Ask Us Anything with EW Team

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
lisarob
Hunter

Re: Ask Us Anything with EW Team

Post by lisarob »

which is the reserve you think it's worse developed? what would you do as a team to improve it if you had resources?
which technical improvement would you choose if you had been given the opportunity to choose the tools you need?
do you think that TH has come to the final point or do you believe you are still hungry of more features (we hope for just one answer!!!! :)?
KEY POINT TO ME: did you ever think about moving species (already created species) from one reserve to another to achieve maximum reality adherence?
thanks
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

2 questions :
- Can we expect regular teams comps as showdown model in the daily comps ?
- Have you planified to add an animal in BRR ?
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Which internal process improvement projects do you have currently?
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Manu5Ahau
Scout

Post by Manu5Ahau »

I always wanted to know how many members there are in the playerbase?

I would like to see 2 player comps: "Hunterbuddycomp", like me andd my best friend competing. Are you doing work on that being implemented?
Ash1302
Scout

Post by Ash1302 »

1. What existing animals can we expect to be improved/changed in the future and how exactly?

2. Why still no cats or wolves? The Rockies would have been a good map to introduce them. Can we expect them in the future or are they not considered on ethical grounds?

3. What will happen with Bushrangers Run? Will it have 2 other animals or expanded for even more?

4. Will Redfeather Falls and the new Rockies map have a 6th animal in the future? If so, how soon?

5. Will a better Personal Bests page ever return? One that can also show rares only and can be sorted throughout all seasons?

6. What animals and reserve locations not in the game would the dev team want the most to be implemented(survey results aside)? Why?
Dennis Borg
Hunter

Post by Dennis Borg »

Nice to see some questions, keep them coming! :)

Makaan
Scout

Post by Makaan »

Please let me know actuall devs answers about some game parts:

1) Best scores page not work since long time - is that mean that devs preparing for us some nice gift, like more stats ( rares, filters by reserve, by weapon, by time ... etc ) ?

2) Some time ago , there was introduced functionality : "server controled populations" which suppose to open new nice functionality of the game - can we expect that one day (in 2017) we can see effect of this feature, like unexpected spot of Moose in Hirsfelden ? or Black bear in Loggers Point ?
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

hi guys, glad to finally get another AMA. my questions are...

1) will we ever get a motion predator decoy?. irl ambush hunting small predators is really the only viable option they're just to elusive to be stalk hunted.

2) will EW ever go back and build upon stuff we already have making it more indepth and engaging? e.g an overhaul of the call system. 1 call bringing animals to the exact spot in a straight line 100% of the time. This is highly unrealistic and kinda takes the anticipation and suspense of the hunt out of it. Once you hear the call of an animal its almost a forgone conclusion of the outcome.

3) will the skill progression ever get reworked? firstly i think the parameters need to be looked at especially for weight based animals. as even at spoting level 11 for animals such as fox and coyote the score indicated in the top right is still everything from monster to pup and everything inbetween. Also on this i started playing when their was only 8 species, so the animals i spread my hunting time across each got a fair bit of hunting time and progressed comfortably. we now have 32 with a handful more on the way. the time spread between the species is now allot smaller for the same amount of playing time. this results in a very very slow progression. is lowering the required amount of tracks and spots for level increase something EW have even talked about?.

4) what happend to ideas such as saved load outs and filling bait sights from the homepage, user made comps, and the overhaul and adoption of CSS into comps?.
Thernadad
Spotter

Post by Thernadad »

Curious as to what the big objection to doing an African base Resevere is ?
helgoryon
Tracker

Post by helgoryon »

are there any plans to make brr less boring.such a great reserve but needs more animals.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”