Game Update 7th December 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
BCKidd

Re: Game Update 7th December 2016

Post by BCKidd »

muldo wrote:So, letting it just run seems like a solution, its really confusing when you get to a point and the installation returns to zero. Couldn't play yesterday, better luck today I hope. Thanks for the info B C Kidd and Foresterjoe, up steps the community again.

New- see Alena's message about the download etc
Yeah, that is where a lot of frustration came into play for some of us. I see now though Alena has made a post explaining 'to let it (the launcher) run it's course'. Hopefully this will settle the nerves of those that haven't read through this thread. @ Muldo, I can't take any credit for what Foresterjoe posted. I was as confused as the rest of us were until, I read his explanation. I'm certainly glad he posted it! I was getting nervous that the game was done for me. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
cowboy34

Post by cowboy34 »

OK, Thanks, am d/l it now so will be patient.....

Ken
Cowboy34
Corsaire31
Tracker

Post by Corsaire31 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
Corsaire31 wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote: That's all well and good. However, my guess is that other gaming companies, once notified of a bug or bugs, fix them. They don't send an email saying your bug report is resolved, which is a bot that just sends it.
Well my experience with games ( and I played many and still do today ) is that most game companies just stop fixing bugs after a few months ( except if they want to sell you some DLCs ! ) ;) And many don't send emails at all...
Yes, but your experience with games is limited. First by your own admission, and secondly by the statistics on your profile. Just a guess, could be wrong, but I suspect it's the same for other games you play...six months later.
I started playing in the 80s on a Commodore 64 ( with games on tapes before the 5 1/4" floppy discs... :) ) and never stopped since then, so I think I can say I have some experience of the gaming world. :lol: And for info the games I like I usually play them over several years. If I look at my hard disks, most games there are between 3 and 10 years old, record being Falcon 4.0 first released in 1998 and still working with community mods. :lol:
Virtual pilot - virtual angler - virtual hunter ... real slacker !

Lamphunter
Hunter

Post by Lamphunter »

Grey wolves look fantastic and so do the animations! :)
Thank you ;)
Sannas
Scout

Post by Sannas »

Wow, I haven't played or followed the updates in around a year. I decided to check in quickly how the game is doing and wolves are finally here! And apparently grizzlies, bighorn sheep, Rockies... :shock: Life has been busy so I thought I'm in no hurry in upgrading my gaming computer. It still has Vista so I can't even play thehHunter anymore, and the graphics card is slowly dying too. Looks like I have to buy myself a Christmas present.
jeff1963
Hunter

Post by jeff1963 »

therisths wrote:
Corsaire31 wrote:
therisths wrote: Its not about just glitches but serious bugs, its about the whole gameplay ,sounds animations etc which make the game unplayable.
If you really think it's unplayable, why are you wasting time playing it ? ;)
I would like to leave it but i(and most of the players) love the game , it maybe takes years for EW to understand.
You hate the game, love it, spend enormous amounts of money, not to mention time playing it, and want to leave it. You're hooked on it like its a drug.
Thanks, ~Jeff

baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

Question: can i bait them with the carcass of an animal that i had shot?
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
iz_da
Scout

Post by iz_da »

baloo.the.dog wrote:Question: can i bait them with the carcass of an animal that i had shot?
Nope :>
Find an already placed carcass, put up a treestand nearby and start calling with the Elk Calf caller.
Spoiler:
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

iz_da wrote:
baloo.the.dog wrote:Question: can i bait them with the carcass of an animal that i had shot?
Nope :>
Find an already placed carcass, put up a treestand nearby and start calling with the Elk Calf caller.
thx, thats what ive been doing and it wrks pretty good
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
ElusiveShadow
Outfitter

Post by ElusiveShadow »

I have had a couple of hunts today to see the wolves and I am enjoying their addition to the reserve. I especially like the howling which adds a lot of atmosphere to the map.

One teeny-weeny thing irks me though: the 'carcasses'. I have seen quite a few and...they all have been dead elk with a 'blood affect' skin on them but absolutely no damage. I would LOVE to see properly half-eaten Elk carcasses, 1/4 eaten carcasses etc added to the game. Even just a small selection of 3 or 4 possible carcasses would be great. As it is now, it feels as though the wolves are just slaughtering Elk for giggles and not much else.

The last thing I want from the game when it finally ends: An offline, single player version.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”