Status Update 23rd September 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
RogerYar
Tracker

Re: Status Update 23rd September 2016

Post by RogerYar »

for .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader returned previous recharge animation ??
Exanimis
Hunter

Post by Exanimis »

outrider wrote:
Exanimis wrote:Is there a plan to add a password key or a "Remember me on this device" option to the launcher in the future? I really dislike having to choose "I am already a member" and then having to typ in my info each time.

i had asked that in another thread......maybe they will like you more than me, and give you a answer.....and i'll sneek a look at the answer they give you.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't count on it, I asked in another tread too :D :lol:
Hunter1324

Post by Hunter1324 »

Well it sure is nice to see more progress on the game, it's really great to see how much insight you are providing to us about the development of the game, something that I really miss from other game developers.

Also it's nice to see a new memeber in the development team. I'm sure he will do a great job and will became an integral part on the development of your products.
Anybody interested in theHunter: Primal please check this thread: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=220&t=75934
tbug
Outfitter

Post by tbug »

Exanimis wrote:
outrider wrote:
Exanimis wrote:Is there a plan to add a password key or a "Remember me on this device" option to the launcher in the future? I really dislike having to choose "I am already a member" and then having to typ in my info each time.

i had asked that in another thread......maybe they will like you more than me, and give you a answer.....and i'll sneek a look at the answer they give you.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't count on it, I asked in another tread too :D :lol:
Magnus is looking into it
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75661&p=825063&hilit=tbug#p825056
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Alena Rybik wrote:
BCKidd wrote:Thanks for the update and welcome to theHunter as an animator, Moe. I hope you find it to be a good move. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

And yes- when will the .340 be available. :P
Don't we have enough rifles already? ;)
Never! The more the merrier... :lol: ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

The ptarmigans look great i cant wait to get into hunting those when killing season comes to an end. I do hope some older species will also get a bit of animation/behavior love
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Nice update, and welcome Moe. Look forward to seeing your work. Any news on the overhaul of the existing bears? Hope that's coming along nicely.
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

Welcom Moe! Nice to have you on that Incredible animation team, nice animation flock thanks for the upda Devs.

. .. Er?!!e. 340 release? when, when, why make us suffer :D :roll:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

mapache01 wrote:Welcom Moe! Nice to have you on that Incredible animation team, nice animation flock thanks for the upda Devs.

. .. Er?!!e. 340 release? when, when, why make us suffer :D :roll:
No kidding! I tell you, once that rifle becomes available it will sell off the shelf quicker than any other rifle. So many of us want it. I can hardly wait! ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Treedweller
Tracker

Post by Treedweller »

Since Alena asked for our opinions, I'll give you mine:

If creating new competitions for the heavy recurve bow means increasing the number of competitions then I'm happy with it, if it means replacing some of the existing competitions I think it would be better to include it in the existing recurve bow competitions.

As for the license pop ups, although I've been a member for quite a while now so it doesn't affect me personally, I think it's a big mistake. I played as a guest for about 3 months before deciding to invest in a license. The idea of doing this came in time, as I started to get accustomed and enjoyed the game more, and the final impulse came while playing the polar bear beta, when I could hunt all animals and test some better weapons and equipment. What I want to say with this is that the playing experience makes a player to see value in buying a membership. It's a process which takes time, more or less, depending on each player, but if you want to convert guests into members you have to keep them happy for long enough until that happens. Now, think of the experience a new player gets. One sees the first red deer. "Whoa, it's a red deer!!!" The next moment the license warning splashes on the screen. Click ok and... all immersion is gone. After 5 minutes the same thing. And so on. How long do you think a new player would take before getting exasperated and unhappy with the game? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have stayed around long enough to want to buy a membership if that would have been my initial playing experience. So, what to do about the "uninformed" new players? You could add the lists of available species and species without license on the loading screen, under the "Loading X Hunting Reserve" text. Another idea would be to move the info from the pop ups somewhere in a corner in such a way that it doesn't block the view and doesn't interfere with what the player is doing. Also there should not be necessary for the player to click the ok button, and this warning should be displayed only once per species during a hunt, at the first track/call/spotting. Of course these are just some suggestions, but there are more possibilities to do it.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”