by alt-tab, but the resulting issues might show up later, giving the player the idea that it's random.

Note that the issue can also be caused by any background program taking priority with a notification window for example, which would force the user to ALT-tab back into the game, so people don't always have it under their control unless they stop all background applications that could send notifications, which is of course not something they would like to do.

The issue happens in full screen, but doesn't seem to happen (has to be verified by more people) in windowed mode, so that could be used as temporary workaround. In windowed mode I have not seen any texture issue in more than 5 hours and not a single crash, even after switching numerous times to my internet browser.

Thanks.

PS: someone in this thread reported something that sounds like the issue I'm talking about:
Armasight wrote:Point 2 : I got 2 random crashes in a half hour, both on a own multiplayer server at TT.
With the second crash i was on the internet and the game was running on the background, when i opened the game again everything became invisible and crashed.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

JBreyer wrote:
Alena Rybik wrote:2) Random cashes - fixed
What specific crash are we talking about Alena? There is a serious issue with ALT-tab: http://steamcommunity.com/app/253710/di ... 272739045/

I have noticed this on 3 maps, but TGT seems to have the most problems.

1. People alt-tab out of the game
2. They return to the game
3. They notice issues with the ground: textures disappear, sections turning black, white or blue instead, seems to be random (the Steam link shows an example).
4. In several cases people have experienced a crash when they came close to these sections or they had other issues related to ALT-tab (see Steam link)
This is the one that has been fixed.
rb42
Spotter

Post by rb42 »

Haven't played with them a lot and I'd imagine this has already come up but I think the 45/70 & 30/30 got mixed up in the permissible weapons thing.
ClemD
Scout

Post by ClemD »

Alena Rybik wrote:
7) Animals are not harvestable in many cases - need more information
Twice I was not able to harvest a mule deer buck because it had ran into the water. In both cases they did not drift towards the beach so that I could harvest them. I went away, came back 30 minutes later and still was not able to harvest them.
My location where I was are below, the deer was about 4-5 meters out of reach.
1. -5049, 740
2. -5185, 1200

Rare: 153 – Non-Typical: 12
Competitions: 82 – Gold: 25, Silver: 29, Bronze: 23, Events: 5
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I shot at a wolf yesterday with the Heavy Recurve. I missed, but the wolf did the howling animation before running.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
mikeman1
Scout

Post by mikeman1 »

Thanks for caring Alena. You and the team doing a great job and making a noticeable difference in responding to customer issues and concerns! And caledoniablues - I have a sense you're in there behind the scenes as well. Thanks guys!

Alena is right about not bashing the team. Negative comments do nothing at all to help. Positive reinforcement is a much better motivator!
Code: Select all

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”