Re: Status Update 23rd September 2016

Post by abslayer »

Welcome Moe
Ash1302
Scout

Post by Ash1302 »

Alena Rybik wrote:
BCKidd wrote:Thanks for the update and welcome to theHunter as an animator, Moe. I hope you find it to be a good move. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

And yes- when will the .340 be available. :P
Don't we have enough rifles already? ;)
We don't have enough .340! :lol:

Welcome Moe!
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

ramuncho wrote:Welcome Moe I wish you good luck...
Welcome to the forum ramuncho! :)

(a player since 7 years and a great contestant :))
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
wintergoose
Outfitter

Post by wintergoose »

Welcome to theHunter Moe
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Ravenousfox wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:If you have 1337 kills with the longbow at 100% kill rate, and I have less kills with any of my compounds and none are at 100% kill rate, how is that a disadvantage? You are obviously better with the long bow than I am with the compounds. ;)
:lol: Not talking about kill rate here. ;) I'm talking about the bow in general compared to compound bows, it doesn't even come close. I just used the Longbow as an example since the Cable-backed bow isn't allowed in those comps.
However the Cable-backed bow is another bow that doesn't go well against a compound bow. Makes for unfair competitions.
While your point makes sense IRL, in the game it doesn't really fit.

I would imagine many players feel using the scope on the x-Bow, or the 5 pin rangefinder sight on the parker gives an advantage, where for myself they are a disadvantage. The x-bow scope reduces the field of view, and using the 2 pins instead of the 4 dots is just as easy for me. The 5 pin rangefinder again blocks to much of the target, and the 3 pin site is again just as easy to use for me. So it is a personal thing whether one weapon or accessory gives an advantage or not.

The pulsar is clearly at a disadvantage of speed going from ranging to ready to release of all the bows, so should that be segregated out because of it?

Since most of the comps outcome is determined by the luck of the load, it then comes down to how good the player is with what ever weapon they choose. If you are better with the longbow than someone is with a compound, you have the advantage because you are better with your weapon then they are with theirs, regardless of the weapon.

Now if they want to add a few comps that are recurve only since we have several now, and add the longbow and cable back to them, that is fine. But to split up the comps to be more weapon specific, that puts a disadvantage to those that don't own everything, making it pay to compete/win.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

Well put Tom and I agree 100%
denver
Spotter

Post by denver »

Welcome Moe.
Are they also thinking of adding cougars to the Rockies.
Longmann
Scout

Post by Longmann »

Thanks for update. In my opinion pop-ups for guests on clues or calls would be just ok if they appeared 2 or 3 times instead of every 5 minutes but I'm sure you guys know better how to get more new hunters that will actually Alt+Tab and buy a licence.
Welcome Moe and good luck!
Spoiler:
We pray our sights be straight and our aim be true,
We pray for no pain to the game we pursue.
We thank you, Lord, for this land,
We thank you for the sights from our stands.
We pray for safety one and all,
We pray we may return next fall.
sepulsolja
Hunter

Post by sepulsolja »

Lawger wrote: Can't believe that reserve has sat there untouched and neglected since its release. It needs big game and antlered game.
Don't wanna "highjack" the thread or whatever they call it, but I have to agree with this statement. Been hoping for Axis/Fallow deer on that map since it's release. I was so let down by the kangaroo that I tried it a couple of times and never went back there again. No offence to the other payers that enjoy hunting those species, but it really does feel too empty. It's not just that there are only 4 animals to hunt on it, but the type as well. Some antlered game would revive that map on a whole new level. I feel theHunter team will eventually do something about it. It's the only reserve with such a low number of animals, while other great maps like HF and VDB have 6.

Moe; welcome to the team! Time to give the new birds AI a try. Can't wait for the Rockies!!
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

denver wrote:Are they also thinking of adding cougars to the Rockies.
Let me just read their minds for a minute.................................................... no they are not.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”