Game & Status Updates 19th October 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
therisths
Hunter

Re: Game & Status Updates 19th October 2016

Post by therisths »

Although its a beautifull reserve , i still cant get the point of releasing such a huge reserve compared to animal population. It seems like devs dont even checked the map ,just released it and the only reason i can find is that they wanted to sell tents and towers. For me playing 2-3,5h travelling average 11km per hunt, harvesting (tryhard) at least 30 animals is way to much time, while playing in any of the other reserves i can get 30 animals in 1,5h max.Clearly new reserve needs animals population to be increased , if i remember correctly its a 200animals spawn population in every session host, it cant be the same in such a huge reserve (based on logic), otherwise there is no point of such a huge reserve to be existed. If there is nothing EW can do ,at least decrease the bighorn and ptarmigant harvest achievements to 250-500 max.
Corsaire31
Tracker

Post by Corsaire31 »

30 animals in 1.5 hour ? One every 3 minutes... That's not hunting, more like shooting fish in a barrel ! :lol:
Virtual pilot - virtual angler - virtual hunter ... real slacker !

Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

In RL i hunt 4-5 hours and mostly i get nothing :) But who want simulator? :)
Corsaire31
Tracker

Post by Corsaire31 »

Eraser_SK wrote:In RL i hunt 4-5 hours and mostly i get nothing :) But who want simulator? :)
Nobody I guess, but there must be a middle point. Isn't this supposed to be the most realistic hunting game ? :)

Otherwise, you only need to make a big shooting range with trees around and have live animals cross in front of you every two minutes. :lol:

therisths
Hunter

Post by therisths »

Corsaire31 wrote:30 animals in 1.5 hour ? One every 3 minutes... That's not hunting, more like shooting fish in a barrel ! :lol:

i know its not realistic but its a good comparison with other reserve's animal spawn and in game hunt.
Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

Would it be a good idea to change the Rocky Mountain Elk to a migrating species, like the reindeers on hemmeldal, but with bigger herds?

Maybe the empty spaces are getting reduced when the Elks wander around everywhere?

MfG L.E.

waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

therisths wrote:Although its a beautifull reserve , i still cant get the point of releasing such a huge reserve compared to animal population. It seems like devs dont even checked the map ,just released it and the only reason i can find is that they wanted to sell tents and towers. For me playing 2-3,5h travelling average 11km per hunt, harvesting (tryhard) at least 30 animals is way to much time, while playing in any of the other reserves i can get 30 animals in 1,5h max.Clearly new reserve needs animals population to be increased , if i remember correctly its a 200animals spawn population in every session host, it cant be the same in such a huge reserve (based on logic), otherwise there is no point of such a huge reserve to be existed. If there is nothing EW can do ,at least decrease the bighorn and ptarmigant harvest achievements to 250-500 max.
ive done 2 hunts, had no problems finding plenty of stuff to shoot at
Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

2 new patches?!

Thanks for the warning..

MfG L.E.

Corsaire31
Tracker

Post by Corsaire31 »

Just have been patched by Steam as well.

Misstik
Hunter

Post by Misstik »

Dev, what is the update please?

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”