Holiday Event 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
RandomNameOfDoom

Re: Holiday Event 2016

Post by RandomNameOfDoom »

Thanks Tanngnjostr. It was the Black bear mission. I ID'd two different Black bear tracks the other day and it popped up to say so. The mission didn't say that they had to completed during the same hunt so I just went for the second part.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

RandomNameOfDoom wrote:Thanks Tanngnjostr. It was the Black bear mission. I ID'd two different Black bear tracks the other day and it popped up to say so. The mission didn't say that they had to completed during the same hunt so I just went for the second part.
I know that this mission description is misleading - it doesn't even clearly state that you have to track different bears. Since it says "After tracking..." in the second objective, I'd assume it has to be done in one hunt - although you're absolutely right that this is was more obvious in past mission descriptions. I can only say that I did this mission in one hunt and it worked...
Image Image Image
RandomNameOfDoom

Post by RandomNameOfDoom »

Thanks, Tanngnjostr, I'll try again, if I can get close enough again without spooking the beast.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Congrats to the rightful winners of this event! I managed the 2nd place ribbon...lol. Except for the bird comps and missions I managed all others. Was a fun time. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

I cleaned up the cheating discussion here. Most of you know the policy here, but in case you're new, read the sticky topic in the General Chat forum & of course, the Code of Conduct covers this as well. I would like to point out that, while it is well known by this point that there was some shenanigans going on, it will be dealt with and the proper participants will be rewarded, to quote caledonianblues earlier in this thread:
caledonianblues wrote: Action has been taken against players who were found to be cheating. The leaderboard still needs to be cleaned up but that's a manual process. It will be done in due course, then anyone would moves up the leaderboard into a position that results in a prize, will have that prize added to their account.
I also want to point out that the vast majority of players did play legit and their accomplishments don't deserve to be downplayed or tarnished due to the poor decisions of a few bad apples. Thanks everybody, & congratulations to everybody that's still holding a trophy in a few days. ;)
RyderJack

Post by RyderJack »

BuiuRei wrote:
Granti wrote:
RyderJack wrote:It was fun, well maybe except Pheasant and White-tailed Ptarmigan missions, but they are also dead :) Congrats to everyone! I managed to do all the daily missions/competitions and added some bonus points from css.

I don't mind lengthy event like this, but hopefully in future there could be sometimes events that would take playing time in consideration in final standings (like final score divided by hours spent playing and the results form the final table). Me and I'm sure many other hunters simply don't have time (because of work, school, family, etc...) to play all day (6-8 hours or even more) everyday. We may put in a good effort and get some nice results in few hours that we play, but sometimes it is clear from the get go that higher places are out of reach unless stupidly lucky :D An event for guys playing couple hours a day, not everyday would be nice, that's what I'm trying to say. But I'm sure that I'll participate again in such events as this Holiday Event, no complaints.

Happy holidays, everyone!!!
second that.

and why not let missions and competitions count for themselfs? only the css from the mission-animals add to your total. would give the working people at least a little chance. and people would stick more to the daily challenges instead going deer after deer.

nevertheless it was a fun and motivating event. more of that please.
You would have ALL of the first 100 places with 250000 points.
Nah, i don't mean that event like this one should be scored like that, there could be other events or special events that take playing time into consideration. Or for Holiday Event, for example there could be the final standings like they are, but also additional alternative trophies awarded based on playing time, like for the top 3. There's many possibilities how to do it, it would surely make things more interesting.
Manu5Ahau
Scout

Post by Manu5Ahau »

I also think a trophy special made for all who only did all off the missions would be nice!
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Manu5Ahau wrote:I also think a trophy special made for all who only did all off the missions would be nice!
Ahh yeah, the Doc's Mule trophy, or some such. I like it.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Hawkeye wrote:
Manu5Ahau wrote:I also think a trophy special made for all who only did all off the missions would be nice!
For purely selfish reasons I second that. :D
Spoiler:
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

BuiuRei wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:
For purely selfish reasons I second that. :D
Indeed. :D

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”