Re: Ask Us Anything with EW Team

Post by Alena Rybik »

The replies have been posted!

Sorry it took as a little while, but we wanted to be thorough and diligent :D
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I enjoyed reading through this big "AUA" - This is the best one I've seen because pretty much everyone was involved and there were fun questions and answers. This kind of thing puts us all on a more human level than just pixels in the cyber world and I find that valuable on the extreme level. I appreciate the involvement as I know most of us do.
I've selected a few of my own high points.
magic box called “community suggestions”
I always knew one of these existed! In the office we call it "file 13" or "The round receptacle" :lol:
you will never truly become invisible. Just extremely hard to spot from an animal’s perspective.
I knew this to be true from seeing it- Not often but I have been busted in the TS by coyotes and fox a few times. Rest of the animals are dumb as a box of rocks and a little tweaking wouldn't hurt.
Q: I really like the new ptarmigan flock behavior, can it be transported to the pheasants as well?
If the pheasants were to react similar to ptarmigans
I'm happy with this response otherwise I'd have to find out how many Krona a hit-man costs in Sweden-I can find them in Chicago fairly cheap and close to home. :lol:
Q: Who in your group takes it the best .... Who is the dev that keeps the spirit high when times are tough.
Amazingly not one person ever mentioned David which is puzzling because when ever he and I are talking I swear I'm talking to Ringo in a Beatles interview, such an inspiration.
Q: Why do the traditional bows creak? None of my bows do that IRL, not even my takedown bow?- We had to sacrifice the realistic aspect of bow not cracking in real life for the feeling of stretching the string
Great response and I appreciate the challenge that poses, I restate what I've said about Trents heavy recurve- You nailed it, I swear I can almost feel the vibration in my hand on release. If you've shot them IRL you know what I mean. The only sound otherwise to work with is the arrow sliding on the rest during draw. In the old days that was felt/fur pads that were silent.
Stefan: I think that the initial ‘on-boarding’, so the first player experience can be improved. When I first played theHunter I went through the tutorials which helped me but in my opinion it did not go far enough. Players can become frustrated or maybe think that the game does not offer enough because it was never explained to them.
This one is a challenge- I can not express my first thoughts when I found TheHunter with the appropriate meaning and not offend people- It wasn't until I saw some videos on YT that I realized what was happening on my computer bore no resemblance to what the game was all about. This is mostly out of "Gamer" ignorance because I do not fit into that mold, in fact many people of a similar profile probably are not. I've never forgotten that early experience and have wondered how much opportunity is missed by people "just like me"
Q: Who in your group takes it the best .... Who is the dev that keeps the spirit high when times are tough. Who is the one or two who always put a smile on the others’ face. If I can guess, I would say its the guy behind the skull.
David and I are a few time zones apart, but I think we keep each other’s lives interesting with trying to work out what day it is where.
You need not worry about days/nights because it is trivial and support is 24/7 :D

Forgot about my favorite quote:
Q: A long standing rumor goes that if duck hunting is running dry, firing a pistol in the air causes more ducks to spawn. Is this rumor true?
Carl-Oscar: A magician never spoils his tricks
... You guys and gals must get a kick out of all the things we think we know that do not exist.... Thanks for not ruining our fantasies- as I like to say "The magic is all in the mind"
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
avenstin

Post by avenstin »

Do you guys have any plans on fixing the dog bugs and glitches? It's been a pretty long time now since the first dog release and they both still have very bad bugs and glitches including getting stuck from obstacles especially in timber gold map and the dog retrieving duck glitch all which makes a very big negative impact on our hunts.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”