The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
SloNeZ
Scout

Re: Game Update 7th December 2016

Post by SloNeZ »

I've posted this before but I can't remember where so:
I too tried to update earlier today and got an error so I
1) Closed the launcher
2) Went to the main "theHunter" folder(location may vary, mine is installed on my F drive)
3) Deleted both the "Download" and "Game" folders. I did not touch the "Launcher" folder.
4) Reopened the launcher and ignored it until it was done with the installation.
The download lies. It will show the wrong download size and even showed the download restarting at around 20% several times. I just left it alone and it eventually completed with no further issue. I think the whole process took 10-15 minutes but I can't remember exactly. The actual installation took a lot longer than it should have but it worked.
I've done this the past two updates.
While this in no way replaces a valid fix it might help some people at least get back in the game while the devs try to work out the problem.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

VonStratos wrote:
foresterjoe wrote:patching regular launcher,

4-5Mb/s speed
8.64Gb full Download
46% complete back to 0%
0% to 46% complete back to 0%
0% to 7% complete then extracting
installer box on screen
patching done.
all adds up to around 100%

no wonder all the confusion and complaints, at least no errors for me this time around.
good job. :)

Thats a very usefull info sir, i was about to give up today with the patch after it reset to 0 then i read this and left the launcher keep the installing and was just like that, now its installed and patched, thanks.
Yes. It wasn't EW staff that came on here and pointed this out but a community member. You saved my faith Foresterjoe- Thank you kindly. I uninstalled the launcher three times until you posted that information. I followed example and let it do it's thing, and it did. Once again, thanks for pointing it out Fj. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
TimCrazy
Spotter

Post by TimCrazy »

caledonianblues wrote:
TimCrazy wrote:How do you get that signature that shows how many animals you killed?
Click here to go to your profile settings then in the textbox on right, paste the following code:

Code: Select all

[signature=XXX][/signature]
Replace "XXX" with your actual in-game username. When you're done click Submit.

Spoiler:
Piebald: 5
Black Piebald: 2
Melanistic: 1
Albino: 1
Cinnamon: 1
Blonde: 1
Non-typicals: 3
MudBug
Outfitter

Post by MudBug »

17 pages into this thread and about 15 pages of nothing but problems being reported. The first 2 pages being just people saying thanks for having yet another huge steaming dookie of a failed patch/new animal release shoved down their throats because they haven't had the time to embark on the patching process yet. Same old problems with a rushed new release that is unfinished. Release 1 thing and break 5-10 others.

Personally, I had no problems with the download of the new patch (I use Steam). However, the random crashes, inability to spawn at or fast travel to certain tents, trophy shot not working, tracks disappearing, wolves not dying and needing to be dispatched with a second killing shot, etc.. Would love to see this vaunted "New A.I.". Cannot due to crashes. Maybe one day......

Sorry for everybody who had to DL the whole thing over multiple times yet again. You're not missing all that much (see 2nd paragraph).

Well, we can now go ahead and call EW "The Gang Who Couldn't Code Straight". Actually, we could have called them that 2-3 years ago when they began to cause more game problems than they solved. They deserved the benefit of the doubt. Not anymore. How many straws does it take to finally break the camel's back?

Was excited about Call of the Wild. Looking back at the track record of the last 2-3 years, I don't think I can even muster a "cautiously optimistic" feeling at this time about the new game. I have little remaining faith.
Margarita888
Spotter

Post by Margarita888 »

I would have gladly waited for an other month or 3 for the release if that meant less bugs.
So far the wolf experience feels like an alpha stage, pun not intended.
Spoiler:
Margarita, EHR hunter since 2012.
MudBug
Outfitter

Post by MudBug »

Margarita888 wrote:I would have gladly waited for an other month or 3 for the release if that meant less bugs.
So far the wolf experience feels like an alpha stage, pun not intended.
This is actually a way more succinct and tactful way to put it than my wall of text above. Curse my depressed brain.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

After reading whats going on here and seeing that every time there is something new in the hunter ''classic'' , something goes wrong, i think that finally , i'm anxious to try Call of the Wild and turn the page on this old , tired , buggy game .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

james990
Outfitter

Post by james990 »

My Multiplayer is not working. when attempting to join or create a MP, it goes to my dxdiag and says theres no error. But there is as it consistently happens every time. Stuck with singleplayer. Even uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still didn't work
TimCrazy
Spotter

Post by TimCrazy »

I haven't had the problem. I use steam.

But this one of my favorite video games :)
I'm interested about call of the wild to though.
Spoiler:
Piebald: 5
Black Piebald: 2
Melanistic: 1
Albino: 1
Cinnamon: 1
Blonde: 1
Non-typicals: 3
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

So, letting it just run seems like a solution, its really confusing when you get to a point and the installation returns to zero. Couldn't play yesterday, better luck today I hope. Thanks for the info B C Kidd and Foresterjoe, up steps the community again.

New- see Alena's message about the download etc

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”