Status Update 3rd November 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
vsaet
Hunter

Re: Status Update 3rd November 2016

Post by vsaet »

Wolf is very protected animal more that polar bear. bad choice to introduce it here. protected animals must not only in real life must be in games to. Is a question of what we think about animal protection. How we feel about. Maybe your children tomorrow will see those animals only in picture.
mikeman1
Scout

Post by mikeman1 »

vsaet wrote:Wolf is very protected animal more that polar bear. bad choice to introduce it here. protected animals must not only in real life must be in games to. Is a question of what we think about animal protection. How we feel about. Maybe your children tomorrow will see those animals only in picture.
They're not protected everywhere. In my area they were protected for a while but they have become a nuisance again. So we are allowed to take 1 per season.
Code: Select all

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Wow, wolves! Nice update and addition to the species line-up.
Epona142 wrote:I do hope they're not going to be an aggressive animal.
I have to agree with this. I too hope they're not going to be aggressive. Looking forward to seeing them though.
scholargypsys

Post by scholargypsys »

I cant wait for them to add them to the game! lol yes i play thehunter ALOT!
Please Check Out My YouTube Channel. Thanks Click-> Image
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

vsaet wrote:Wolf is very protected animal more that polar bear. bad choice to introduce it here. protected animals must not only in real life must be in games to. Is a question of what we think about animal protection. How we feel about. Maybe your children tomorrow will see those animals only in picture.
The media and animal rights groups have led people to believe that wolves are endangered. The simple truth is they're not. Here in Michigan, we had a controlled hunt for a while, but the people who have absolutely no clue about how the real world works protested, so the hunt was not repeated. Now our deer and moose herd is really suffering. Guys have resorted to shooting them and calling them big coyotes, or simply going with the three S's: Shoot, shovel, shut up.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:
The media and animal rights groups have led people to believe that wolves are endangered. The simple truth is they're not. Here in Michigan, we had a controlled hunt for a while, but the people who have absolutely no clue about how the real world works protested, so the hunt was not repeated. Now our deer and moose herd is really suffering. Guys have resorted to shooting them and calling them big coyotes, or simply going with the three S's: Shoot, shovel, shut up.
It really depends on where you live. Here in Germany we have a lack of predators (which is one reason why hunters are so busy - the boar and deer population is going overboard). In the last few years the first wolves have slowly been coming back from Eastern Europe, but a lot of people are going crazy, some of them thinking that the walk in the forest with their children isn't safe any more. When I hear stuff like this, I try to imagine those people living in an area with bears... :lol: Of course, a lot of farmers and shepherds are going crazy too, just because there's one or two sheep killed by a wolf every three months - although they get a refund by our government if that happens.
And of course there's also single cases where a hunter "accidently" shoots a really big stray dog and then realized it maybe was a wolf... The work of local environmentalist groups - which seem to be so incredibly hated in here - is very important if the wolf is meant to be reintroduced to Germany!

So it depends on where you live. I'm not a big fan of hunting wolves in the game either, but those feelings probably stem from the specific situation here in Germany that I just described. Of course it's just a game and everyone who's been waiting for wolves should have his fun! :)
Image Image Image
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Thanks for this update Staff and Devs. wait for the wolves !!!
Sheldon
Spotter

Post by Sheldon »

The wolves is looking very good and the animation too! Good job! :D
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
InstinctiveArcher wrote:
It really depends on where you live. Here in Germany we have a lack of predators (which is one reason why hunters are so busy - the boar and deer population is going overboard). In the last few years the first wolves have slowly been coming back from Eastern Europe, but a lot of people are going crazy, some of them thinking that the walk in the forest with their children isn't safe any more. When I hear stuff like this, I try to imagine those people living in an area with bears... :lol: Of course, a lot of farmers and shepherds are going crazy too, just because there's one or two sheep killed by a wolf every three months - although they get a refund by our government if that happens.
And of course there's also single cases where a hunter "accidently" shoots a really big stray dog and then realized it maybe was a wolf... The work of local environmentalist groups - which seem to be so incredibly hated in here - is very important if the wolf is meant to be reintroduced to Germany!

So it depends on where you live. I'm not a big fan of hunting wolves in the game either, but those feelings probably stem from the specific situation here in Germany that I just described. Of course it's just a game and everyone who's been waiting for wolves should have his fun! :)
For sure. I was only speaking about here in the U.S., and more specifically Michigan. I'm not familiar with the wolf situation in other countries. I know that here in Michigan the DNR did some studies and released numbers around 800 to 900 wolves, with over 1000 not being unlikely. On the flip side, the anti hunters released numbers putting them around 500-600. Kind of ticks me off how the people who aren't affected, and who will never venture off the pavement, can shut down a hunt that is necessary to maintain a healthy ecosystem. Going to your bear comment, I have city-slicker cousins who come visit every summer. We took them berry picking and like usual, a bear came to check us out and then moved on. I thought they were going to die of a heart attack. :lol: When I kept picking berries and the bear passed 30 yards from me, they kept whispering really loudly that I was going to get killed if I didn't run. A) I'm not sure what the whispering accomplished. B) You don't ever run from a bear...EVER. :lol:
I agree with you, I'm not super excited about hunting wolves in the game. I guess I can't judge until I try it though.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

Great job on preparing the Gray Wolf. Looking forward to hearing the pack sounding off in the Timbergold Reserve. Also hope they will vary with several different combinations of fur and coloration. :D
Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”