EW Staff
EW Staff

Re: Compound Showdown 2016

Post by Alena Rybik »

The final leadeboards for all the competitions can be found here:

Team Pulsar
Team Snakebite
Team Parker Python

Congratulations to the team Pulsar! We will distribute final trophies shortly.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

It was a difficult challenge, 2 or 3 things to modify for a future showdown as most clear rules in the beginning for example but it was a nice event. Thanks for this.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

FR_Bugs wrote:It was a difficult challenge, 2 or 3 things to modify for a future showdown as most clear rules in the beginning for example but it was a nice event. Thanks for this.
Thanks for the feedback. In my opinion, all the special rules (in this example, organ requriement, no callers) should not be communicated from the beginning to provide the element of surprise and suspence. I am on the fence regarding the animals, but in this case, since we communicated the Whitetail, we should also have mentioned the Red Deer. Again, my bad and I will make sure to be better at this next time.
lowby
Outfitter

Post by lowby »

A great comp ended up as 5th in the pulsar part was a bit annoyed at the start due to the requirements but ended up thinking the challenge was very fun.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Congratulations team Pulsar.
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

Alena Rybik wrote: Congratulations to the team Pulsar! We will distribute final trophies shortly.
Wow -- really great event, this was! - and I am happy having been part of that team :-). I never thought that I would be in the winner list of any bow competition - but I guess I will have a new favorite weapon in my collection from now on and have become a converted bowhunter :D
ChooglinAlex

Post by ChooglinAlex »

Really enjoyed this comp! It felt very refreshing hunting without callers etc.; just you, your bow and the animals. Of course there was some frustration at some points, but to finally get a score on the leaderboard after hours of stalking was a big relief. I just think to make it more rewarding the trophy shouldn't have been given to you after the mission but only after making a score on the comp leaderboard. Anyways, hope to see something similar again soon!

I'm definitely trying out this kind of hunting on the new animals of Timbergold Trails in a few weeks. ;)
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

Congrats to the team Pulsar.
This comp was really cool.
I am number 4 in team Parker Python. :)
At least I get a trophy! :lol: (What a nice Trophy!)

I hope we see this kind of competitions in the future. ;)
Season Stats
Spoiler:
bigdadyrabbit
Spotter

Post by bigdadyrabbit »

JimboCrow wrote:I don't think the exploit is that bad really. In total only 172 of 1068 participants in the 3 competitions have even got a result. That's less than 2 in 10. At that rate is the use of tree stands or callers really a big deal? It's a far too difficult competition anyway. Who cares I say. ;)

I don't think so either. After all is it really an exploit if anyone playing can do it? It is not like one player has a cheat that is not available to anyone else. I never did get a whitetail deer score. Dang liver and shoulder blade foiled me on every white tail I shot :( although I did manage a nice red deer but wasn't able to help my pulsar team with a score but in the end the team pulled it out. ;)
therisths
Hunter

Post by therisths »

Whichever bow gets the highest scoring Whitetail Deer & Red Deer in the competitions will be named the best one.
It has not to do with the bow but with the lucky spawn of a trophy animal.Each bow team/participant who will be lucky enough to find a high scoring wt ot red deer is the winner not bow itself.For example since the participants in Python or Snakebite teams wasnt lucky enough to find good trophy animals doesnt mean that Pulsar is the best.Its does not make sense to me.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”