Congrats Team Pulsar. The team with the most participants won. :D
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
PiotrV
Spotter

Re: Compound Showdown 2016

Post by PiotrV »

Alena Rybik wrote:
FR_Bugs wrote:It was a difficult challenge, 2 or 3 things to modify for a future showdown as most clear rules in the beginning for example but it was a nice event. Thanks for this.
Thanks for the feedback. In my opinion, all the special rules (in this example, organ requriement, no callers) should not be communicated from the beginning to provide the element of surprise and suspence. I am on the fence regarding the animals, but in this case, since we communicated the Whitetail, we should also have mentioned the Red Deer. Again, my bad and I will make sure to be better at this next time.
I disagree. I believe all of the rules should be specified up front. Only then I can make a conscious decission which bow is a best fit for me under those circumstances.
phil1
Hunter

Post by phil1 »

HooCairs wrote: True. See I wasn't even thinking of this. You guys are much smarter when it comes to outwitting the system. ;)
Since multiplayer can be heavily exploited anyway (your friend hunts until a trophy buck is found, only then you join and burn an attempt), I see no point in keeping these comps in MP. EW knows well about this exploit after players have complained about it amply in the last event already. I cannot remember ever seeing a good reason for making these big events MP.
You're far too modest in your 'outwitting the system' abilities, Hoocairs :twisted:

I, like you, saw the flaws and went for the 3 mission trophy team.

If MP is to be used, embrace the 'exploits'.

Average out the score for the top 10 animals.
Don't let the shooters have the calls in their inventory, effectively make people hunt in pairs - one with the calls/scent for the other to shoot.
Use wound time instead of organs, it's far less confusing and can be accurately set.
Have each weapon team hunt for all of the species available in the hunter, with only the top animal of each species counting, and averaged out for achieved score/possible top score, (to avoid a goose grind) with no individual trophies, just 'team' trophies.

Lots of possibilities.
Last edited by phil1 on October 12th, 2016, 7:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

therisths wrote:It has not to do with the bow but with the lucky spawn of a trophy animal.Each bow team/participant who will be lucky enough to find a high scoring wt ot red deer is the winner not bow itself.For example since the participants in Python or Snakebite teams wasnt lucky enough to find good trophy animals doesnt mean that Pulsar is the best.Its does not make sense to me.
Whilst luck is the only factor when it comes to the spawn, this competition did require skill too. It wasn't enough just to find a trophy whitetail and red deer. Players had to shoot them in a precise way which required some experience and competence with their chosen bow. Perhaps the participants in the other teams -did- find trophy animals that might have scored higher than those from team Pulsar, but weren't able to kill the animals in accordance with the competition requirements.

I do agree though, the outcome of the competition in no way determines which bow is best. Everyone, including Expansive Worlds, knows that. It was just a fun event for a specific group of weapons and, rule ambiguities aside, I think it was a success.
Manu5Ahau
Scout

Post by Manu5Ahau »

Loved every bit of it!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Grats to all that participated . Grats also to Pulsar hunters.

A big thanks to a very good friend of mine , FR_Bugs. A good player with good experience and great methods of hunting .Helpful , patient with many other qualities .
Sorry that he did finish in 11th place , that sucks .

Thanks to EW for a good event . Learn from this one please and make the future ones even better .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

It was an awesome comp, although the rules were a bit different, and folks figured out that they could use the ts, scents, and callers- this as far as I'm concerned was a flaw in the comp rules. Still, congrats to all the podium winners in "Team Pulsar". WTG! ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

Alena Rybik wrote:... We will distribute final trophies shortly.
By the way - what is the "final trophy?" This is a bit mysterious:
Alena Rybik wrote:... the winning bow and a unique trophy, featuring the winning bow , will be given to all the players who joined and got a score on the leaderboard in the competition for the bow that managed to achieve the highest scoring animal...!
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

MonacoSteve wrote:
Alena Rybik wrote:... We will distribute final trophies shortly.
By the way - what is the "final trophy?" This is a bit mysterious:
Alena Rybik wrote:... the winning bow and a unique trophy, featuring the winning bow , will be given to all the players who joined and got a score on the leaderboard in the competition for the bow that managed to achieve the highest scoring animal...!
Congratulations Stephan on being in the winner's circle with this competition! :D
Spoiler:
LostBullet
Spotter

Post by LostBullet »

" ...to provide the element of surprise and suspence...."

i pick the Pulsar bow... but if i new the rules before, never would pick it.

The comp suck a lot, the fuss about was to much ( the price is like the lastest... bad... i will won more if i play the normal comp).

The rules are the rules, but a fast kill should be valid. It would stop the "...what the hell?..." thats funny, lets that a picture for what....

...And about the other weapons? the cable? the long bow? the 45/70, and so one.. it´s all the same comps...

Change a lit bite the hunt affair... :arrow:

Stay all sharp

...and by the way... why the cable bow cant be allowed to kill bison?... the native pp of the artic only kill what?

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”