Status Update 8th September 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Re: Status Update 8th September 2016

Post by DonderDeer »

Flixyboy wrote:At 0:30 seconds you can hear the ibex noise/sounds they produce on VdB when in Idle mode, hopefully the bighorn sheep won't produce the same noise as the Alpine Ibex... :P
That's ambient birdsong (I wish I knew what species), not ibex idle sounds.
homk
Buckkiller4
Hunter

Post by Buckkiller4 »

Does this mean it will soon be released?
MissIcewolf
Tracker

Post by MissIcewolf »

Will there be any callers for the bighorn? I really miss callers.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

MissIcewolf wrote:Will there be any callers for the bighorn? I really miss callers.
You don't call Bighorn. They can only be stalked. Bighorn Sheep callers don't exist as it is
MissIcewolf
Tracker

Post by MissIcewolf »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:
MissIcewolf wrote:Will there be any callers for the bighorn? I really miss callers.
You don't call Bighorn. They can only be stalked. Bighorn Sheep callers don't exist as it is
Aww, that's a shame. I really miss sitting and calling for animals. We really need a new kind of deer in the future!

Let's just hope the bighorn sheep isn't as skittish as the ibex, ugh.
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

MissIcewolf wrote:
BucksNBuffalo wrote:
Aww, that's a shame. I really miss sitting and calling for animals. We really need a new kind of deer in the future!

Well, the rocky mountain elk will probably be lured by the elk caller and the mule deer we already know can get called by the grunt caller. grizzly can probably be baited with the barrels. no attractions for white-tailed ptarmigan and bighorn sheep.

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
MissIcewolf
Tracker

Post by MissIcewolf »

killertut wrote:
MissIcewolf wrote:
BucksNBuffalo wrote: You don't call Bighorn. They can only be stalked. Bighorn Sheep callers don't exist as it is

Well, the rocky mountain elk will probably be lured by the elk caller and the mule deer we already know can get called by the grunt caller. grizzly can probably be baited with the barrels. no attractions for white-tailed ptarmigan and bighorn sheep.
Yeah, I know. But I wish for a new animal with a new caller! I like callers, haha :D

By the way, does the rocky mountain elk look any different to the roosevelt one? When I google it, it looks pretty much the same.
Wetland
Outfitter

Post by Wetland »

I AGREE that the Video of the New Rocky Mountain Reserve is UNBELIEVABLE!!! Just got a New Windows 10 Computer and can't wait to Hunt this BEAUTIFUL map which I'm sure will become my Favorite Reserve.

Wetland :D
jim1965
Scout

Post by jim1965 »

So beautiful. Eagerly to hunt in this reserve
Dirtclod
Outfitter

Post by Dirtclod »

MissIcewolf wrote:
killertut wrote:
MissIcewolf wrote:

Yeah, I know. But I wish for a new animal with a new caller! I like callers, haha :D

By the way, does the rocky mountain elk look any different to the roosevelt one? When I google it, it looks pretty much the same.
Longer tines for one. Rocky mountain elk have more impressive antlers. In IMO. Lighter in color too with a very light rump. "largest antlers of all subspecies" from http://www.rmef.org/ElkFacts.aspx

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”