Status Update 25th August 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
butter8808
Hunter

Re: Status Update 25th August 2016

Post by butter8808 »

Wow, wow and wow! That is all I can say to those screen shots. It's like the team was taking pictures from the mountains in my back yard. The gold of the Quakies and the orange of the oaks is what I am looking at out my window right now. Visually perfect from what I can see in the pics. You guys are the best.
mikeman1
Scout

Post by mikeman1 »

Looking at the terrain on the map I would guess the white patch East of RFF and South of WRR.
Code: Select all

hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Post by hunterPRO1 »

looks good, now lets hope wrr mistakes arent repeated, things have been being MUCH smoother lately but this is the first reserve since things really took a turn for the better.
"you win some, you lose some, you wreck some."
Spoiler:
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

ColoradoKid wrote:Alena,

Thanks for the update - Beautiful screenshots of the new reserve. Very nice.

Regarding the Black Bear textures - could I request that we get an true rare for the black bear? As in the past, I suggest one that I call a Colorado Golden (Hey- wouldnt this look good walking the Rocky Mountain reserve?)

It is a combination of black, blonde and chocolate. I will add a picture of one taken in Colorado. Something like this would be fantastic to hunt and hope for- it could breath new life (and add more $ in bait sales) into the bear hunting.

If there is any time to add a new bear color - it is while they are working on them. The Glacier is an uncommon and it is a good looking bear. But a true rare would be great for the black bear.

Thanks,

The Kid
+1

I really, really love this idea. Especially if it were exclusive to this map. Assuming of course, that there are black bears on the Rocky Mountain reserve. :)
pheonixflames
Scout

Post by pheonixflames »

The reserve looks fantastic! I can't wait to hunt on it.
The bear revamp is very good news, they really needed it.
nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

I didn't think anyone mentioned it, but I apprexiate devs takikg time and slowing down on the willow ptarmigans. I would gladly have a well thought out flawless late release then an online rushed buggy release. So I just wanted to say good job devs :D
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Thanks for your heart-warming comments everyone :)
DYEUZ wrote:Any name for them rockies ? I mean, is there a name picked already for the new reserve ? or will it be called , The Rockies ?
There is an old tradition in the community to have a reserve naming competition ;) You can already start thinking about the name, the official thread will be posted later, when we announce the species.
whiteonyx wrote: You're really doing great, all you good people at EW :D keep it up
Thank you, we are trying really hard to break the vicious circle of the autumn-winter 2015 and make a better, more enjoyable game, and it is super inspiring to see how responsive and supportive you are. The whole team is now really enjoying to come to the forums and discuss what we read during our morning stand-ups. Thank you, once again, to sticking with theHunter for better and for worse <3
Dirtclod wrote:
Great news about the bears but don't forget about the "vultures" too. Maybe that's a bit harsh. ;) Doesn't change the fact that the turkeys need some graphical love.

Great update. Thanks.
Turkeys would be next, at least in my book. Although to be honest, I think a part of their charm is that they are so, so hideous.
Prinz1989 wrote:
maros.kuzar wrote:This is going to be my new favourite reserve! Well done ;-)

Oh please, make the new reserve well optimized, not like WrR or BrR...
+1 When I saw those screenshots i thought "great! :) ... I need a new pc :cry:"
Unfortunately, with newer, more complex and beautiful reserves it is getting more and more difficult (if not impossible) for us to "optimize" for older PCs, so I am afraid it is going to be a problem with this reserve as well. Technology develops way to fast and we have to continue evolving with it. In the game development you can not continue creating the same level of product for years, otherwise you will go out of business in a heartbeat.
Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

Alena, could you be so kind and ask a programmer if it is possible to change the lighting on Hirschfelden without creating too much trouble.

Hirschfelden is a fantastic reserve and it really deserves better visual quality.

Thank you.

MfG L.E.

JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

The third picture name is "hiking trail Aspen". So, is Colorado! But, sorry to say that, i am not billionaire to go to Aspen! :mrgreen:
Spoiler:

Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Oswald74 wrote:Alena, could you be so kind and ask a programmer if it is possible to change the lighting on Hirschfelden without creating too much trouble.

Hirschfelden is a fantastic reserve and it really deserves better visual quality.

Thank you.

MfG L.E.
I will bring it up internally but i can't promise anything yet, since I am not sure what would be involved into changing it.
JackRbbt wrote:The third picture name is "hiking trail Aspen". So, is Colorado! But, sorry to say that, i am not billionaire to go to Aspen! :mrgreen:
I believe aspen here means trees :D

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”