Status Update 1st December 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Re: Status Update 1st December 2016

Post by Alena Rybik »

Pittie wrote:"And a final note to those of you who can not retrieve their large equipment placed next to borders – right now, the only way for us to deal with it is to retrieve items manually. Please get in touch with our support and provide coordinates of your unreachable equipment and we will sort it out."

David, exactly this I've done at 26.10. I've send two reminder, but still no reaction. I'm waiting now 6 weeks. :(
What is your support ticket number?
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

Alena Rybik wrote:
Pittie wrote:"And a final note to those of you who can not retrieve their large equipment placed next to borders – right now, the only way for us to deal with it is to retrieve items manually. Please get in touch with our support and provide coordinates of your unreachable equipment and we will sort it out."

David, exactly this I've done at 26.10. I've send two reminder, but still no reaction. I'm waiting now 6 weeks. :(
What is your support ticket number?

Thank you :)
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

therisths
Hunter

Post by therisths »

Thanks for the update glad to hear that you are working on wolf release but do us a favour: fix the broken TBT reserve before release them, at least the basic ones, ptarmigants,animal spook while bowhunt etc,what is the point in releasing something (with his own bugs) in an already full of bugs reserve?

Now as for the holiday event. No matter what we say ,you keep releasing the same lame,unbalance events, you will never learn? How can you call it competition?You ask me/us to compete with what? Those who play for 24,48..hours straight?
Of curse i want to participate but there is no way to compete against that.I can join wwr too, hunting sitkas CCS for about 4,5 maybe 6 hours but noway close to 24h or more....do you know what balance means? All these years you do the same thing....gift points,biggest ccs etc.
Why dont you just ask for our money(sales per event's day) in the first place instead of feeding us garbage?
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

therisths wrote:Thanks for the update glad to hear that you are working on wolf release but do us a favour: fix the broken TBT reserve before release them, at least the basic ones, ptarmigants,animal spook while bowhunt etc,what is the point in releasing something (with his own bugs) in an already full of bugs reserve?

Now as for the holiday event. No matter what we say ,you keep releasing the same lame,unbalance events, you will never learn? How can you call it competition?You ask me/us to compete with what? Those who play for 24,48..hours straight?
Of curse i want to participate but there is no way to compete against that.I can join wwr too, hunting sitkas CCS for about 4,5 maybe 6 hours but noway close to 24h or more....do you know what balance means? All these years you do the same thing....gift points,biggest ccs etc.
Why dont you just ask for our money(sales per event's day) in the first place instead of feeding us garbage?
Well, "garbage" is an exaggeration here. Or, better to say, what is garbage for you is a great event for someone else, in fact for many players as this thread goes. We are always open to reasonable suggestions for more balanced events that can be liked by more players than the ones we currently do. By reasonable I mean that we can implement with our existing systems. Our events are not perfect, true, and are not suited for every player (if something like this is even possible), but thousands of people like them and participate in them, which is not that bad.

As for TBT bugs; white-tailed ptarmigan behaviour is going to be looked into next week. Do we have a bug report about animals spooking while bow-hunting? I am not aware of that one. What are other bugs that are filling the reserve, as per your post?
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

Im happy with this event... there is good mission and competition (challenging one - roos brain is little bit tricky) and my goal is 24k points and level 3 reward trophy. As always with some sales and at the end with free stuff (pants this year?)... If you want some challenge with 2-3 good aimed shot i think this competitions is perfect to you... If you want destroy your holidays take part in this 25 all-day hunt. But calling it garbage? Its not so easy to make missions, competitions, trophys etc. for us and make all happy.
therisths
Hunter

Post by therisths »

Im not a mentalist or something, but soon or later there will be posts in this topic complaining about the event 100%,as happening with every event since i started play thehunter. Every time an event was released i was full of suggestions for example:1) 5 attempts but one competition entry for each player, no matter how many hours someone plays he has only one chance to be placed in comp's leaderborad.Thats how you can balance ''nolifers'' .
2. You dont have to release competition events ,you can just design missions.
3. As for whole comp points (here:CCS) here is my suggestion : The average range of all of your shots through the liver and only of each specie, one try/shot per spiece + mission points= total score = balance.Everyone has the time to compete no matter how long they play,no matter how lucky they are.Also it a vitals lesson for new players.
Its so simple.

As for the TBT bugs , if you check your mailbox here i sent you a bug report via PM since tbt got released. Animal spook while bowhunt is a confirmed bug , now im writting on this bug on behalf of lots of players since they dont have forum account, who played with me, hunted with me in the same tower/treestand/tripod and they can clearly confirm that they saw animals spook even at a distance of 60-100m.If you check my thehunter account you will see that i stopped hunting in TBT when i started bowhunt in this reserve.Im not a newbie to talk nosense i know what im talking about.Even if im the only one that confirm such a bug it doesnt mean that its not a bug. For example , the broken bear barrel, i wrote it here in the forum, i also submited a bug report in support.Noone seemed to care but after a month passed i read massive comments here about the same bug. You have to respect and listen to oneman power in case he is right and can get you out of troubles in the future. Like bear barrel which is still broken.Thanks!
Last edited by therisths on December 2nd, 2016, 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

:D Nice to see David in the team - I guess it was a handy coincidence that he lived in Stockholm anyway...

Welcome to Patrick as well! :D

And yes - I also join the group of those who find that it is discouraging to know that the CotW news will exclusively be distributed over the Steam forum in future, and over other fancy social media platforms, but not - at least in parallel - also in this forum.

Maybe we find an enthusiast who likes all this the same, and copies the major info here for us dinosaurs?
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

Great update and next weeks patch sounds really promising more on the wolves and a possible fix for the White-tailed-ptarmigans...
Hopefully the ugly graphic glitch on the rock ptarmigans will be fixed soon as well.

And of course David joining the team is great.
I'm quite the happy camper for now. ;)
mudthang
Spotter

Post by mudthang »

Forgive me if this has been asked elsewhere

On the Competitions Page, some events are not marked as either Single Player or Multiplayer. Does that mean that either game mode will work? Don't want to spend ages chasing Roos in Single Player only to find they don't count.

Thanks for the assist and good luck with the hunt.
Awesome webapp for tH stats from David aka caledonianblues
Dennis Borg
Hunter

Post by Dennis Borg »

Yes either should work just fine.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”