Re: Holiday Event 2016

Post by FR_Bugs »

BuiuRei wrote: For purely selfish reasons I second that. :D
Same here :D
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Here what bugs me about this '' cheaters '' issue .

I've worked hard to stay in the 51@100 range to get the camping supplies . I finished in 52th place . ( yes , worked hard . Controlling your CSS isn't an easy task , lol )
NOW, if a couple players , i mean cheaters, are either removed completely or else , some of us might move up . This might be o.k. for some , good .

I, for one do not need the scent eliminator at all and do not use it at all. This would be frustrating to get a prize you did not want after all.

we'll see what comes out of this ...

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

RyderJack wrote:
BuiuRei wrote:
Granti wrote:
second that.

and why not let missions and competitions count for themselfs? only the css from the mission-animals add to your total. would give the working people at least a little chance. and people would stick more to the daily challenges instead going deer after deer.

nevertheless it was a fun and motivating event. more of that please.
You would have ALL of the first 100 places with 250000 points.
Nah, i don't mean that event like this one should be scored like that, there could be other events or special events that take playing time into consideration. Or for Holiday Event, for example there could be the final standings like they are, but also additional alternative trophies awarded based on playing time, like for the top 3. There's many possibilities how to do it, it would surely make things more interesting.
neither did i as i said already. as for your suggestion: isnt that something like they have in the us? a particpation-prize? but ok...;)

my suggestion wasnt meant to make an extra competition for players with little time on their hands. it should be just one competition but balanced for players that have many time and players that dont.

but probably thats not the right topic to discuss this further on.
Jimbodaddy
Tracker

Post by Jimbodaddy »

Well I think I won some thing for the 2016 event , The Trophy shows 7th place. I did manage to complete all the missions Including the one with the Pheasant w/22 air rifle.
I also got an entry in all the competitions , but did not make the top ten in any. Got 250000+ jolly points :lol:
Is there going to be Prizes awarded :?: Just not sure if I won something or not. :lol:
TrueshotM
Scout

Post by TrueshotM »

I really had a lot of fun doing the missions and taking advantages of the sales. I just realized, lol, yeah, look at my hunter score and kills below, it's quite embarrassing to admit this. But when I got the spotting scope on sale yesterday I just found out that you can mouse click 1 at whatever your looking at through your binos or spotting scope and it marks it on the map no matter how far away. So many Ptarmies in TgT have been left unfound, bighorn sheep, ect.... SO many animals went un harvested because I couldn't find the corpse. All I had to do is look at the corpse and left click and it would have marked the corpse on my map. So if you also didn't know that, hope that helps, because it sure is going to change my gaming experience, especially when I have 4 hog corpses scattered throughout bushrangers and get all confused. But the sales, loved em, just like mid summer. I'd say my highlight of this event would be the Grey Wolf .270. I looked at the winning rifle, a .308, looked at the premium skinned .270 grey wolf and said hmm. Grey Wolf is better, can buy this one and just enjoy December with no stress on comps, done deal. I felt like I won 1'st place as soon as I got it. Then the release of the bear mission trophy. One of the coolest trophy's on my page if not THE coolest. * didn't win an Ibex ornament like I wanted but also didn't grind out any comps* that would have to be the coolest though congrats again to all that got lucky on that. So thanks again for this event, no complaints here. I got around 4 new rifles, 1 new bow, 5 new tents, 2 trophies and one kick ass spotting scope that spotted a dang stika at 193 meters with I'm sure a below 3 spotting skill on Stika and learned it can mark places on map. The wolves were released, bears were remodeled. Thanks EW! Hopefully you got something for us for New Years! * on top of all that my favorite scope to fit my weatherby / .300 / .270, and thanks to todays sale, Doggie GPS so I never have to worry about him spooking animals* Thanks again EW, ya'll just keep the surprises coming *crosses fingers for %50 off Retrievers :D*
Last edited by TrueshotM on December 27th, 2016, 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

TrueshotM wrote:I really had a lot of fun doing the missions and taking advantages of the sales. I just realized, lol, yeah, look at my hunter score and kills below, it's quite embarrassing to admit this. But when I got the spotting scope on sale yesterday I just found out that you can mouse click 1 at whatever your looking at through your binos or spotting scope and it marks it on the map no matter how far away. So many Ptarmies in TgT have been left unfound, bighorn sheep, ect.... SO many animals went un harvested because I couldn't find the corpse. All I had to do is look at the corpse and left click and it would have marked the corpse on my map. So if you also didn't know that, hope that helps, because it sure is going to change my gaming experience, especially when I have 4 hog corpses scattered throughout bushrangers and get all confused. But the sales, loved em, just like mid summer. I'd say my highlight of this event would be the Grey Wolf .270. I looked at the winning rifle, a .308, looked at the premium skinned .270 grey wolf and said hmm. Grey Wolf is better, can buy this one and just enjoy December with no stress on comps, done deal. I felt like I won 1'st place as soon as I got it. Then the release of the bear mission trophy. One of the coolest trophy's on my page if not THE coolest. * didn't win an Ibex ornament like I wanted but also didn't grind out any comps* that would have to be the coolest though congrats again to all that got lucky on that. So thanks again for this event, no complaints here. I got around 4 new rifles, 1 new bow, 5 new tents, 2 trophies and one kick ass spotting scope that spotted a dang stika at 193 meters with I'm sure a below 3 spotting skill on Stika and learned it can mark places on map. The wolves were released, bears were remodeled. Thanks EW! Hopefully you got something for us for New Years!
Not sure having 4 feral hog corpses scattered about will be helped by the red dot since you can only place one at a time. As info. ;)

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
TrueshotM
Scout

Post by TrueshotM »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
TrueshotM wrote:I really had a lot of fun doing the missions and taking advantages of the sales. I just realized, lol, yeah, look at my hunter score and kills below, it's quite embarrassing to admit this. But when I got the spotting scope on sale yesterday I just found out that you can mouse click 1 at whatever your looking at through your binos or spotting scope and it marks it on the map no matter how far away. So many Ptarmies in TgT have been left unfound, bighorn sheep, ect.... SO many animals went un harvested because I couldn't find the corpse. All I had to do is look at the corpse and left click and it would have marked the corpse on my map. So if you also didn't know that, hope that helps, because it sure is going to change my gaming experience, especially when I have 4 hog corpses scattered throughout bushrangers and get all confused. But the sales, loved em, just like mid summer. I'd say my highlight of this event would be the Grey Wolf .270. I looked at the winning rifle, a .308, looked at the premium skinned .270 grey wolf and said hmm. Grey Wolf is better, can buy this one and just enjoy December with no stress on comps, done deal. I felt like I won 1'st place as soon as I got it. Then the release of the bear mission trophy. One of the coolest trophy's on my page if not THE coolest. * didn't win an Ibex ornament like I wanted but also didn't grind out any comps* that would have to be the coolest though congrats again to all that got lucky on that. So thanks again for this event, no complaints here. I got around 4 new rifles, 1 new bow, 5 new tents, 2 trophies and one kick ass spotting scope that spotted a dang stika at 193 meters with I'm sure a below 3 spotting skill on Stika and learned it can mark places on map. The wolves were released, bears were remodeled. Thanks EW! Hopefully you got something for us for New Years!
Not sure having 4 feral hog corpses scattered about will be helped by the red dot since you can only place one at a time. As info. ;)
So you draw an x on the spot where the red dot was on the map and mark the other. Repeat that :)
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

TrueshotM wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:
So you draw an x on the spot where the red dot was and mark the other. Repeat that :)

Yes! Of course! I do it to mark rabbit warrens I run across and don't have the proper weapon with me....yet. :P

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
TrueshotM
Scout

Post by TrueshotM »

hmm I gotta do that on VDB when I'm hunting everything else but rabbits :) The draw feature never used to work for me so I never really got used to playing with it. Now that it works for me I have been forgetting all the perks it comes with and sometimes forget about it all together. Not anymore
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Jimbodaddy wrote:Well I think I won some thing for the 2016 event , The Trophy shows 7th place. I did manage to complete all the missions Including the one with the Pheasant w/22 air rifle.
I also got an entry in all the competitions , but did not make the top ten in any. Got 250000+ jolly points :lol:
Is there going to be Prizes awarded :?: Just not sure if I won something or not. :lol:
7th means that you made somewhere between 51st & 100th place, so should be camping supplies.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”