The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Re: Small update from Alena

Post by Alena Rybik »

DHRifleman wrote:
Fletchette wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:Congrats on staying, but I have a question. What role does the producer play in this situation?
Boss...Big Kahuna....The man. :ugeek:
Maybe I didn't phrase it correctly, How about, what do they do, and what impact on the game does it have?
You know like game designer comes up with what they want in the game, coders try and figure out how to do that. Animator, well animate, artists create the graphics, sound person records the sounds, etc.
Usually a game development producer oversees and project manages the production of a game (or, if a game is very big, say Mad Max, oversees and manages parts of the production, such as concept art, sound, narrative design etc.), making sure that all the bits of organization puzzle are working together, that animators have things to animate, coders have to stuff to code, artists know what and how to create etc. and that no one is wasting time.

Producer at theHunter is also a product owner, which means that they are responsible for the development roadmap, budget, business model and similar strategic decisions of a larger scale.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Alena Rybik wrote: Producer at theHunter is also a product owner, which means that they are responsible for the development roadmap, budget, business model and similar strategic decisions of a larger scale.
Oh, and the producer works on Sunday evenings !!!!.... :lol:
Personal Bests...
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Good news! Congratulations. Glad we'll still have you around. Here's your new uniform...

It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Will we still be getting a new community manager, or are you going to stick around? Will being a producer affect your time that you're on the forum? Congrats on your new position! :D

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
mikeman1
Scout

Post by mikeman1 »

That's awesome Alena! Keep 'em in line!
Code: Select all

Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:Will we still be getting a new community manager, or are you going to stick around? Will being a producer affect your time that you're on the forum? Congrats on your new position! :D
Thank you! Yes, we will definitely get a new community manager, I will simply not have time to do both jobs. I am afraid I won't be as active here once we have a new person in charge, but I can promise you I will be come and read every day, since this forum is the heart of the game.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Alena, one thing I will ask of you tho, is to PUH-LLEEEAASE continue to be the one who writes the weekly status updates. You just know how to give em that perfect flair, it's like "your THING" that just cannot be replicated. That is the only thing I will ask of you in your new position!
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Alena, one thing I will ask of you tho, is to PUH-LLEEEAASE continue to be the one who writes the weekly status updates. You just know how to give em that perfect flair, it's like "your THING" that just cannot be replicated. That is the only thing I will ask of you in your new position!
I agree 100%

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Alena Rybik wrote: Thank you! Yes, we will definitely get a new community manager, I will simply not have time to do both jobs. I am afraid I won't be as active here once we have a new person in charge, but I can promise you I will be come and read every day, since this forum is the heart of the game.
Ask Us Anything with EW Team thread is really late. Will it be answered next update? speaking of which didn't we miss a status update.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Post by hunterPRO1 »

Alena Rybik wrote:
InstinctiveArcher wrote:Will we still be getting a new community manager, or are you going to stick around? Will being a producer affect your time that you're on the forum? Congrats on your new position! :D
Thank you! Yes, we will definitely get a new community manager, I will simply not have time to do both jobs. I am afraid I won't be as active here once we have a new person in charge, but I can promise you I will be come and read every day, since this forum is the heart of the game.
well alena while this was your job (well still is for a while) you did it well and the best you could, ive never had a problem with you and i dont know anyone that has. thank you.
"you win some, you lose some, you wreck some."
Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”