Status Update 25th August 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
RogerYar
Tracker

Re: Status Update 25th August 2016

Post by RogerYar »

RichardTheHunter wrote:is that a blacktail moose :P
The sika deer (Cervus nippon) also known as the spotted deer or the Japanese deer, is a species of deer native to much of East Asia, and introduced to various other parts of the world. Previously found from northern Vietnam in the south to the Russian Far East in the north,[1] it is now uncommon in these areas, excluding Japan, where the species is overabundant.
Not to be confused with Sitka deer. :)
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

RichardTheHunter wrote:
RogerYar wrote:What about the deer like these? We will see them in the game?

is that a blacktail moose :P
It's a Fallow Deer
Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

BucksNBuffalo wrote: It's a Fallow Deer
No, Roe Deer are "Follow Deer"!

MfG L.E. ;)

Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

"We are aware that the tracking is a bit broken right now and are working on it. Next week we are planning to present a delicious patch with fixes and of course some new stuff, so make sure to be there when we spill the beans."

It's tuesday already, give me the patch. ;)
Flepp89

Post by Flepp89 »

No. On the picture is a Fallow Deer!
Sika Deer has other antlers! The antlers of Sika are more like Red Deer Antlers but smaller and Fallow Deers Antlers are more like Moose Antlers but smaller. ;)
RogerYar
Tracker

Post by RogerYar »

Flepp89 wrote:No. On the picture is a Fallow Deer!
Sika Deer has other antlers! The antlers of Sika are more like Red Deer Antlers but smaller and Fallow Deers Antlers are more like Moose Antlers but smaller. ;)
you're right :)
wiizzi
Scout

Post by wiizzi »

RichardTheHunter wrote:
RogerYar wrote:What about the deer like these? We will see them in the game?

is that a blacktail moose :P
hahahaha. LOOOOL :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

TheSpecter
Scout

Post by TheSpecter »

DHRifleman wrote:
TheSpecter wrote:Just out of curiosity, will the new reserve involve climbing? Would be a bummer to indulge in anticipation for a reserve, that would be a non-starter from my point of view. I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but the climbing already pretty much ruined VdB for me, and I'd rather not have that happen to another reserve. Especially not such a beautiful one, the screenshots are looking fantastic - hats off to the team. Would be interesting btw to know whether I'm the only one loathing the climbing feature, so feedback would be welcome.

To avoid misunderstandings, I do not object against the need of buing climbing gear, that's fine by me. What I actually don't like, to say the least, is the "mini game". Of course, I do understand the business side of it - selling first aid packs. Maybe a second type of climbing gear could be created, one that's more expensive than the standard issue, but will get you up without the "mini game" by simply using it via context menu (similar to that of e. g. the tripod). Or create a consumable, say magnesia powder, like the camping supplies that allows for skipping the "mini game" and is used up in the process. I'd gladly accept either solution, if I'm in turn no longer forced to waste time and effort for something that imho has nothing at all to do with hunting in the first place. No offence meant, of course, just my two cents.

And thanks a lot for the revamp of my favourite animals in the game - the bears. Can't wait to see them in all their new glory. :D
While I have had no problem doing the mini game, I do not think it added anything to the game. It seems most that can do it easily still employ tents as there is no real challenge to the climbing, just a delay in the actual hunting in the game. The others that have problems doing it, just don't use it at all. Personally I think just deploying the ropes should allow you to use the e key to go up or down, and the mini game should be scrapped.

If there are some that would still want the mini game, then a toggle on/off should be added for those that do want to do it. I do think most would turn it off, and then just place ropes in every location and go about hunting which is what the game is about. As for lost sales in med kits, the higher up players go, the chance of falling is increased, so I see no loss there.

I would have no problem seeing ropes on the new reserve, just as long as the mini game was not needed.

New reserve is looking nice, and great news about the bears.
Couldn't agree more. Frankly, I don't think EW is going to change anything about it, though. Seems like the majority has no problem with the mini game, at least there's few complaints in the forum, and the devs certainly have more than enough on their plate already without catering for my clumsiness. :lol:

Would be interesting to hear from Alena or the devs, if they see any problem there or maybe even plan changes with regard to climbing, though...
KCROWE
Tracker

Post by KCROWE »

Great news about the bears and the new reserve looks stunning!!! Keep up the great work guys

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”