Status Update 8th September 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Re: Status Update 8th September 2016

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Actually, I think they should put the Roosevelt antlers on the Rocky Mountain elk and make new antlers for the Roosevelt. Roosevelt elk have smaller frames than Rocky Mountain elk, but are heavier, often with palmation. They also tend to get more irregularities such as crowns, stickers, etc. as opposed to Rocky Mountain elk.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

MissIcewolf wrote:Will there be any callers for the bighorn? I really miss callers.
You can call Ibex, and probably Big Horn Sheep, by repeatedly banging your head against your monitor.... :P
Personal Bests...
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

It looks like the new reserve is pretty much everything we had hoped it would be. It's beautiful, a true likeness of the real thing.

But please, before it's released, consider adding the iconic AZURE BLUE COLORATION to the glacier fed lakes and rivers, which is what makes them so unique and aesthetically pleasing. Hopefully this isn't something that cannot be changed before launch, or after for that matter, because of difficulties in recreating the effect, like the 'clowny' obstacle? It is too important to leave out, because it completes the picture. Just think how much that one single detail will transform the final product.

Very beautiful so far, almost perfect. Thank you for all the hard work and dedication, and the updates.
ShawnG

Post by ShawnG »

It would be awesome if there was a glacier fed lake(s) somewhere in the reserve. I don't think that's the predominant nature of most lakes and ponds in the rockies though, even if there are quite a few extremely beautiful ones. I certainly wouldn't want ALL the water colored like that.
16heurdumat
Spotter

Post by 16heurdumat »

I can't wait for this beautifull réserve, it's amazing.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:Actually, I think they should put the Roosevelt antlers on the Rocky Mountain elk and make new antlers for the Roosevelt. Roosevelt elk have smaller frames than Rocky Mountain elk, but are heavier, often with palmation. They also tend to get more irregularities such as crowns, stickers, etc. as opposed to Rocky Mountain elk.
You are absolutely correct and we've discussed this idea (putting Roosevelt antlers on Rocky Mountain elk and making new antlers for Roosevelt), since it would make a lot of sense. Unfortunately, that would mean that leaderboards and such will become messed up and inconsistent. Our artists are working on finding a solution for this.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

OMG... Does that mean it's our last chance to become member of the club 400 for roosevelt elk? And I just shot a 394 a few days ago... :?

Seriously, all reality and taxonomical considerations aside I don't like the fact that the number of (sub)species seems to increase exponentially. In the last 12 months (correct me if I'm wrong), we have gotten 9 new species and we will have four more when the new reserve is released. While I like the variety, it's impossible for someone with a regular amount of free time for gaming to keep up with the tracking and spotting skills. I'd like it if those were shared between similar species - like bears, foxes, ptarmigans, ducks, rabbits/hares etc... Skill progression is insanely slow in this game anyway and it's not getting better now. To be honest I'd rather relinquish realism and have one and the same subspecies of elk in the existing and the new reserve. I know that's probably a very controversial topic, especially for the realism seeking real life hunters, but that's how I see it.

To be completely honest, I'd trade gameplay improvements (animal AI!) for more and more species and reserves at any time. Still, the Rockies look gorgeous, no doubt... :)
Image Image Image
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Alena Rybik wrote:You are absolutely correct and we've discussed this idea (putting Roosevelt antlers on Rocky Mountain elk and making new antlers for Roosevelt), since it would make a lot of sense. Unfortunately, that would mean that leaderboards and such will become messed up and inconsistent. Our artists are working on finding a solution for this.
It would not be the first time where antlers are downsized. I season 7 the blacktail antlers were cut short by quite a bit. Also with the introduction of TruRACS, most top scores changed. I don't think this would be the main issue. I would more see an emotional issue when downsizing the Roosevelt that exists in three areas already and is one of the major attractions for the players.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

Alena Rybik wrote:
InstinctiveArcher wrote:Actually, I think they should put the Roosevelt antlers on the Rocky Mountain elk and make new antlers for the Roosevelt. Roosevelt elk have smaller frames than Rocky Mountain elk, but are heavier, often with palmation. They also tend to get more irregularities such as crowns, stickers, etc. as opposed to Rocky Mountain elk.
You are absolutely correct and we've discussed this idea (putting Roosevelt antlers on Rocky Mountain elk and making new antlers for Roosevelt), since it would make a lot of sense. Unfortunately, that would mean that leaderboards and such will become messed up and inconsistent. Our artists are working on finding a solution for this.
I would have no problem with this. It's more realistic and Leaderboards will be fine once a new season starts. If it makes a lot of sense it's probably the right thing to do.
Would love to see more realistic red deer antlers too, even if that meens a smaller rack/score.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I think that it would be great. Some dark, heavily palmated antlers would be awesome! The world record Boone and Crockett Roosevelt elk
Is 404, so there would still be a chance to make the 400's club. The Rocky Mountain elk would just be the ones to offer the 420+ racks from here on out.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”