Compound Showdown 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Compound Showdown 2016

Post by Alena Rybik »

Compound Showdown 2016
Following the success of our Classic Showdown, welcome its successor - Compound Showdown, in which we will settle which of these compound bows are the best! The format will be familiar, but with one small adjustment, introduced based on your feedback ;)

"Parker Python"

VS

"Snakebite"

VS

"Pulsar"

• The event runs for two weeks, from September 28, 2016 until October 12, 2016 and, here comes the adjustment, consists of two stages, mission stage and competition stage.
  • Stage 1 - Pick your team!
    There are three missions (one per each bow) for you to choose. At the beginning of the event you choose which "team" you want to join (Team Parker Python, Team Snakebite or team Pulsar) and depending on your decision you start one of the three missions. Be careful: If you complete more than one missions, i.e. mission for more than one bow, you won't be able to join any of the competitions! Missions will only be active for one week, from September 28 until October 5.
  • Stage 2 - Defend the honour of your team!
    Once you’ve completed the mission of your chosen team you get a ticket to join a competition based on the bow you want to represent. You can join the competition if you have one and only one competition ticket in your inventory. Again, getting more than one ticket in the missions will disqualify you from joining ANY competition. Choose wisely! The competitions will start only after the missions stage is over, on October 5, and will run for another week, until October 12. If you missed the mission stage, you won't be able to join the competitions.

Please note that no sights are allowed in this event, neither in missions nor in competitions, to create the fairest conditions possible for all bows.
  • Completing any of the missions gives you one of these trophies, depending on the mission:

Image Image Image

Top ten players on leaderboards in any of the three competitions receive these trophies (they are the same for all three competitions).

Image Image Image Image

Whichever bow gets the highest scoring Whitetail Deer & Red Deer in the competitions will be named the best one. Once the competitions have run its course we will announce the winning bow and a unique trophy, featuring the winning bow , will be given to all the players who joined and got a score on the leaderboard in the competition for the bow that managed to achieve the highest scoring animal.

EDIT: Red Deer added to the comp description.

Image Image Image
  • All bows featured in the Compound Showdown, except for Pulsars with Winter and Forest Camo, will be available at 33% discount during the event (until October 12th, 2016 14:00 CEST)
Happy compound hunting!
Last edited by Tod1d on September 28th, 2016, 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cogsy666
Outfitter

Re: Compound Showdown 2016

Post by Cogsy666 »

Sounds fun :)

New bows look very nice.
Rares So Far 129
Non-Typicals So Far 24
ForstHeld
Outfitter

Post by ForstHeld »

Awesome! This time i wont do all missions ;-)

EDIT: Removed bug pic
Last edited by ForstHeld on September 28th, 2016, 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
PiotrV
Spotter

Post by PiotrV »

Quick question. Parker Python mission states: "Harvest a Whitetail Deer weighing at least 75 kg (approx. 166 lbs.) using a Parker Python Compound Bow without a scope and without using a blind, stand or tower. "
"Without a scope" means without using 5 Pin Sight? Any info, whether competitions will have the same requirement?

Parker Python is my favourite mainly because of it's 5 Pin Sight with Rangefinder. If I can't use it, I'll go with Snakebite.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Nice comp! :)

We also suggested (during the classic rifle event) not to use the first place only for determining the winning bow, but maybe take the average of the top 20 of each bow. Would that be possible?
Image Image Image
Flepp89

Post by Flepp89 »

Hello, I have understood correctly?

If we want to participate in the competition, we are only allowed to make one of the three missions? And can therefore win of the missions even one Trophy?
So can we, if we do not want to participate in the competition, do the three missions and so then win the three trophies of the missions?

Thanks for the clarification. :)

Flepp89
Cogsy666
Outfitter

Post by Cogsy666 »

Flepp89 wrote:Hello, I have understood correctly?

If we want to participate in the competition, we are only allowed to make one of the three missions? And can therefore win of the missions even one Trophy?
So can we, if we do not want to participate in the competition, do the three missions and so then win the three trophies of the missions?

Flepp89
Should be able to that's what I did with the rifle showdown. Planning on the doing the same for this as well.
Rares So Far 129
Non-Typicals So Far 24
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Cool, a new Showdown event, thanks.
Awesome trophies and 2 new Pulsar !!!!
The problems encountered in the Classic Showdown with players who expected to choose their team disappear with the new rules, thanks for this, good job Staff and Devs :)
MeistaRulez
Scout

Post by MeistaRulez »

Phew, I'm glad I thoroughly read the rules before starting a hunt. I was about to take all three bows with me ;)

Team Snakebite, here we GO !
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Flepp89 wrote:Hello, I have understood correctly?
Flepp89
Yes or you can make a try in the comp and do the 2 others missions after the event so you have the 3 trophies too.

Edit FR_Bugs : False, i had not read the rules carefuly, you can't do what i said for the 3 trophies : Missions will only be active for one week, from September 28 until October 5. Sorry :(
Last edited by FR_Bugs on September 28th, 2016, 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”