Game & Status Updates 19th October 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
DanielRN
Hunter

Re: Game & Status Updates 19th October 2016

Post by DanielRN »

Pupic wrote: And why should he do that? Isn't this a place to discuss the latest game update - and obviously great number of players cant even get it on their computers.
It is, and their problem could be simply resolved by using steam application, yet they do not 'Like' to use it.
Pupic wrote:I know you have more important things to discuss here....like how hairy is the grizzly and what kind of beautiful trees grow on new reserve so don`t let the trivial things like broken game launcher (pih... that little thing that delivers the game) ruin your forum experience.
Of course those topics are way more interesting that reading stubborn people whining on the forum every day, refusing another solution to their problems just because they do not 'Like' it.
Pupic wrote:I apologize on behalf of all of us whiners for being so inconsiderate and grueling. :cry:
Not easy to be honest, but accepted.
Pupic wrote:ps.
DanielRN wrote:Please do send a support ticket, open a bug report or something next time and ask developers to fix the launcher asap. Thank you so much.
I just realized how stupid we are that no one didn`t think about the simplest solution in the world.
Everyone has the right to be stupid, as long as they're not abusing the privilege. But… I always believe in second chances. As for the simplest solution… Comparing how simple it is to whine on every single thread on the forum? No It's a lot harder actually.

(On a serious note here, it was pure sarcasm pupic. We all know sending support ticket or opening bug reports won't resolve this lingering issue. The traditional launcher is not going to get any better, I guarantee you this.)
Pupic wrote:My god, all this time we are screaming bloody murder - while all we had to do is "ask developers to fix the launcher".
Yeah, either that or switch to steam and stop 'screaming' of course.
Pupic wrote:Thank You sir!
You are very welcome.
Pupic wrote::) honestly, even if im being a bit sarcastic i am really staying positive about this whole thing, its just interesting how the part of community that went thru this update without any hiccups (this time) don`t give a c..p about the rest of the players that have problems - and even acting like we are some kind of spammers and invaders on their precious personal forum space.... :D Awesome.
My god! Then what in the hell are we doing here? Do you think we got paid to promote steam? We are giving you an-already-present alternative way to fix your problems and get you back on the game. In my opinion, making the web launcher was one of the biggest mistakes EW could've made, and there is nothing to be done about it now. That launcher will never get as reliable as steam downloader that is already available today, ever. I promise you this. You are just wasting your time that I doubt even be compensated by the simplest of official apologies. Go get the steam and play the game, the reserve is absolutely stunning and your stubbornness is doing you nothing but to ruin your own fun.

I'm absolutely done here.
Pupic
Hunter

Post by Pupic »

saldas1983 wrote:How about this real life analogy?
I would like to hear one....but the one that actually has something in common with this situation.
By the way you describe it it looks like we are going somewhere, but its not true.......the party is in our house and we somehow end up being outside hoping that someone will fix the stuck doors........in the meantime you jumped the fence, got in trough the backyard, and don`t give a rats ass about the rest of us as long as you`re having fun.

Lets not make this stupid analogies any more, how about that. ;)
The game has a serious problem - one of the game main features is not working, or not working randomly (hell, this update was my first real problem with launcher during the 7 years here).

and.....
L3M182 wrote:the launcher has forever been broken. and its as likely to get dropped completely as it has to get fixed. a time frame from in the next 10 mins to the next 10 years is on either or the 2.

the bottom line is simply you either hate steam more than you hate not playing the hunter due to web launcher failure or you dont. stop hijacking every status and game update. its derailing and borderline spam at this point.
Nope.....quite the opposite, no one is hijacking anything - if every game update resurrects the same old problem then people have every right to complain all over again. On the other hand......even tho no official statement or instruction was addressed toward the players - you and many others keep advertising third-party software (Steam, © 2016 Valve Corporation. All rights reserved.) from one post to another, even if it is clearly stated from the players (the one that are reporting problems) that they dont want to use mentioned third-party software.
In my dictionary you are spamming. (and i don`t mind at all, like i mentioned you kinda helped ;) )

again.....this is theHunter Game, theHunter Forum, discussing theHunter Game update .....and the issues with theHunter Launcher. And i have yet to see anything that even remotely has anything to do with Steam.
Pupic
Hunter

Post by Pupic »

DanielRN wrote:That launcher will never get as reliable as steam downloader that is already available today, ever. I promise you this. You are just wasting your time that I doubt even be compensated by the simplest of official apologies..
This is pretty sad..... because its clear that while the some of us are still hoping that devs. still have what it takes to finally fix this mess, the Steam `advocates` are pretty sure in their incompetence and lack of customer care...... (its basically a point of every post i read lately)...
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

try to help people and they get all uptight and have an attitude. whats that all about?.

if you have a problem and you dont like our solution dont use it. But dont bang on about it every time the problem occurs. switching to steam is quick and easy, fixing the web launcher obviously isnt or it woulda been done way years ago when it was the only option and probably a massive priority.

do a tiny bit of work and stop demanding someone in Sweden does a hell of a lot becasue you're to scare/lazy/stubborn. i dont care if you're a paying customer, i am too and id rather the devs spent there time on problems that dont have a simple immediate fix already.
Pupic
Hunter

Post by Pupic »

L3M182 wrote:try to help people and they get all uptight and have an attitude. whats that all about?.
if you have a problem and you dont like our solution dont use it....
Expecting something to work is a real issue here?
You seem to not understand why we have 2.... an official launcher vs steam launcher option. Its because some of us don`t want to use Steam. (some don`t want to use Facebook, someone doesn't like beer :shock: and some people just dont eat meat no matter how hard you try to convince them that its so tasty and great)
Right now. the option that suits you (Steam) is working - and the option that suits me is not (so i ask some insight and maybe a solution from devs.)
And only thing i get, is you riding my back :D

(and please lets not make a fight out of this, i am really not even a slightest spiteful toward the Steam users, and quite happy that you and others can play the game trough the app. you like - which i would like for myself also )
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I tried what you did, Pupic. I could not take the 'game' folder from Steam and just replace the tH 'game' folder. Why? Because my 'game' folder from Steam was named 'games, and it had a whole bunch of stuff in it that had nothing to do with tH.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Corsaire31
Tracker

Post by Corsaire31 »

theHunter folder is like every Steam game in Steam\Steamapps\Common on the disk or partition where you installed Steam.
Virtual pilot - virtual angler - virtual hunter ... real slacker !

DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

I would like them to do away with the current launcher, unfortunately then the game would no longer be available to play on Steam so I guess that isn't going to happen.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
RogerYar
Tracker

Post by RogerYar »

I see the debate continue. I dare to repeat how I solved the problem without using Steam
1. Uninstall the game
2. Download the game
3. Install the game
4. Enjoy
therisths
Hunter

Post by therisths »

RogerYar wrote:I see the debate continue. I dare to repeat how I solved the problem without using Steam
1. Uninstall the game
2. Download the game
3. Install the game
4. Enjoy
Yes , it solves the problem until next week's update and so on...

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”