Status Update 23rd September 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Re: Status Update 23rd September 2016

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

therisths wrote:Why there are some players with 1000 heavy recurve bow harvests?
The bow is so strong that they line up multiple animals and kill them all with one shot. It's faster than shooting one at a time. :lol:

I think it's some sort of bug. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Buckkiller4
Hunter

Post by Buckkiller4 »

Yes the arrow goes straight through the animals, leading to multiple harvests per shot. I shot a sleeping hog earlier (I was desperate) and it went straight through, same as deer that I have shot. My problem is i'm not that accurate yet.
beau_76
Scout

Post by beau_76 »

hi all, is there still a bug with the tracks
I was tracking a coyote the tracks went away
Beau
lisarob
Hunter

Re: Ask Us Anything with EW Team

Post by lisarob »

P.S. a quick hug to Moe, what we all are doing on your city and country is just appalling, stay strong, the sun will shine again for the syrian people
phil1
Hunter

Post by phil1 »

DHRifleman wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:"you probably noticed that it’s slightly more powerful than other two Recurve Bows. Based on this, we were contemplating not allowing it for the same competitions, but instead creating a separate category for it."

Really good decision, you should also change the other bow comps too, have the Recurve/Longbow/Cable-backed bow/Compound bows all separate, because allowing the Longbow to be with Compound bows you know everyone is just going to use the Compound bows over using the Longbow. Thus making the Longbow left out and unfair to the few people that use the Longbow competing with Compound bow users (you have a real disadvantage in those comps.)
If you have 1337 kills with the longbow at 100% kill rate, and I have less kills with any of my compounds and none are at 100% kill rate, how is that a disadvantage? You are obviously better with the long bow than I am with the compounds. ;)
All bows have a 100% kill rate, if you can be bothered hanging around until the animal dies. If you hit an animal with any bow - it will die from the shot eventually, no matter where you hit it. Hit rate is a different matter, as is instant kill rate.
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

phil1 wrote:All bows have a 100% kill rate, if you can be bothered hanging around until the animal dies. If you hit an animal with any bow - it will die from the shot eventually, no matter where you hit it. Hit rate is a different matter, as is instant kill rate.
I know that.
I was discussing how it's unfair to put Traditional bows with Compound bows since Compound bows can shoot up to 80m easy where as Traditional bows are lucky to hit at 40m tops. Thus giving a huge range disadvantage.
Also damage and penetration is way different.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

phil1 wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:"you probably noticed that it’s slightly more powerful than other two Recurve Bows. Based on this, we were contemplating not allowing it for the same competitions, but instead creating a separate category for it."

Really good decision, you should also change the other bow comps too, have the Recurve/Longbow/Cable-backed bow/Compound bows all separate, because allowing the Longbow to be with Compound bows you know everyone is just going to use the Compound bows over using the Longbow. Thus making the Longbow left out and unfair to the few people that use the Longbow competing with Compound bow users (you have a real disadvantage in those comps.)
If you have 1337 kills with the longbow at 100% kill rate, and I have less kills with any of my compounds and none are at 100% kill rate, how is that a disadvantage? You are obviously better with the long bow than I am with the compounds. ;)
All bows have a 100% kill rate, if you can be bothered hanging around until the animal dies. If you hit an animal with any bow - it will die from the shot eventually, no matter where you hit it. Hit rate is a different matter, as is instant kill rate.
Actually I think all weapons have a 100% kill rate if you have enough time in the hunt. I don't think there is code that says certain projectiles will allow the animal to stop bleeding. Location of the hit along with the actual projectile used, and the distance at which the animal was struck determines the bleed rate. Arrows have a low initial damage, and higher bleed rate VS bullets having high initial damage, and a slower bleed rate. It is possible that there isn't enough time in a hunting day for some animals to expire based on a very slow bleed rate due to distance, projectile and location of the hit, but I do believe they never stop bleeding health.

So in order to have the amount of kills RF has (over 1500 now) with 100% kill rate, he must have hit every animal only once, and found every animal. A bad shot with a bow can still have the animal last a long time and travel great distances which greatly increases the chance of either time running out, or just not finding the animal due to some issues with the tracking system. Things like tracks buried under rocks and the general landscape can make tracking the animal quite difficult if not close to impossible some times.
So I still believe RF is better with the longbow, than many are with any of the compounds, myself included.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
phil1
Hunter

Post by phil1 »

If you don't chase the animal, it will die near it's first stopping point after becoming unspooked, I'm amazed he didn't lose animals due to the server crashes a while back. I was unaware that if you shoot an animal more than once, the kill rate of the weapon would drop below 100%.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

And if it doesn't stop but keeps roaming it can go for quite a while.

Just as killing 2 bird with one shot will give you a kill rate of over 100%. Kill rate is hits per shot divided by harvests.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”