Game & Status Updates 19th October 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Game & Status Updates 19th October 2016

Post by Tanngnjostr »

therisths wrote:Clearly new reserve needs animals population to be increased , if i remember correctly its a 200animals spawn population in every session host, it cant be the same in such a huge reserve (based on logic), otherwise there is no point of such a huge reserve to be existed. If there is nothing EW can do ,at least decrease the bighorn and ptarmigant harvest achievements to 250-500 max.
AFAIK, the 200 animal population was for the oldest reserves and even RFF already has a slightly higher number due to its size. I would have expected that WRR and TT have significantly higher spawn numbers, but obviously - judging from what I read in the forum in the last few days - the new reserve needs some increase and fine tuning which will hopefully happen in the near future.
Image Image Image
therisths
Hunter

Post by therisths »

waiora wrote:ive done 2 hunts, had no problems finding plenty of stuff to shoot at
Are you kiddin me ? :D You travelled about 10km in 1,5h and harvested only 8 animals.Comparing it with other maps... ;)
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

therisths wrote:
waiora wrote:ive done 2 hunts, had no problems finding plenty of stuff to shoot at
Are you kiddin me ? :D You travelled about 10km in 1,5h and harvested only 8 animals.Comparing it with other maps... ;)
I was in game with 2 other people and we shared animals, and half the time was spent looking at stuff like the cabins and fire tower
Corsaire31
Tracker

Post by Corsaire31 »

therisths wrote:
Yesterday I hunted 2 hours in Hemmeldal for 6.5 km and was happy to harvest 5 ( 1 roe buck and 4 reindeers ) . Of course I spotted many more ( incl. quite a few female moose but no male ? ) but we don't all shoot at anything that moves ( I'm mostly looking for trophies and improving my best score ).

So you cannot compare from one player to another as we can play the game very differently. Some use towers, tree stands, blinds, barrels and feeders, tents all over the place, others ( incl. myself ) don't and make mostly stalking hunts.

But may be I'm just nuts ! :lol:

PS : to travel 10km in 1.5 hours you must be walking upright a lot of the time or even running at times ?
Virtual pilot - virtual angler - virtual hunter ... real slacker !

therisths
Hunter

Post by therisths »

Corsaire31 wrote: PS : to travel 10km in 1.5 hours you must be walking upright a lot of the time or even running at times ?
Both , after you take a shot everything in a radius of at least 200m got spooked so its ok to run.You may need to run over a hill. For example i dont mind shooting while running. It up to you.
Corsaire31
Tracker

Post by Corsaire31 »

Except that when you run these 200m you have a good chance to make them flee again farther ( same when you are tracking a wounded animal ). But as you say it's up to each one of us to play the game the way he likes it. :)

My point was only to say you cannot judge the ratio " number of harvested animals per hunting hour " from one player to another.
Virtual pilot - virtual angler - virtual hunter ... real slacker !

Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

My kill rate on TgT is lower than on WRR but higher than on SC for example.
I find the popluation not problematic. White tailed ptarmigans are the exception. I know were to find one flock. That one I can spawnmesh, but after that not so many.
I will wait for their behaviour to be corrected first before taking a closer look at them.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

i haven't read all the posts in this thread. so i just thought i would just ask and save me some time. :o

has anyone noticed that the name of the new map is misspelled on the game site. the page with all the map names. under the "Start Game" button...instead of 'Trails' it has 'Trial".. someone needs to fire the proof reader....... :lol:
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Roger_Mellie

Post by Roger_Mellie »

outrider wrote:i haven't read all the posts in this thread. so i just thought i would just ask and save me some time. :o

has anyone noticed that the name of the new map is misspelled on the game site. the page with all the map names. under the "Start Game" button...instead of 'Trails' it has 'Trial".. someone needs to fire the proof reader....... :lol:
It's been like that since it was launched, so yes the devs have been made aware many times already! But thank you :-)

Anyway could have been worse - want to hunt on Wipegrime Fridge with me? ;-)

There are some who call me..... Simon. In game: Alf_Tupper
tbug
Outfitter

Post by tbug »

Roger_Mellie wrote:
outrider wrote:i haven't read all the posts in this thread. so i just thought i would just ask and save me some time. :o

It's been like that since it was launched, so yes the devs have been made aware many times already! But thank you :-)

Anyway could have been worse - want to hunt on Wipegrime Fridge with me? ;-)
Only if you go goose hunting with me in Harschfarten.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”