Game Update 26th October 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
vsaet
Hunter

Re: Game Update 26th October 2016

Post by vsaet »

caledonianblues wrote:I think being in Stockholm, it's probably very easy for the developers to forget that not everyone has access to super fast connectivity. Here in Stockholm speeds in excess of 800 Mbps upstream and downstream are not uncommon, and such connections are relatively cheap. I suspect the concept of download limits also escapes the developers. So whilst those with slower and in some cases limited connections should be taken into consideration, I suspect it's probably something that doesn't even enter the minds of the developers when they release a patch. Downloading and installing the full game takes less than 5 minutes for me, most of the time, so it must be the same in the Expansive Worlds office.

The patching system absolutely needs to be fixed. Not everyone wants to use Steam, for a mix of reasons, and Steam also doesn't eliminate the problem for those on limited bandwidth connections. Updates should be streamlined to minimise download sizes, and the launcher should be improved to avoid corruptions and loops. It really is a priority in my opinion, since it comes into play so often, most of the time with many people being affected, frustrated and perhaps convinced to ditch the game.

Hopefully this is something the developers are working on following the recent patching fiasco.
Thanks to take in consideration our problem. I not need steam I never needed all these years I am here playing (December 21 2009) Is almost 7 years and I wand to believe that I will stay longer even if sometime I am frustrated from the EW politics!
Last edited by vsaet on October 31st, 2016, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

caledonianblues wrote:I think being in Stockholm, it's probably very easy for the developers to forget that not everyone has access to super fast connectivity. Here in Stockholm speeds in excess of 800 Mbps upstream and downstream are not uncommon, and such connections are relatively cheap. I suspect the concept of download limits also escapes the developers. So whilst those with slower and in some cases limited connections should be taken into consideration, I suspect it's probably something that doesn't even enter the minds of the developers when they release a patch. Downloading and installing the full game takes less than 5 minutes for me, most of the time, so it must be the same in the Expansive Worlds office.

The patching system absolutely needs to be fixed. Not everyone wants to use Steam, for a mix of reasons, and Steam also doesn't eliminate the problem for those on limited bandwidth connections. Updates should be streamlined to minimise download sizes, and the launcher should be improved to avoid corruptions and loops. It really is a priority in my opinion, since it comes into play so often, most of the time with many people being affected, frustrated and perhaps convinced to ditch the game.

Hopefully this is something the developers are working on following the recent patching fiasco.
It appears they are working on a solution. http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=76708

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
GetRight
Spotter

Post by GetRight »

Philipp Strecker wrote:Discussion about these changes.

A couple of things to note about today's update:

We fixed the crash of coming to close to the borders of Timbergold Trails, seeing pink textures.
However the HunterMate map is not updated yet. This will be fixed very soon. Borders might be slightly incorrect between game world and huntermate map.

We had tested our fixes for a new launcher but patching this to live is giving us more trouble than anticipated.
We reverted to an older launcher version while keeping the other fixes and will roll out once more very soon.

You never know what is going to happen in game development, but we are working to fix it ;)

Thanks!
You didn't fix anything, Just happened to me in SW area. Pink textures then stopped responding.
Code: Select all
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

What's the thing with Tree Stand on TTG? you found a VERY GOOD SPOT AND TREE for instal but the game does not let you install it and whe you choose the right next close tree that has awfull view FULL of Branches the game PERMIT the TS in that spot, EW is that purposely so you have to buy Tower or Tripods? !!? instead of use Tree Stand?! I have found a lot, plenty of very good Trees on TTG but sadly NONE of the good trees with good view without branchs to interfere where allowed to install Tree Stand but all the trees around full of branches where you don't have clean view even bellow yes!.

Please fix that, I spend em$ before TTG where launched and Tree Stand where on sale and bought 7 Trees Stand preparing for new Reserve now I feel very cheated, beacuse i cannot use them, really?? what kind of play or bussines is that.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

mapache01 wrote:What's the thing with Tree Stand on TTG? you found a VERY GOOD SPOT AND TREE for instal but the game does not let you install it and whe you choose the right next close tree that has awfull view FULL of Branches the game PERMIT the TS in that spot, EW is that purposely so you have to buy Tower or Tripods? !!? instead of use Tree Stand?! I have found a lot, plenty of very good Trees on TTG but sadly NONE of the good trees with good view without branchs to interfere where allowed to install Tree Stand but all the trees around full of branches where you don't have clean view even bellow yes!.

Please fix that, I spend em$ before TTG where launched and Tree Stand where on sale and bought 7 Trees Stand preparing for new Reserve now I feel very cheated, beacuse i cannot use them, really?? what kind of play or bussines is that.
I'm with you...same problem. The nice tall trees with high branches are "cannot place tree stand here", and the short bushy ones with no view are good. Also, on the release day (I think) tents were on sale, so I bought a bunch for TT. Then I discover I have to run around in a 300 meter circle before I can find a spot to put a tent. The places I find that will accept a tent are crap. The good spots...red tent...no go.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Treedweller
Tracker

Post by Treedweller »

mapache01 wrote:What's the thing with Tree Stand on TTG? you found a VERY GOOD SPOT AND TREE for instal but the game does not let you install it and whe you choose the right next close tree that has awfull view FULL of Branches the game PERMIT the TS in that spot, EW is that purposely so you have to buy Tower or Tripods? !!? instead of use Tree Stand?! I have found a lot, plenty of very good Trees on TTG but sadly NONE of the good trees with good view without branchs to interfere where allowed to install Tree Stand but all the trees around full of branches where you don't have clean view even bellow yes!.

Don't get high expectations from tripods either, because it's about the same thing. There are plenty of good spots where you cannot deploy them. I can understand that you can't deploy them on steep slopes, but I have no clue why they can't be deployed on slightly uneven terrain. Isn't that the reason they have adjustable legs, so that they could be used on uneven terrain? As it is now you have to try around for tens of meters, until you are allowed to install the tripod in a place without visibility or so far of the good spots that there is no reason to install it there any more.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Did you turn down the clopping sound when walking on TT rocks? Sounds better somehow. It still sounds weird though when crawling makes the exact same noise, just slower.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”