Status Update 11th August 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Androssi
Spotter

Re: Status Update 11th August 2016

Post by Androssi »

I really hope we get buggies or carts. Whiterime burns 20 minutes easily to just go to where I want to hunt on the map. This will be the biggest map ever? Only exacerbates the problem. Our 5 tent limit gets stretched thin too.
TundraPuppy
Outfitter

Post by TundraPuppy »

Androssi wrote:I really hope we get buggies or carts. Whiterime burns 20 minutes easily to just go to where I want to hunt on the map. This will be the biggest map ever? Only exacerbates the problem. Our 5 tent limit gets stretched thin too.
We really should get the tent limit raised anyway. More tents = more $$$ for EW, and more quality-of-life for us.
Am I doing a good job? I thrive on feedback! Please PM me, or my bosses Alena Rybik or Tod1d with comments, criticisms, or accolades!
Dirtclod
Outfitter

Post by Dirtclod »

Africa is a bit like what the AR-15 was. Not something they probably want to tackle but it will happen. Will the next reserve be Africa? :lol: Who knows but I like hearing that it will be the biggest reserve yet with vast vistas. Hmmmm. Does make one wonder. ;)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I'm also not a fan of the tendency to make the reserves bigger and bigger. WRR is huge, but a significant part isn't accessible (or if you find a way up, there's no animals). You have to walk very long distances, but do not really have more interesting areas to hunt compared to Whitehart Island. For me it's like a book with 1000 pages and after you read it, you think the story was decent, but it would have fit into 300 pages as well.

One advantage is of course that it's easier to play multiplayer with a lot of people without getting into each other's way.
Image Image Image
reve
Spotter

Post by reve »

BCKidd wrote:Alaska and the Yukon- have woodland Bison too. The .340 Weatherby bolt is used a lot in both places, for the Kodiak (Really big Grizzly-bigger than the browns we have now). So, the .340 may very well be a big hint- and yes, it could be used in Africa too. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.
Safari Animals / Big FOUR(Buffalo, lion, leopard and elephant): Minimum caliber (by law): .375 H & H(Holland&Holland). Recommended are stronger caliber .404 Jeffery or .416 Rigby.
.340 caliber is too weak in real life. I think the new reserve is not Africa.

reve
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
butter8808
Hunter

Post by butter8808 »

You want speculation, I will give you speculation. I speculate that if the new reserve isn't Rocky Mtn or desert landscape, I might lose my mind. I speculate that there is a good chance it will be a European reserve, which is fine if we get chamois, mouflon, and fallow deer, is there anywhere over there where you get all 3 of those? I also speculate that wherever it is it will be freaking awesome.
Epona142
Scout

Post by Epona142 »

I have been waiting for a prairie map with pronghorn and whatever else they'd like to throw in - maybe mule, coyote, hares?

Would not be adverse to an African map, especially with such a long list of areas/species to choose from.

Rocky Mountains might be fun too.

I suppose whatever arrives, I'll be there.

Do wish BRR would get some attention....axis and feral goats would liven that map up nicely.
ElusiveShadow
Outfitter

Post by ElusiveShadow »

I'm really not too fussed where the new map is set to be honest.

My one hope is that it launches with multiple new animals. Not reskins, not animals that are on half a dozen other maps...properly new animals. I'd happily have them take longer to be able to launch a map with 4 original animals on it.

The last thing I want from the game when it finally ends: An offline, single player version.
MissIcewolf
Tracker

Post by MissIcewolf »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I'm also not a fan of the tendency to make the reserves bigger and bigger. WRR is huge, but a significant part isn't accessible (or if you find a way up, there's no animals). You have to walk very long distances, but do not really have more interesting areas to hunt compared to Whitehart Island. For me it's like a book with 1000 pages and after you read it, you think the story was decent, but it would have fit into 300 pages as well.

One advantage is of course that it's easier to play multiplayer with a lot of people without getting into each other's way.
So much this! I've never been exploring whole Whiterime Ridge. It's just too big!

I'd like the new maps to be a tad smaller.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

reve wrote:
BCKidd wrote:Alaska and the Yukon- have woodland Bison too. The .340 Weatherby bolt is used a lot in both places, for the Kodiak (Really big Grizzly-bigger than the browns we have now). So, the .340 may very well be a big hint- and yes, it could be used in Africa too. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.
Safari Animals / Big FOUR(Buffalo, lion, leopard and elephant): Minimum caliber (by law): .375 H & H(Holland&Holland). Recommended are stronger caliber .404 Jeffery or .416 Rigby.
.340 caliber is too weak in real life. I think the new reserve is not Africa.

reve
I did check on this, and you are completely right... So let's hope for a Rocky mountain reserve. I'm not a fan of an African map anyway. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”