Status Update 11th November 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Re: Status Update 11th November 2016

Post by outrider »

caledonianblues wrote:
The wolf sounds like an exciting addition to the game. I'm relieved to hear that their behaviour isn't being based on that portrayed in The Grey. Making them aggressive would have been a step in the wrong direction, in my opinion. Looking forward to seeing and hunting them.

i agree, the wolves don't need to be aggressive . as i stated in another post, "theHunter seems to becoming theHunted"..aggressive animals ruin my nice, peaceful, relaxing hunting... :D
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Pupic
Hunter

Post by Pupic »

.......For one, whether they will come to any reserve other than Timbergold Trails. The answer is not in the beginning, but we are not excluding this as a possibility for reserves where it would make sense.
There are winter reserves where having wolf packs would make even more sense than having them on TT ( e.g. Hem & especially Wrr which is half map overpopulated with moose and the rest of it empty or almost empty with some few and far between snowshoe hares )
There are also issues that some players (with older hardware) are having with TT reserve - even if they are using mid-high sett. on all other maps. Making wolves and the features that come with them TT exclusive, would be a huge loss and disappointment for all those folks. (including me :D )
Have that in mind when making a decision.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

outrider wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:
The wolf sounds like an exciting addition to the game. I'm relieved to hear that their behaviour isn't being based on that portrayed in The Grey. Making them aggressive would have been a step in the wrong direction, in my opinion. Looking forward to seeing and hunting them.

i agree, the wolves don't need to be aggressive . as i stated in another post, "theHunter seems to becoming theHunted"..aggressive animals ruin my nice, peaceful, relaxing hunting... :D

What is wrong with you Guys?
So we don't get wolves like in "The Grey". Sounds like we gonna Get "Dancing With Wolves" instead.

And what excitement value is entailed here?
Another Coyote or Fox derivative. Squeak, wait and shoot.

But hey, maybe you can try sitting on a rock in the sun watching the social behavior of a wolf pack. Nice, peaceful, relaxing hunting? Come on ..
Try watching the National Geographic nature series.
David Attenborough has done animal families to death.

I can live with that provided the numbers are kept low enough to reflect the size of the reserve and it is appreciated that individual wolf packs do not interact in a peaceful way within their established territories.
Maybe we will see a good dog fight now and then.
On a reserve this size there is really only room for one pack of wolves. At most a North and a South pack of ten or twelve just to keep you wolf watchers happy.
Any more would be an unrealistic strain on the available food resources.( The unproportionately high numbers of bears adds to that problem already.)
Last edited by Alena Rybik on November 14th, 2016, 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed vulgar expression
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

geees Dan,.....don't take it so personal...... :D
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Would you like the Wolves to be an aggressive animal in the game?
Cast your vote here: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=76919
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

outrider wrote:geees Dan,.....don't take it so personal...... :D
I suppose it might seem personal, but its only attributed to myself.
It is not meant as a personal attack on anyone else.
Anyway, I feel much better after my little rant.

Im a highly trained killing machine, after 10,000 Utah Raptor kills on Primal ( now there's the real pack behavior we want ) I just feel bored to death with theHunter and its lack of personal challenge.
You can only get killed on the hunter if your stupid enough to get in the way of the so called dangerous animals.
E.W. has no one to blame but themselves for letting me loose on Primal Eden in the first place.

@ Ravenous fox.
Probably an exercise in Futility, but I did vote yes on that poll.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
phil1
Hunter

Post by phil1 »

DanthemanBoone wrote: Im a highly trained killing machine, after 10,000 Utah Raptor kills on Primal ( now there's the real pack behavior we want ) I just feel bored to death with theHunter and its lack of personal challenge.
At least we've got the Primal 'safe from attack rocks' in the Hunter now on TT. It means you'll be able to climb on them and shoot them without fear of dying, just like Raptors.
N4teF
Tracker

Post by N4teF »

I'm so thrilled to hear that wolves will not be aggressive towards hunters. This makes me very happy. I also am glad to hear that you'll be able to use a call to locate them/ call them in. I feel like the wolves are going to have probably the best AI in the game. Hopefully you'll be able to reflect that in the other animals as well. I hope that deer/elk/moose/bison/ect interact with each other on a much higher level as well. I would love to see the prey animals fear the predators in the game. You can watch a heard of elk be on edge and know that a bear is around... or when the wolves hollow the elk become more aware of their surroundings and are more easily spooked. I would also love to see a pack of wolves or a bear... coyote what have you chase down their prey. I would love it if bears were attracted to a kill. Like say you shot a moose or something and a bear smelled it from a far... and you had to be careful when coming into your kill. Like a dead animal sitting over a period of time would attract the predators and the smaller predators like say an Artic Fox would be wary of a polar bear/wolf. I'd love to see bucks chasing does around and bigger bucks/bulls pushing smaller ones away from their harem. (Deer Hunter 2004 had this feature and it was sick!). The AI could be greatly improved and I know this should probably go in the suggestion area but i think it's a great idea.
N4teF
Tracker

Post by N4teF »

I also don't get this said lag on TGT. I have a three year old basic dell laptop that I bought on QVC and can play on it just fine. Maybe it's your connection?
lisarob
Hunter

Post by lisarob »

great for the new behaviour, shame for the non aggression :( they SHOULD HAVE BEEN a bit aggressive, just for defence

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”