Status Update 13th October 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Welsch
Outfitter

Re: Status Update 13th October 2016

Post by Welsch »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Why not leave the cows out completely? They're a nuisance anyway... ;)
I could live with that :D
Claude
Tracker

Post by Claude »

I would like to see deffinitively a mountain lion! Bobcat or wolfes alternatively..but we havent any felines actually..so.....!
decoy13
Hunter

Post by decoy13 »

caledonianblues wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:I see all of these comments about "the video". I went to your YouTube channel, and there is no new video. I finally read the actual update, instead of the comments here, and saw the link. I was able to access the video from the status update, but it's still not on your channel..??
The video is on Pratze's channel since it was him that created the video.

It was a really great video Pratze, looking forward to the stream. The reserve looks fantastic too, and I love the Rocky Mountain elk. I'd be hard pushed to pick a favourite. Probably the grizzly bear since it's such a transformation in comparison to the original brown and black bears, but the sheep look pretty cool too. I would also like to see wolves or mountain lions, but I have doubts as to whether the latter is plausible. Either would be good though.
May I ask why you have doubts as to whether mountain lion is plausible? IRL it's all over the place in the Rockies. Is your reservation related to potential implementation problems in the game?
EndPin
Scout

Post by EndPin »

Don't have a favorite animal at the moment, but would REALLY like to see some kind of cat in the new reserve.

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

For all of those asking for tweaks on the Elk, Big Horn, and Grizzly based on your experiences IRL or otherwise, it's highly unlikely that will happen. What you see is what you're going to get. Keep in mind, the pre-release live stream is next Tuesday, and EW doesn't work on weekends. They historically release a new reserve very quickly after a live stream showing. Just my opinion.

Also, the live stream is 19:00 CEST, but time in the US in on Daylight Savings until Nov 6. Just keep that in mind. I saw someone post a US time in EST, which would be incorrect.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

EndPin wrote:Don't have a favorite animal at the moment, but would REALLY like to see some kind of cat in the new reserve.
Yeah, would love to change my avatar to this (it's not a hint):

jeff1963
Hunter

Post by jeff1963 »

It would be interesting to see what a Cat species would like in TheHunter, a lot of fluid physical movement in Felines. Sounds difficult. ;-)
Thanks, ~Jeff

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

decoy13 wrote:May I ask why you have doubts as to whether mountain lion is plausible? IRL it's all over the place in the Rockies. Is your reservation related to potential implementation problems in the game?
I agree that it would be a fitting species for the environment and the reserve, and whilst I think the artists and animators are talented enough and more than capable, I just don't think Expansive Worlds would be prepared to invest the time and effort to accomplish a convincing feline. Sure, some might argue that they wouldn't need to be able to climb trees, or jump onto rocks and drape themselves over them, but I think it would be immersion-breaking to have them just wandering around without any environmental interaction.

Plus ...
Jeff1963 wrote:It would be interesting to see what a Cat species would like in TheHunter, a lot of fluid physical movement in Felines. Sounds difficult.
Fluid physical movement would be essential and I think they would be far more complex to animate than any other species we have already. I think the time involved to implement a feline would far exceed that of any other species, and I'm just not convinced Expansive Worlds would sign off on it. I hope I'm wrong though, as I would love to see them in the game.
decoy13
Hunter

Post by decoy13 »

caledonianblues wrote:
decoy13 wrote:May I ask why you have doubts as to whether mountain lion is plausible? IRL it's all over the place in the Rockies. Is your reservation related to potential implementation problems in the game?
I agree that it would be a fitting species for the environment and the reserve, and whilst I think the artists and animators are talented enough and more than capable, I just don't think Expansive Worlds would be prepared to invest the time and effort to accomplish a convincing feline. Sure, some might argue that they wouldn't need to be able to climb trees, or jump onto rocks and drape themselves over them, but I think it would be immersion-breaking to have them just wandering around without any environmental interaction.

Plus ...
Jeff1963 wrote:It would be interesting to see what a Cat species would like in TheHunter, a lot of fluid physical movement in Felines. Sounds difficult.
Fluid physical movement would be essential and I think they would be far more complex to animate than any other species we have already. I think the time involved to implement a feline would far exceed that of any other species, and I'm just not convinced Expansive Worlds would sign off on it. I hope I'm wrong though, as I would love to see them in the game.
I agree with you on these arguments. But at the same time, right now in the game it's already possible for players to climb some boulders and some angled trees. Cliff climbing was implemented in VDB. Possibly these features could be used and applied to model feline behavior. Ibex is already roaming high slopes that players can't reach. I just wish EW could surprise us again with the integration of such a spectacular animal as the cougar.
gunrangejohn
Outfitter

Post by gunrangejohn »

wolves 100 percent

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”