Status Update 3rd November 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
xyl
Scout

Re: Status Update 3rd November 2016

Post by xyl »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:
InstinctiveArcher wrote: The media and animal rights groups have led people to believe that wolves are endangered. The simple truth is they're not. Here in Michigan, we had a controlled hunt for a while, but the people who have absolutely no clue about how the real world works protested, so the hunt was not repeated. Now our deer and moose herd is really suffering. Guys have resorted to shooting them and calling them big coyotes, or simply going with the three S's: Shoot, shovel, shut up.
It really depends on where you live. Here in Germany we have a lack of predators (which is one reason why hunters are so busy - the boar and deer population is going overboard). In the last few years the first wolves have slowly been coming back from Eastern Europe, but a lot of people are going crazy, some of them thinking that the walk in the forest with their children isn't safe any more. When I hear stuff like this, I try to imagine those people living in an area with bears... :lol: Of course, a lot of farmers and shepherds are going crazy too, just because there's one or two sheep killed by a wolf every three months - although they get a refund by our government if that happens.
And of course there's also single cases where a hunter "accidently" shoots a really big stray dog and then realized it maybe was a wolf... The work of local environmentalist groups - which seem to be so incredibly hated in here - is very important if the wolf is meant to be reintroduced to Germany!

So it depends on where you live. I'm not a big fan of hunting wolves in the game either, but those feelings probably stem from the specific situation here in Germany that I just described. Of course it's just a game and everyone who's been waiting for wolves should have his fun! :)
For sure. I was only speaking about here in the U.S., and more specifically Michigan. I'm not familiar with the wolf situation in other countries. I know that here in Michigan the DNR did some studies and released numbers around 800 to 900 wolves, with over 1000 not being unlikely. On the flip side, the anti hunters released numbers putting them around 500-600. Kind of ticks me off how the people who aren't affected, and who will never venture off the pavement, can shut down a hunt that is necessary to maintain a healthy ecosystem. Going to your bear comment, I have city-slicker cousins who come visit every summer. We took them berry picking and like usual, a bear came to check us out and then moved on. I thought they were going to die of a heart attack. :lol: When I kept picking berries and the bear passed 30 yards from me, they kept whispering really loudly that I was going to get killed if I didn't run. A) I'm not sure what the whispering accomplished. B) You don't ever run from a bear...EVER. :lol:
I agree with you, I'm not super excited about hunting wolves in the game. I guess I can't judge until I try it though.
I myself at this point am on the fence as far as hunting wolves in the game. The reason for this is that I support and sometimes volunteer time at the Lakota Wolf Preserve here in northwestern New Jersey. We are located on the border of a 70000 acre National park. I am glad they added the wolves to the game because it will add a value to hearing them howl. Every Monday at 7:00 PM the fire sirens go off for the firemens practice. They join in to compete I guess, as do my dogs. As far as bears go I've had as many as five at one time in my yard during a fourth of July picnic. People were crazy asking me what I was going to do. My reply was, "Nothing, I'm just going to sit here and watch them". Guess they figured it was picnic time for them as well. They eventually wandered off without incident. I am not an environmentalist by any means and am a hunter IRL. Good luck with the wolves, and I may decide to hunt them as well. When I was a kid in Vermont we had a blueberry field close to our cabin. One day my dog and me wandered off to pick blueberries. On one end of the field was me picking and the other side a momma bear with two cubs. Never bothered me or paid attention. Wildlife is a wonderful thing and misunderstood by many people. When managed properly they will be around for many years to come.
Peace
xyl :)
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:
vsaet wrote:Wolf is very protected animal more that polar bear. bad choice to introduce it here. protected animals must not only in real life must be in games to. Is a question of what we think about animal protection. How we feel about. Maybe your children tomorrow will see those animals only in picture.
The media and animal rights groups have led people to believe that wolves are endangered. The simple truth is they're not. Here in Michigan, we had a controlled hunt for a while, but the people who have absolutely no clue about how the real world works protested, so the hunt was not repeated. Now our deer and moose herd is really suffering. Guys have resorted to shooting them and calling them big coyotes, or simply going with the three S's: Shoot, shovel, shut up.
I understand that you speak about people not knowing about hunting. I am a real hunter from more than 40 years.I hunt from 13 years old. I stopped hunting 15 years ago because I saw how the hunting goes to the wrong direction. In my hunting life I always use some rules like to use only a side by side shotgun and never semi or automatic guns giving the animal one chance when I have 2 that is excessive but I don't like single shot shotguns. One more rule is never shot a standing animal.There are more other examples like not shooting in the water etc In France for example they has to introduce wolf from Croatia after they has destruct the total population.
All that I said is to demonstrate that I am not of a group that you describes.My attention is the preservation. And that starts by the education first in games that can be an instrument for that.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

vsaet wrote:
InstinctiveArcher wrote:
vsaet wrote:Wolf is very protected animal more that polar bear. bad choice to introduce it here. protected animals must not only in real life must be in games to. Is a question of what we think about animal protection. How we feel about. Maybe your children tomorrow will see those animals only in picture.
The media and animal rights groups have led people to believe that wolves are endangered. The simple truth is they're not. Here in Michigan, we had a controlled hunt for a while, but the people who have absolutely no clue about how the real world works protested, so the hunt was not repeated. Now our deer and moose herd is really suffering. Guys have resorted to shooting them and calling them big coyotes, or simply going with the three S's: Shoot, shovel, shut up.
One more rule is never shot a standing animal.
Sorry, I've heard this before but I can't see how it is more sportsman like to do this. All it does is increase your chances of making a poor shot and wounding the animal, not killing it. Shooting at running animals exponentially increases your odds of making a bad shot.
Anyways, we're getting off topic here, sorry.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Manu5Ahau
Scout

Post by Manu5Ahau »

Thx Devs for the update. The wolf looks great! I hope there will be an alfa male and female leading the pack. I also hope there will be pack behaviour and packprotection when cornered.

One more thing: Just put up a new hog feeder in Hirsch. It goes up 15% a day. Reached 90% and still growing. Will be a hundred procent feeder. Just one thing! No boars are attracted to it!

PLs Fix the hogfeeders!!!???
KCROWE
Tracker

Post by KCROWE »

Thanks for the update.... wolf animations look great!!!

JohnyAngelo
Scout

Post by JohnyAngelo »

Same here really. We have like few bears, few wolves, but I dont think ppl would do crazy. The most damage farmars usually recieve is from wild boars.
PardalAlgarve
Tracker

Post by PardalAlgarve »

Is the other ducks species coming to sales?
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

The Wolf Mountains -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLgRsqWKMYM (Slovak Movie)
disma777

Post by disma777 »

Wonderful scenery. It deserves to be higher quality look. Of course, the success Eraser_SK matter. In English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b7vXG8syeA

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”