Small update from Alena

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: Small update from Alena

Post by Radamus »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Alena, one thing I will ask of you tho, is to PUH-LLEEEAASE continue to be the one who writes the weekly status updates. You just know how to give em that perfect flair, it's like "your THING" that just cannot be replicated. That is the only thing I will ask of you in your new position!
Very good point on the newsletter- Obviously I don't know this forum any other way than as you at the helm and there's no reason to run off the tracks that which works so well. On the other hand, if it's not growing it's dying and growth means change but since you will be captain and commander, like everything else in the past, your decisions will be good ones in the best interest of the goals. I naturally assumed Johanna will be filling this role, if so she will do great since she's already been inoculated for any and all dangers that lurk with the peasants :D
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Radamus wrote:...and all dangers that lurk with the pheasants :D
Fixed that for you, Len!
Image Image Image
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:
BucksNBuffalo wrote:Alena, one thing I will ask of you tho, is to PUH-LLEEEAASE continue to be the one who writes the weekly status updates. You just know how to give em that perfect flair, it's like "your THING" that just cannot be replicated. That is the only thing I will ask of you in your new position!
I agree 100%
Thanks guys, it's super flattering, but I am not sure, we will see.
Ravenousfox wrote:
Alena Rybik wrote: Thank you! Yes, we will definitely get a new community manager, I will simply not have time to do both jobs. I am afraid I won't be as active here once we have a new person in charge, but I can promise you I will be come and read every day, since this forum is the heart of the game.
Ask Us Anything with EW Team thread is really late. Will it be answered next update? speaking of which didn't we miss a status update.
Yes, I remember about it. I can't make any promises, but I will try to get them answered and delivered to you before the end of this year :cry: Sorry, things are always more hectic than usual here at this time of the year. And yes, we've decided to skip a status update last week, since, frankly, there haven't been much new and significant to communicate.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Alena Rybik wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:
Fletchette wrote: Boss...Big Kahuna....The man. :ugeek:
Maybe I didn't phrase it correctly, How about, what do they do, and what impact on the game does it have?
You know like game designer comes up with what they want in the game, coders try and figure out how to do that. Animator, well animate, artists create the graphics, sound person records the sounds, etc.
Usually a game development producer oversees and project manages the production of a game (or, if a game is very big, say Mad Max, oversees and manages parts of the production, such as concept art, sound, narrative design etc.), making sure that all the bits of organization puzzle are working together, that animators have things to animate, coders have to stuff to code, artists know what and how to create etc. and that no one is wasting time.

Producer at theHunter is also a product owner, which means that they are responsible for the development roadmap, budget, business model and similar strategic decisions of a larger scale.
Thanks for the response, and in layman's terms the theHunter's Producer is the one with their neck laying on the chopping block, while the ax is held aloft by a positive cash flow.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

DHRifleman wrote:Thanks for the response, and in layman's terms the theHunter's Producer is the one with their neck laying on the chopping block, while the ax is held aloft by a positive cash flow.
True... :D
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Beano8U
Scout

Post by Beano8U »

I haven't been active in the forums for a while and didn't realise that you were planning on leaving Alena.
Glad to hear that you are sticking around as you do a really good job :)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”