Ask Us Anything with EW Team

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
DaiNochii
Spotter

Re: Ask Us Anything with EW Team

Post by DaiNochii »

- Will we ever see a B&C and/or an Army scarf? :)
- Have you ever though about doing regular events that require harvesting a "unique" animal, like the Beast Brown Bear or the Ghost Kangaroo from the past Halloween events, but more real-life inspired (e.g a deseased animal or a deer with a unique set of antlers)?
- Since with the introduction of the server-based population you can modify the amount of animals easier, will we ever see event(s) where you increase an animal's population and we have to take down as many of that specie as possible (something like a population control), and at the end we get a reward depending of the number of harvested animals?

And for the animators:
- Which have been the animal that you liked most/found more challenging or interesting to animate?
Osten-Baken
Tracker

Post by Osten-Baken »

1) Do you plan to change the brightness on winter maps?
2) What is the point to add new single shot bolt action rifles (.243/.270/.300)? I doubt that in real life someone buys such rifles for hunting.
3) Do you plan to change the appearance of other animals (wild boar, elk and red deer heads)?
4) Rabbits scare the foxes in the game. Is it normal?
5) Do you plan to accelerate the raising of the weapons?
ShawnG

Post by ShawnG »

would you consider revamping one or two of the north american maps (settler creeks especially) to a late autumn hunting environment that more closely reflects RL hunting seasons?
DarkLord
Scout

Post by DarkLord »

1) Will we ever be able to jump, even a little bit. theHunter is the only FPS game I've played where the pawn can't jump. This would solve several navigation issues like having movement blocked by a small rock or not being able to clear a 1 foot gap in the ice on WRR.
2) Do you have any plans to take a closer look at how bait sites are functioning? I know you have said they are "fixed", but they aren't.
Spoiler:
SomZabil

Post by SomZabil »

Hello. I want to ask whether it would be possible in the future to embed games predators such as the eagle ??? I think it would be wonderful stroll around the reserve with an eagle on his arm. He seemed to give orders than dog. Helped by an eagle could Neak way for hunting small game such as rabbits, foxes. In Mongolia and other countries, this type of hunting common. :?: :?: :?:

Regards Som_Zabil
maxhofmannp

Post by maxhofmannp »

Are you going to make changes in the inventory and membership weapons?

I mean, I have 7 single shot shotguns and if a buy a new membership I'll get another one ... won't be better to take off the repeated weapons for users that actually have those ones and give some EMS or choose new equipment?

For starters it's an amazing deal, but I'm over 2000 hunterscore and I think this can be improved, for your sells ... and for our happiness!!!
Don't buy the Colt!!!
Join our latin-american players community!

https://www.facebook.com/TheHunterLatinoAmerica
Longmann
Scout

Post by Longmann »

My question: What language are you using to communicate with each other? You couldn't all have learned Sweedish, have you?
Spoiler:
We pray our sights be straight and our aim be true,
We pray for no pain to the game we pursue.
We thank you, Lord, for this land,
We thank you for the sights from our stands.
We pray for safety one and all,
We pray we may return next fall.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

First off, thank you once again for this opportunity. A lot of the questions I would have asked have been asked already but here are some more.

ART
There are three of you in the art team. My question to each of you is which area would you say is your passion, e.g. environment art, character art? Is there a weakness in the team, or an area which none of you are passionate about? If management approached each of you and asked whether you thought another artist was needed to progress theHunter at a more favourable pace, what would your answer be? If you answered yes, that another artist would be beneficial, what area would you foresee them focusing on?

If the management team allowed you one day per week, month or year, to be creative and design anything you wanted for the game, what would each of you create for theHunter and why?

- - -

CUSTOMER ACQUISITION
Sacha, given the niche genre that theHunter falls within, I suspect the customer acquisition strategy for this product differs somewhat to any others you've designed or executed in the past. That being the case, what aspects of the strategy have required "outside the box" thinking? Has any thought been given to targeting real life hunters through retail channels such as gun stores, hunting magazines, roadshows etc? I would imagine that a few visits to hunting roadshows stateside might garner as much attention if not more than several expeditions at the larger gaming conventions. What are your thoughts on this?

Once you have a strategy in place and you execute it, do you have adequate tools to monitor and gauge the effectiveness of the campaign? Other than the new player funnel, are there any other plans for conversion rate optimisation in the pipeline? The current website is often subjected to harsh critique on the forum, but are there any analytics in place to highlight problem areas of the website? If not, is this something you are pushing for? Has the impact of new player funnel been assessed yet and if so, are you able to share any feedback regarding its return?

If you were given unlimited resources for one week, from any department(s) you required, what would you add to make your life and your job easier?

- - -

CLIENT
These questions are for anyone in the client programming team. What software versioning and revision control system is in place for theHunter client? Given the frequency at which some previously resolved issues make their way back onto the production / live server, is this something which you believe could be attributed to poor version control? Are changes required to be documented? If not, do you ever offer comments when committing a change to the repository? These are often aspects of development which developers loathe and resent, but their importance in such a constantly evolving product is undisputable. Which member of the management team oversees these types of procedures?

Roberto, as lead client programmer, and being relatively new to the company and the game, what are your initial concerns about the development procedures in place, if any? What changes would you like to make to the way your team operates on a day to day basis? How satisfied are you with the balance of resources between the client team and other teams within the company? By that I mean do you ever hit a bottleneck because of backend issues or lack of resources in the backend department (an example)? Or conversely is your team ever causing a bottleneck in the development process?

If the management team allowed you one day per week, month or year, to be creative and develop anything you wanted for the game, what would each of you create in theHunter and why?

- - -

BACKEND
This is a question to each of you in the backend team. Given that theHunter is a backend-heavy beast, how happy are you on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being completely unhappy and 10 being ecstatic) with the current backend infrastructure? Which aspect of the backend is most resource hungry and what part of the infrastructure gives you most cause for concern in terms of uptime and stability? What aspect of your day to day job frustrates you the most? If you could start all over again and build the backend from scratch, what would you do differently second time around?

What projects that you have worked on in your spare time are you most proud of?

- - -

ANIMATION
This is a question for each of you in the animation team. If you had to give an approximate answer, what percentage of your education and background in animation do you rely on day to day for your work on theHunter? How would you rate the tools that you work with? Are there any aspects of your craft that you would like to use more as part of your current job, or that you feel you are neglecting in your current role, e.g. mo-cap? What piece of animation in theHunter are you most proud of, and if you could do one job over again, what would it be?

If the management team allowed you one day per week, month or year, to be creative and develop anything you wanted for the game, what would each of you create in theHunter and why?

- - -

PRODUCTION
These questions go to Philipp. What is the biggest challenge you face on a day to day basis when managing the development roadmap and the financial obligations of theHunter? How is your success as a producer monitored, and by whom? Does it concern you that Expansive Worlds offers an online service which is accessed around the clock, all year through, but that the company is governed by the strict working regulations of Sweden? What provisions are in place for out-of-hours service affecting emergencies? If none, what provisions would you like to implement?

If you owned the company and had the freedom to make any decisions you wanted, what would you change about the commercial model of theHunter, and why?

If you could push through one feature or new piece of content and resource costs and time were not an issue, what would it be? Finally if you could be producer for any game, past or present, what would it be and why?

- - -

Thanks in advance.
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

Can i ask why you sold re-skinned (paint) weapons separatly? Why you dont sold on every weapons various skins (paint) but weapon stay same? For example Snakebite... paint in one color (red, black...) for 75em$, skin with winter camo, arid camo,... for 150 em$ and special or maybe also reward skins with flags, signed or just special event inspired for 250 em$ or free for special hard core mission. There is wrong way sold copy-paste weapons... With skin system you have empty hands to do it multiple version of Weapons. Hunters will have chance to personalize your weaponary. (Sorry For My Bad English)
Lapehunter
Outfitter

Post by Lapehunter »

Could it ever be possible that birds would sit on the trees? If not in all trees, maybe in some selected trees?

Image Image

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”