Ask Us Anything with EW Team

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Ask Us Anything with EW Team

Post by Alena Rybik »

Please post your questions to the EW team in this thread. If you want to ask something a specific person, do mention so! Eg. "My question is for Roberto" or "I have a question to the art team"

The rules:
• Our Code of Conduct applies
• No tech support and bugs related questions, as these usually require a thorough personal investigation and we have specific channels for those type of queries (customer support and Bug Reports forum)
• No opinionated questions
• Do not repost your question multiple times
• All questions may be asked, but not all questions may be answered, although I’ll do my best to reply to everything I can. If I the answer is unknown or can’t be revealed, I’ll let you know. Questions will not necessarily be answered in the order in which they’re posted.

The thread will be unlocked for questions until until Tuesday, October 4th 2016 12:00 CEST.
ForstHeld
Outfitter

Re: Ask Us Anything with EW Team

Post by ForstHeld »

I have a question to the programming team: Is there any chance that we are able to place world items on maps hosted by another player?
saltamon
Spotter

Post by saltamon »

I beg you aclareis a doubt that leads unresolved for years:
The effect of camouflage clothing. You could please specify the individual effect of a garment made of 5 pieces? ..
Boone and Crockett set, for example ..

Shirt: 20% camo effect?
Pants: 20% camo effect?
Gloves: 20% camo effect?
Boots: 20% camo effect?
Hat: 20% camo effect?

May be that shirt allow more camo effect than gloves ???

What effect each piece applies in this case ?. It offers the same effect the shirt boots ?. Clothing set offers various masking effects depending on the position of the hunter ?. If the hunter is lying cap only applies the effect? (The most visible part). If the hunter is crouching effect applies more pants or shirt ?.

In summary. Please. You could finally spell the masking effect of a set like the Boone and Crockett to know how to optimize your clothes to get the most desired effect when hunting. (I mean to wear clothes of different sets to accumulate effects ... if that's possible).

TheHottShott

Post by TheHottShott »

I have a question concerning the birds in theHunter. On the new Rockies reserve, I understand that ptarmigan where what you were working on at the time, but they are part of a larger family: Grouse, which Grouse proper are fairly similar to ptarmigan, only slightly larger, and more likely south of the North West Territories in Canada. I hunt these birds in real life, and in fact went just the other day, but the question as to why ptarmigan were added instead of Blue Grouse, Ruffed Grouse, or even a Dusky or Spruce Grouse?

Also, to go along with it, with the increasing bird numbers in theHunter, will there every be a pointing dog? I've got two that greatly facilitate hunting all birds, be it grouse, Huns, or pheasants, who stop and point to the hunters where a bird is. I would love to see a Deutsch Drahthaar or an English Setter in-game, so I can hunt with my dogs virtually too.
Sorry for the long "question," I'd just like to explain the backstory as to why I asked.
"Remember, it's not about the trophy kill, though it's nice to bag a big buck. But, it's those memories you recall later in life that make sub-zero temperatures, a blizzard, and howling wind all worth it." - My grandfather's last hunt.
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

I've been wanting to ask a few questions because I have gotten mixed answers before.
So just to clarify...

1. Does Sound Reduction on clothing reduce the spook chance when firing a bow?
Example: when firing any bow does the Doc Outfit reduce spook chance against deer?

2. Does Visual Reduction only apply when standing still and Sound Reduction only apply when moving?

3. If you're wearing a Ghillie Suit in a Treestand do you go past Legendary Visual Reduction or doesn't the Treestand give you any bonus to Visual Reduction since you already have max Visual Reduction from the Ghillie Suit? :?

4. When is the .45 Long Colt Revolver The Stallion coming out? :lol:
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Did you ever consider changing/enhancing animal behavior and A.I. - I'm especially talking about more animal-animal interaction (rutting, fighting, predator/prey etc.) and changing the luring system (making it a little more variable and realistic like animals not coming in a straight line to the exact spot you called from). If you do consider it, what priority does it have - and if you do not, what is the reason?
Image Image Image
CAmulieman
Tracker

Post by CAmulieman »

Is it possible for any of the devs to start a game, then "fly" around the area and observe all the animals without spooking them? Can they "see" where all the animals are even when they are beyond normal viewing distance?
Heist5

Post by Heist5 »

Do you have any plans to add a item load-out like system to the inventory menu?
E.G: Save one load-out for small game shooting, and another load-out for big game, so as to quickly change loud-outs and get back into the hunt
Redwhitetail

Post by Redwhitetail »

Do you have plans to add squirrels in the future?

EDIT: Since we have coonhounds in the game now, will raccoon ever be added? Maybe a coon hunting option added to the dog as well?
Last edited by Redwhitetail on September 29th, 2016, 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

Hello everyone there at EW.

1. Am I the only one that has problems in BRR? I have a very decent computer but still get FPS drops when I'm in the thick bush. Is there any plans to address this? I don't hardly ever hunt there anymore because of this. I mean I consistently get anywhere from 60-120 FPS on absolute max settings @ 1080p (depending on the area), but when in the bushy areas of bushrangers it drops to like 25-30. It shouldn't be that demanding. My specs: i5 3570k @ 3.4Ghz<< Due for an upgrade soon, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX980 OC'd.

2. Will you ever be able to create red dot sights for the pistols? I know the Aimpoints have their restrictions due to licensing reasons, but you would sell a ton if you created your own specifically for the pistols. Edit: Shotguns too deserve a red dot sight unlike the current one that blacks out the view around it.

3. Will we ever see Africa? Is there a reason why it hasn't been implemented yet? It's easily one of the most popular selections in the polls and would provide tons of really great realistic hunting opportunities.

4. Last but not least....... Bigfoot?

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”