Issues after the wolf patch

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
gas56
Outfitter

Re: Issues after the wolf patch

Post by gas56 »

Tracking issues... effected 1 time while tracking a Mule deer. After spotting and shooting at a deer the time of roaming tracks that started stayed 25-35 mins. ahead of me and I could not catch up until running for half a maps length. Very odd, never did that before on roaming tracks times.
Shot animals not hit.... effected 2 times while shooting at a Wolf and a Mule deer. Using scoped 30-06 with round nose ammo both within' 100 M distance.
Hidden collision objects.... Have noticed a lot of collision objects are off ground models, therefore shots may be effected at a distance where un-clear visibility may not be rendered.
JBreyer

Post by JBreyer »

Alena Rybik wrote:
JBreyer wrote:
Alena Rybik wrote:2) Random cashes - fixed
What specific crash are we talking about Alena? There is a serious issue with ALT-tab: http://steamcommunity.com/app/253710/di ... 272739045/

I have noticed this on 3 maps, but TGT seems to have the most problems.

1. People alt-tab out of the game
2. They return to the game
3. They notice issues with the ground: textures disappear, sections turning black, white or blue instead, seems to be random (the Steam link shows an example).
4. In several cases people have experienced a crash when they came close to these sections or they had other issues related to ALT-tab (see Steam link)
This is the one that has been fixed.
It doesn't seem to be fully fixed, these are reactions of people hours after the crack was released (didn't get a chance to test it myself yet):

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 63#p841858
I still get a black screen when I alt+tab....but the game doesn't fully crash now.
Thanks for the update but I just had another freeze after 4th alt+tab. I could hear the sound in the background but pc was unresponsive with black screen (the only solution was ctrl+alt+delete and force closing).
Also on the Steam forum I see similar reactions, here's one:
I had a hint of this issue yesterday before todays update but it just froze up until I tabbed out and back, it was normal after going back live in game. It's probably worse now after an update.
Sorry, I wish I had better news.
Lamphunter
Hunter

Post by Lamphunter »

gas56 wrote:Tracking issues... effected 1 time while tracking a Mule deer. After spotting and shooting at a deer the time of roaming tracks that started stayed 25-35 mins. ahead of me and I could not catch up until running for half a maps length. Very odd, never did that before on roaming tracks times.
Same just happened to me with a male Roe Deer in VDB. I kept following roaming tracks of it but instead of reducing the time, time would increase,even after i started running. Couldn't reduce the time and quit following it. :roll:
I've been playing TH Classic since 2011 and I've never noticed something like that before!
Last edited by Lamphunter on December 9th, 2016, 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
MudBug
Outfitter

Post by MudBug »

Has anybody experienced a sound localization bug with the wolf?

Last night, before multiple crashes, I would hear the "panting" of the wolf like it was my tracking/retriever dog right next to me. At the time, the wolf was nowhere in sight, but I estimate it was 150-200m away based on subsequent calls from the wolf before it came into visual range.

For the 3 wolves killed last night:
3 fled after being shot (1 in body, 2 in heart/lungs). All 3 were found alive, moving in a standing position. Walked up to animal without spooking and shot a second time, then animal died on the spot. Used .223 rifle.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

It seems that skills are not upgraded since the release, i had spotted more than 350 ducks in the actual Holiday Event comp since yesterday and my skills are the same than before.
JBreyer

Post by JBreyer »

Alena Rybik wrote:In the meantime, I understand your frustration
If you understand people's frustration then why haven't you responded to your own thread in which people are trying to help you to find a solution for the current issues? Now it feels like "Weekend first!".
ClemD
Scout

Post by ClemD »

ClemD wrote:
Alena Rybik wrote:
7) Animals are not harvestable in many cases - need more information
Twice I was not able to harvest a mule deer buck because it had ran into the water. In both cases they did not drift towards the beach so that I could harvest them. I went away, came back 30 minutes later and still was not able to harvest them.
My location where I was are below, the deer was about 4-5 meters out of reach.
1. -5049, 740
2. -5185, 1200
I am adding another one, this one in the river:
3. -4578, 892

Rare: 153 – Non-Typical: 12
Competitions: 82 – Gold: 25, Silver: 29, Bronze: 23, Events: 5
Bonaventura
Outfitter

Post by Bonaventura »

Just had my first hunt on TGT with wolves.
Everything seemed to work as normal, then I called in my first wolf with the wolf caller. It came towards my tower, got stuck in the body of one of the elks that I had previously killed, I aimed at it with the Pulsar, released the arrow and ... CTD.

That is most unusual. I can hardly remember when I had the last CTD in TH, must have been when the first dogs were introduced into the game.
My season stats
Spoiler:
DarkMatter

Post by DarkMatter »

My game crashed 4 times already after teleporting to a tent on TGT. I never had any crash in 400 hours but since the update I have tons of issues.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

We've fixed a couple of crashes (including the one related to fast-travelling), it will be included in the next patch some time this week.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”