Hunter

Re: Status Update 8th September 2016

Post by Dennis Borg »

It is a really nice reserve! :)

Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

Dennis Borg wrote:It is a really nice reserve! :)

MfG L.E. ;)

Flanker305
Trophy Hunter

Re: RE: Re: Status Update 8th September 2016

Post by Flanker305 »

I've been looking forward very much to a WIP video of the upcoming reserve. Can't remember that has been done before, and it's a smart move if you ask me.
People know now what the devs are busy with, and there is a good chance for feedback from the community.
Great job on the map so far, really looking forward to go out there.

Questions, apologies if they have already been asked before: what size will the map be, compared to the others?

I agree that some screens on the revamping would be awesome. Enough with the plastic bears, right?
JamboWhoDat wrote:I agree with players about the climbing mini-game. You can get rid of the climbing mini-game but keep the use of ropes. Let the ropes have the same functionality as tree stands. You can place them on rocky outcrops to climb cliff walls to the top. It works as short cut to the top. If people choose not to purchase ropes they can still get to the top but would have to take the long way around to get there.
Great suggestion, although I have no problem with the mini game.
Should be an easy option, satisfying a lot of people.

Thanks for the update!
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Flanker305 wrote:... Questions, apologies if they have already been asked before: what size will the map be, compared to the others? ....
"Rumors" (from previous Status updates) says that will be the biggest reserve, even bigger than RFF!
Spoiler:

SloNeZ
Scout

Post by SloNeZ »

I vote for dropping the climbing mini game. Personally I never liked the idea. And it only took two tries to cure me of ever bothering with it again, meaning no ropes for me.
If the mini game was gone I would start buying ropes and hunting the Ibex at some point. As of yet I have no interest.
Fellow player Reggy made a very compelling case for the removal of the mini game. I don't doubt he speaks for a large number of handicapped contributors to this hunting game who haven't as yet voiced their own opinion.
The most popular suggestion is making the ropes function like stands. And for me that makes the most sense. While it may be just a convenience for most, for some it will allow them to finally enjoy the Ibex portion of VDB without the frustration of not being able to get there due to their unique circumstances.
The WIP of the new reserve looked very good. I do agree with some of the comments regarding more color though. (as in late, rather than early fall) But it still looks good to me as is.
hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Post by hunterPRO1 »

JackRbbt wrote:
Flanker305 wrote:... Questions, apologies if they have already been asked before: what size will the map be, compared to the others? ....
"Rumors" (from previous Status updates) says that will be the biggest reserve, even bigger than RFF!
thought wrr was the biggest ?
"you win some, you lose some, you wreck some."
Spoiler:
DaiNochii
Spotter

Post by DaiNochii »

hunterPRO1 wrote:thought wrr was the biggest ?
Yep, Whiterime is bigger then Redfeathers, and the Rockies will be bigger then Whiterime.
Cutch
Master Competitor

Post by Cutch »

For over 30 years I visited Boulder, Montana each summmer for a couple weeks. I congratulate the Devs,
the map is very similar, in many ways, to Boulder, Montana which is located just east of the continental
divide. (The Rocky Mountains). From our motel, we could look west and see the Rocky Mountains.
Very nice video, I look forward to hunting this map :!: ;)
A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's:
She changes it more often.
Flanker305
Trophy Hunter

Post by Flanker305 »

DaiNochii wrote:
hunterPRO1 wrote:thought wrr was the biggest ?
Yep, Whiterime is bigger then Redfeathers, and the Rockies will be bigger then Whiterime.
That would make my day/year. :)
Flixyboy

Post by Flixyboy »

At 0:30 seconds you can hear the ibex noise/sounds they produce on VdB when in Idle mode, hopefully the bighorn sheep won't produce the same noise as the Alpine Ibex... :P

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”