Small update from Alena

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Small update from Alena

Post by Alena Rybik »

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share with you a short private update. I will be leaving Expansive Worlds at the end of this year :( It hasn’t by far been an easy decision, as I care very deeply about the game and community and it's been a huge part of my life for almost three years, but it’s time for me to move on. We are already looking for my successor, and I am going to make sure that you will get the best possible Community Manager, worthy of managing our incredible community :) We will have another three months together, but I wanted to be open and honest with you right away.

A more lengthy and personal post will follow when it's time to say the actual good-bye, for now - let's go on. <3
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Re: Small update from Alena

Post by FR_Bugs »

Hello Alena, a very sad news, you do an important and hard job in EW. But if it's your choice and you've got new projects, it's OK.
You took shots for others by always doing your best, thank you for the work done, stay 3 months to enjoy yourself :)
Last edited by FR_Bugs on October 3rd, 2016, 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

But...but... :(
This is truly sad to hear. Alena you have been our only advocate for three years! When things fell apart you have been the person holding up the torch and standing in for the EW team and the community alike. When everyone went home on a Friday night you kept reading the posts and responding. You often had to take criticism for all the things that weren't your fault at all.

Nice to hear there will be a successor but you are irreplaceable. Managing the community is the easier part here. Getting the minds at EW to focus on their customers is the hard part. This is what the new person will have to learn from you and continue to do.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
maros.kuzar
Outfitter

Post by maros.kuzar »

We will miss you Alenka!
Slatkus
Hunter

Post by Slatkus »

Thanks. Looking forward to see new community manager.
Dennis Borg
Hunter

Post by Dennis Borg »

So sad that you will be leaving, I will miss you!

Cartoon Head
Hunter

Post by Cartoon Head »

Congrats on your new job (if that is why you are leaving) and thanks for all you have done for us, we will miss you x
Yansko
Tracker

Post by Yansko »

Thanks Alena
Freedom
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

:( Why... :(
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Alena Rybik wrote:We are already looking for my successor, and I am going to make sure that you will get the best possible Community Manager, worthy of managing our incredible community :)
We already had this in you, in my opinion. If I could offer any advice to Expansive Worlds right now, it would be to put some effort into investigating the exceptional rate of staff churn within the company. You can always put another bum on a seat but I fear an ever-increasing knowledge gap within the team will soon take its toll on this game.

Alena, sad news indeed. I'm sure you made some enemies along the way but I sincerely hope you made some friends too. I know many from this community will miss you a great deal, but I suspect the impact of your loss will not be fully realised until some time after you leave and the aforementioned knowledge gap starts to become apparent.

I hope you come back to say hello from time to time. You made a huge positive impact on this game and the community and for that, you should be proud. Thank you for your efforts over the years, and for helping the community fight for a better game.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”