Compound Showdown 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Re: Compound Showdown 2016

Post by DHRifleman »

caledonianblues wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:But then why under where it says "Your position" does it say NA for me when I clearly did have a position the other day while the comp was still running? It happened to be 54 of 56 when I got it, but it was still a score on the leader board. Since it shows 71 players now, I guess quite a few more got entries after I did.
I think that's just the way the competition system works, and I believe that happens with every competition, not just special events. It's not ideal, I know. Even if the final leaderboard is restricted to 2 pages for viewing it should still show your own position if you had one. Nevertheless, I still think you will get the trophy above, I just don't think they've been issued yet.
We will see, but I would like to know how close to last I ended up, and if I did stay ahead of the 2 that were just behind me.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

All of EW's comps are like that DHR. They show top 20 and that's it. You can stay up til 3 am to find out your final place, but who wants to do that? Frustrating isn't it? You never know where you finished. It can't be because they don't have the data space. All they have to do is allow people to delete unwanted trophy shots from their gallery to free up terabytes of data space.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
ShawnG

Post by ShawnG »

my first non mission trophy, got bronze for team python! had a lot of fun. I like that it was a harder set of parameters, but I'm gonna do a hunt right now, and I'm gonna sit in a tree and call stuff in this evening.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

caledonianblues wrote:Nobody from Team Pulsar has this trophy yet (including those in the top 20):

My understand is that everyone on the winning team who entered a score would get this, and I think that will still happen.
Yep, we waiting for it :)

Edit : Trophies are there, thanks :)
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

stancomputerhunter wrote:I'm wondering why a compound bow mission has a trophy that shows an archer with a traditional bow.
That is the freedom of art, I guess :D
bigdadyrabbit
Spotter

Post by bigdadyrabbit »

Question on the Team Pulsar competition trophy.....all members of the winning team are to get that trophy even if you did not have a score on the board correct? I know the top ten of each competition get one for being in the top 10 but unsure if you had to have a score posted to qualify for being a member of the winning team. Wondering because I never was able to score a whitetail in the competition (got the red deer) so had no score posted. It was announced the trophies had been delivered but I don't see one in my trophy tab.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Only if you posted a score, ie, killed both a valid red deer and whitetail.
Spoiler:
bigdadyrabbit
Spotter

Post by bigdadyrabbit »

Ouch.....wish I had just done the three missions now. That sort of stinks....not like I didn't try like hell :)
Macagod
Hunter

Post by Macagod »

bigdadyrabbit wrote:Ouch.....wish I had just done the three missions now. That sort of stinks....not like I didn't try like hell :)
While I did make it onto the scoreboard, I found the whitetail challenging simply because you could so easily hit another organ/shoulder if the broadside shot wasn't just right.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

stancomputerhunter wrote:All of EW's comps are like that DHR. They show top 20 and that's it. You can stay up til 3 am to find out your final place, but who wants to do that? Frustrating isn't it? You never know where you finished. It can't be because they don't have the data space. All they have to do is allow people to delete unwanted trophy shots from their gallery to free up terabytes of data space.
Kind of sucks that you can't see where you actually placed unless you are in the top 20.
I don't think it is because of the actual data storage space since that data is stored anyway. I think it has more to do with server requests/replies, and bandwidth. Now I can understand this could amount to a lot is every comp gave the full leaderboard, or even just the place each player was in, but for special events like this, I think it wouldn't be that bad. But it would need to have additional work done to the code to make it happen.

BTW I did get my Trophy for team Pulsar, and the WT was the tougher of the two by far.

Congrats to all those that actually had a ranking, and especially to those that ended up in the top 20 for any of the bows!
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”