Game & Status Updates 19th October 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
saldas1983
Hunter

Re: Game & Status Updates 19th October 2016

Post by saldas1983 »

Ok I give up on Steam debate. I should know by now that the ones not using it is most stubborn people so to debate something would be extremely difficult. You proved it Pupic. Good luck to you downloading, uninstalling, redownloading the game in the future.
I've tried a new reserve. And oh boy it looks good. Very good.
Skybird
Hunter

Post by Skybird »

Some people care about data or privacy protection, others don't, and some do not care before evil has hit them.

Some people care for depending on needless external, additional instances, others do not care and think they are immune to getting struck by unwanted events, and others learn once evil has hit them.

Some understand the difference between owning a bought item and thus having it as their property they can use and resell as they like, and digital "sale" models that leave you with not owning anything, but depending on external factors beyond your control. Some do not understand it.

Thats why some people like Steam, and some do not like it.

Personally, I keep Steam limited to occasions where I really want something but cannot avoid Steam. I consider it to be the wise choice not to depend on Steam more than is unavoidably necessary.

---

The reserve looks great, eaisly one of the most beautiful there are, but there are some issues with water sounds not being played, and some more. It was said they are working on solving some issues. I wonder why it was released this early then. Personally, if I were producing something, i would not release products of which I know they have issues. Patching - manually, not via Steam - went once again the rocky way and lasted long and with many interruptions, but it seems this is part of their business model since years now, they will not win prizes anymore for their patching algorithms.

Beautiful reserve, slightly premature release, patching worked - but not without problems once again.
hours: >960 / Hunter Score: >8400
Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

Sorry for posting in the "steam topic", but there are 3 things that I really dislike about TGT.

1. This map needs a higher animal render distance. It feels so stupid seeing those fantastic landscapes only to realise that everything is so far away you won't see any animals there.

2. TGT really needs the introduction of (long time overdue) "upright stalking"! Do we really have to crouch walk all the time, seeing nothing through the thick grass, to get a chance of not spooking the animals? How about a "crouch walk day" at the EW Office! Everyone has to crouch walk all day long!

3. Do something about the ptarmigans. You hear them few meters in front of you, but you see nothing in the thick grass. Then they spook or wandering around two hundret meters away.

MfG L.E.

InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I just ended a hunt on Timbergold. I stalked right up to a herd of bighorns and dropped a ram with my recurve. Suddenly another ram gets up and he was huge! I raised my bow and drilled him. Suddenly both rams hung suspended about a foot off the ground, then levitated up a few hundred feet. Meanwhile the ewes just stood there in awe of the spectacle, then teleported away to do whatever bighorns do. :roll:

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
RogerYar
Tracker

Post by RogerYar »

therisths wrote:
RogerYar wrote:I see the debate continue. I dare to repeat how I solved the problem without using Steam
1. Uninstall the game
2. Download the game
3. Install the game
4. Enjoy
Yes , it solves the problem until next week's update and so on...
It happens sometimes. Before the release of the new location, I was updated without problems
Roger_Mellie

Post by Roger_Mellie »

Oswald74 wrote:Sorry for posting in the "steam topic", but there are 3 things that I really dislike about TGT.

1. This map needs a higher animal render distance. It feels so stupid seeing those fantastic landscapes only to realise that everything is so far away you won't see any animals there.

2. TGT really needs the introduction of (long time overdue) "upright stalking"! Do we really have to crouch walk all the time, seeing nothing through the thick grass, to get a chance of not spooking the animals? How about a "crouch walk day" at the EW Office! Everyone has to crouch walk all day long!

3. Do something about the ptarmigans. You hear them few meters in front of you, but you see nothing in the thick grass. Then they spook or wandering around two hundret meters away.

MfG L.E.

1 - yes to this and on all other reserves (but will it not need a new engine?)
2 - yes to this; my solution is that your mouse wheel is your throttle, and you can set your speed independent of your stance. Obviously crouch or prone top speeds will be low comapred to upright speeds
3 - I'd love the third Ptarmigan species to fit in with the first two

Now what's all this about Steam? ;-)

There are some who call me..... Simon. In game: Alf_Tupper
Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

That mouse wheel function would be a dream, but I would be satisfied with "crouch speed/noise" and "walking visibility" while stalking upright.

About the animal render distance. We all know about the higher cpu usage when more animals are in sight, the devs told us more than one time.

If that impact is really that big, maybe the animal render distance can be higher only when looking through binoculars/scopes.

It would be very challenging that you could only spot/shoot them with binocs/scopes beyond 225m.

But we need some programmer here to tell us, what is possible and what not.

MfG L.E.

Misstik
Hunter

Post by Misstik »

I like the new reserve, but I'm disapointed about bighorn sheep, before the release I was excited "omg it will be my favorite species of the game" but now I can tell it's really not, I walk Km an Km without seeing one, no tracks... just boring, their are many many elks, deers and grizzlis, maybe dev please you could remove some of them and add sheeps? Please do something, thanks.
DanielRN
Hunter

Post by DanielRN »

Misstik wrote:... maybe dev please you could remove some of them and add sheeps? Please do something, thanks.
If they remove some animals from the reserve, they might as well add some slides and swings and change the reserve name to Timbergold Recreation Park. Then at least we would know better not to carry any weapons in there at all.

The reserve is certainly in dire need of some serious spawn adjustment. The animal distribution on the center of the map is actually pretty alright to me, but the whole north/north-west/west and the high east/south-east areas feel absolutely barren. They need to add and increase sheep spawns in multiple locations on the map.

And before I forget, the southern part of the map needs to get fixed as well:
Spoiler:

Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

Ok Guys you can find plenty of sheep:
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/prin ... n/66252389

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”