Status Update 28th October 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Re: Status Update 28th October 2016

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Any news on the new bears?

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
wintergoose
Outfitter

Post by wintergoose »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Thanks for the update.

Phil, has anyone mentioned that you seriously cannot track in the long grass in TT? Especially if there is sunlight. If I'm stalking a Mule Deer or Bighorn in prone position, I have to STAND to search for the next track...duh...that spooks my prey. You cannot see the cones from certain angles in the long grass. Even when crouch walking. I have stalked Bighorn and just cannot find the next track without standing, and even then they are hard to see in certain light. I have gone through all of the colors, and none are better than another. The Elk bulls are tall enough that you can actually see the animal when it gets close, so not an issue.

Plus every slope in the mountains at TT leads to a grove of trees! The bighorn just runs down the hills in to the trees and disappears. Can't see a thing in the Val des Bois tangled up trees. Then, if I do find one in there, go prone to stalk, there are rocks at the base of the trees that I cannot get past without changing direction and thus losing sight of the next track....that I had to stand up to see...and the whole fleeing thing starts all over. Very frustrating.
That is what it is to hunt in high gras and in such terain. I love it and hope it stays as it is .
M0UNTAINMAN
Scout

Post by M0UNTAINMAN »

ElusiveShadow wrote:I hope there is a lot more work to be done on the Wolf to be honest...they look like a reskinned coyote. Coat is way too short, legs are too short, thick and stubby...

This is a Rocky Mountain Wolf.

Yes, absolutely agree. The legs need to be longer for sure. If you ever see a wolf in the woods, that's the first giveaway that it's not a coyote. Body could also use more mass and the coat should be longer.

The preview shows what would be more of a spring or summer coat, but in the fall they are putting on their longer, thicker winter coats.

Hopefully some fur variants are included too. Gray wolf is a bit of a misnomer because they come in many different colors. There are entire packs here in Northern Wisconsin that are all black, but you'll typically see gray, orange, black and white on one animal.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Shame the wolves didn't come earlier. Coulda been a werewolf Halloween :D
Sergeant_Cypress

Post by Sergeant_Cypress »

killertut wrote:you wanted to tell us in this status update what contextual help is, which you apparently forgot ;)
It's in there now! Don't know if they updated the post though. ; )
zmkraus

Post by zmkraus »

The wolf looks Great! Can wait to hunt them down.
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

As someone who never suggested wolves, I'm very excited how they will turn out.
I'm very happy with TT overall.

But one thing:
Could PLEASE any Dev comment on the White-Tailed-Ptarmigan behaviour. Right now the community thinks it is bugged. Because the birds don't duck and flush but flee when you approach them.
Yet the Ptarmigan behaviour is not shown as "in progress".
Flanker305
Trophy Hunter

Post by Flanker305 »

Although we got a few clear hints, this is the update I have been wishing for for a long time. Wolves.
I am extremely happy, please take your time to develop a unique experience of hunting them.
I am willing to wait an extra month if that makes the difference to get a bugfree new species.

Will they roam in groups? Yes probably, so will they hunt in groups?
Will they hunt us in groups? Will they attack?
Can we find shelter in staying at a campsite? Because the story goes that keep their distance from fires.

I am no wolf expert, so bear with me here. (Lol)

Anyway, thank you!
Mrmr123
Outfitter

Post by Mrmr123 »

I had weird thing happen last night, was following elk track everything was normal until it reached the border then it turned in again but then the tracks started showing increase in time, i am running following tracks and time keep increasing,,, like if the elk was traveling at the speed of light, i couldn't catch up to him and then tracks just disappeared! is this bug related to "Animals crossing the borders out of the reserve" or is it something totally new?
whiteonyx2
Tracker

Post by whiteonyx2 »

Thanks for the update, the Halloween mission...and the upcoming wolf.

Keep up the good work :D
Hunting is living my profile use to be "whiteonyx"

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”