Small update from Alena

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Re: Small update from Alena

Post by baloo.the.dog »

darn :( :cry:
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
Inzen
Spotter

Post by Inzen »

Alena Rybik wrote:Hi all, time for another small update. First of all, thank you so much for everything you shared here, it means so, so incredibly much. I actually wanted to send everyone who made a post here a private message before I leave, but as life would have it, things change. Without going too much into details, I've received an offer to stay working on theHunter in the role of a producer and I've accepted it. So, cancel all good-byes for now ;)

I am really humbled and thrilled with this opportunity, as I love and care for this game and community immensely and I am looking forward to steering the theHunter ship, together with our fantastic team, through choppy waters and calm seas, and I hope we have your support in this, hopefully for years to come!

Long Live theHunter! <3
Wow, this great news for the whole community! I am sure you will do good good things for this game moving forward. Congratulations on your promotion, you deserve it.
nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

Yaaay :) haven't been active lately but this is surely great news. Producer should certainly be fun
Yansko
Tracker

Post by Yansko »

Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

That is wonderful news, not only for theHunter the game and its' future, but for all of us out here who have seen and experienced the work and assistance that you have provided and shared with all of us!
So very glad to here you are staying with us.
Thank you Alena! :D
Spoiler:
Flanker305
Trophy Hunter

Post by Flanker305 »

Alena Rybik wrote:Hi all, time for another small update. First of all, thank you so much for everything you shared here, it means so, so incredibly much. I actually wanted to send everyone who made a post here a private message before I leave, but as life would have it, things change. Without going too much into details, I've received an offer to stay working on theHunter in the role of a producer and I've accepted it. So, cancel all good-byes for now ;)

I am really humbled and thrilled with this opportunity, as I love and care for this game and community immensely and I am looking forward to steering the theHunter ship, together with our fantastic team, through choppy waters and calm seas, and I hope we have your support in this, hopefully for years to come!

Long Live theHunter! <3

Great news. Glad you stay!!
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Congrats on staying, but I have a question. What role does the producer play in this situation?
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

DHRifleman wrote:Congrats on staying, but I have a question. What role does the producer play in this situation?
Boss...Big Kahuna....The man. :ugeek:
Personal Bests...
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Fletchette wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:Congrats on staying, but I have a question. What role does the producer play in this situation?
Maybe I didn't phrase it correctly, How about, what do they do, and what impact on the game does it have?
You know like game designer comes up with what they want in the game, coders try and figure out how to do that. Animator, well animate, artists create the graphics, sound person records the sounds, etc.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

DHRifleman wrote:
Fletchette wrote:
Maybe I didn't phrase it correctly, How about, what do they do, and what impact on the game does it have?
You know like game designer comes up with what they want in the game, coders try and figure out how to do that. Animator, well animate, artists create the graphics, sound person records the sounds, etc.
None of the above or all of the above, depending on how you want to look at it....The producer is management. They "oversee". They are responsible for outcomes, not performing the details. They make decisions, and oversee the staff that does the actual work. I'm sure she will be instrumental in deciding what to work on, and what takes priority, but not the actual implementation.

I'm assuming that they take their titles from the entertainment industry (TV, movies, radio). The producer is the boss, but doesn't usually do the acting, writing, directing, etc., themselves. They are the "behind the scenes" management that keeps the whole thing on track and on budget.
Personal Bests...

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”