Status Update 23rd September 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Re: Status Update 23rd September 2016

Post by DHRifleman »

Firstly welcome Moe and looking forward to you contributions to the game.

Next as to the new recurve not being part of the comps that include the other recurves, Why? If it was done like the other bows in the game there is trade offs between power and spook factor that should balance them out. There should be no need to single it out, any more than singling out one compound from the rest.

Finally as for the new pop-up about licenses, I think there might be a few that it annoys enough to get them to purchase a membership, but most it will just annoy, chasing them away. Honestly I think they should be told once for any species they have no tag for, and that is it. Have it check their stats and if they have any tracking, or spotting credit, don't tell them again for that species.

Picture a new guest player hunting, and they come across an animal track they can't hunt. They click it, and it tells them about the license, and how to get it, and they read it and say OK, I will think about it. They continue to follow the track because they want to see what that animal looks like, and 5 minutes later they get the message again. They think yeah I know, click OK without reading more than just enough to see it is the same message. Then continue tracking the animal because they still want to see it. 5 minutes later the pop up again, and they think, what do you think I am stupid, or are you just trying to bug me enough to buy a license. They say, I am neither stupid, or will be strong armed, hit Esc and go play something else, or write a bad review on Steam.

It would be better to have the loading splash screen for guests say "Buy a membership, and get all animal licenses, and unlimited ammo for you weapons."
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

"you probably noticed that it’s slightly more powerful than other two Recurve Bows. Based on this, we were contemplating not allowing it for the same competitions, but instead creating a separate category for it."

Really good decision, you should also change the other bow comps too, have the Recurve/Longbow/Cable-backed bow/Compound bows all separate, because allowing the Longbow to be with Compound bows you know everyone is just going to use the Compound bows over using the Longbow. Thus making the Longbow left out and unfair to the few people that use the Longbow competing with Compound bow users (you have a real disadvantage in those comps.)
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Ravenousfox wrote:"you probably noticed that it’s slightly more powerful than other two Recurve Bows. Based on this, we were contemplating not allowing it for the same competitions, but instead creating a separate category for it."

Really good decision, you should also change the other bow comps too, have the Recurve/Longbow/Cable-backed bow/Compound bows all separate, because allowing the Longbow to be with Compound bows you know everyone is just going to use the Compound bows over using the Longbow. Thus making the Longbow left out and unfair to the few people that use the Longbow competing with Compound bow users (you have a real disadvantage in those comps.)
If you have 1337 kills with the longbow at 100% kill rate, and I have less kills with any of my compounds and none are at 100% kill rate, how is that a disadvantage? You are obviously better with the long bow than I am with the compounds. ;)
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

I think a recurve is a recurve, hence it should be at the same comps.
Compounds are different but for most comps any of them is permitted.
Spoiler:
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

DHRifleman wrote:If you have 1337 kills with the longbow at 100% kill rate, and I have less kills with any of my compounds and none are at 100% kill rate, how is that a disadvantage? You are obviously better with the long bow than I am with the compounds. ;)
:lol: Not talking about kill rate here. ;) I'm talking about the bow in general compared to compound bows, it doesn't even come close. I just used the Longbow as an example since the Cable-backed bow isn't allowed in those comps.
However the Cable-backed bow is another bow that doesn't go well against a compound bow. Makes for unfair competitions.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Flanker305
Trophy Hunter

Post by Flanker305 »

Thanks for the update!
Lawger
Hunter

Post by Lawger »

New content is always nice, but please don't forget about some of the old content. It would be relatively easy for you to introduce a couple of new species to BRR, which would make that one of the most exciting reserves in game rather than the desolate wasteland it is today. Can't believe that reserve has sat there untouched and neglected since its release. It needs big game and antlered game. If you would just introduce the water buffalo (based on the bison) and the fallow deer (based on existing deer models) it would be perfect. I'm refering to this thread: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=70063

(And before anyone says it: No, BRR isn't too dry for water buffalo. There's plenty of water in the middle of the map, and grass all around it. The fact that it's based on Western Australia rather than Northern Australia shouldn't stop them. Such discrepancies haven't bothered them in the past).
saldas1983
Hunter

Post by saldas1983 »

Is fixed tracking still broken?
ramuncho

Post by ramuncho »

Welcome Moe I wish you good luck...
phil1
Hunter

Post by phil1 »

Ptarmigeddon on Val De Bois.

I like the new Ptarmigan behaviour, but I think one aspect of it may be having unintended consequences. The wish to reform the flock after spooking seems to involve reforming on one of the dearly departed members of the group. Using the .22 Plinkington, it is possible to harvest the entire group. After each shot, the birds get airborne, fly around for a few seconds and then land amongst the dead ones, joining their ranks. I've had this happen on 2 flocks out of 2 that I've tried it on, with only the odd bird escaping the carnage.

(Ptarmigeddon - good name for a competition?)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”