Game Update 7th December 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Re: Game Update 7th December 2016

Post by Alena Rybik »

I've made a separate thread about known issues here: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=77317 Please contribute if you have something to add there! Thank you.
therisths
Hunter

Post by therisths »

animal carcasses supose to have 100% attractiveness right? I found about 10 of them i was waiting for more than 15min but nothing no wolf appeared....all my wolf harvests was after calling them but i never saw a herd. I was expecting a herd of 5-7 wolves but no.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

New patch is out, see details here: http://news.thehunter.com/game-update-127/
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

I always wonder why even people who play this game for already a longer time still honestly expect that the release of any complex new game feature is "free of bugs". This naivety is amazing. There are never a bug-free releases, even less the more complex a game (like this ever-growing title) becomes.

The aim of every game-producing company in the world is to release, first and foremost, a playable version with as little bug numbers as possible, but at the same time being fully aware that some additional glitches will inevitably be in it and - hopefully - detected by the playing community. It is also not that such a patch is not carefully tested beforehand. Its simply that there is a time point where more testing in the "protected" pre-release environment will not reveal an significant improvement that would justify holding back the update for longer. The probability curve leading to "null bugs" is an asymptote, mathematically spoken. I see this as a act of balance, and I guess that even the most annoyed perfectionist would understand that if he ever had to produce a game himself...
Jack.Grave
Outfitter

Post by Jack.Grave »

Signed MonacoSteve, it's best description of my thoughts and feelings. Jack

Sent from my HTC One SV using Tapatalk
krokenosterfant
Scout

Post by krokenosterfant »

Name one pc game on earth that doesn't have bugs? Even the big AAA titles have game breaking bugs and yes they do patch them, but their companies/dev teams are huge. Give thehunter team a break. I have had 1 pink border crash and the tracking on tgt when it came out... that's all and I have played this game flat out almost daily. There are certain people on this forum that just coooooooooooooonstantly moan... they should go climb a tree and fall off
therisths
Hunter

Post by therisths »

MonacoSteve wrote:I always wonder why even people who play this game for already a longer time still honestly expect that the release of any complex new game feature is "free of bugs". This naivety is amazing. There are never a bug-free releases, even less the more complex a game (like this ever-growing title) becomes.

The aim of every game-producing company in the world is to release, first and foremost, a playable version with as little bug numbers as possible, but at the same time being fully aware that some additional glitches will inevitably be in it and - hopefully - detected by the playing community. It is also not that such a patch is not carefully tested beforehand. Its simply that there is a time point where more testing in the "protected" pre-release environment will not reveal an significant improvement that would justify holding back the update for longer. The probability curve leading to "null bugs" is an asymptote, mathematically spoken. I see this as a act of balance, and I guess that even the most annoyed perfectionist would understand that if he ever had to produce a game himself...
Ofc , but when you release something (with its own bugs) you fix it before release something else. After wrr release nothing works as it used too. I just wonder (i think all of us wonder) they dont test it before release? They dont know how to play their own game? For example, when you couldnt walk through trees in TBT,or animal track problem, sounds etc. How can i experience all these bugs and they cant? Its not about just glitches but serious bugs, its about the whole gameplay ,sounds animations etc which make the game unplayable.
Corsaire31
Tracker

Post by Corsaire31 »

therisths wrote: Its not about just glitches but serious bugs, its about the whole gameplay ,sounds animations etc which make the game unplayable.
If you really think it's unplayable, why are you wasting time playing it ? ;)
Virtual pilot - virtual angler - virtual hunter ... real slacker !

FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

MonacoSteve wrote:I always wonder why even people who play this game for already a longer time still honestly expect that the release of any complex new game feature is "free of bugs". This naivety is amazing. There are never a bug-free releases, even less the more complex a game (like this ever-growing title) becomes.

Well said MonacoSteve
krokenosterfant
Scout

Post by krokenosterfant »

Haha Corsaire

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”