Re: Status Update 11th August 2016

Post by Misstik »

No Alena today? hope she's well :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Misstik wrote:No Alena today? hope she's well :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
No Alena today! But don't worry, she's well and I'm sure she'll answer our questions next week. ;)
Image Image Image
pnShen
Hunter

Post by pnShen »

MissIcewolf wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:I'm also not a fan of the tendency to make the reserves bigger and bigger. WRR is huge, but a significant part isn't accessible (or if you find a way up, there's no animals). You have to walk very long distances, but do not really have more interesting areas to hunt compared to Whitehart Island. For me it's like a book with 1000 pages and after you read it, you think the story was decent, but it would have fit into 300 pages as well.

One advantage is of course that it's easier to play multiplayer with a lot of people without getting into each other's way.
So much this! I've never been exploring whole Whiterime Ridge. It's just too big!

I'd like the new maps to be a tad smaller.
Space (size of an area) or person's experience about the size of an area is relative. (by architectural conception). The visibility and the route the person is forced to take is a huge factor. Open areas (like WR) need to be huge, because it can be explored (with the eye) fast. in slashed, comlex space (forest, bushes, rocks, thing blocking the path or visibility) the person has to walk a lot to explore it. So the huge map size is required if the visibility is good. The best example is the cilinder and the torus. Even if their outer radius is equal, the torus formed space is experienced bigger.
nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

Excited to see what this reserve is all about... being a fan of big reserves i may really like this one
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

Lawger wrote:
waiora wrote:I still hope we see africa but at the same time I hope we never see anything from the big 5 other than buffalo. There is loads of awesome antelope and smaller predators to choose from. What ever they add is fine tho, new species is nice, just hope there is no repeat of last year and that the missions/competitions for them dont come nearly a year later :D
I don't quite understand the aversion against big 5. Like I've said before, none of them are endangered. They all have the same conservation status as polar bears or bison, but arguably better managed in most places. They are also the most iconic huntable species in the world and have been for the past 200 years at least. This game needs them, or at least 2-3 of them IMO.
My aversion stems not from them being endangered.
I like the game to be somewhat realistic so lions and leopards would have to sleep ~75% of the time. So hunting would be sneaking up to them while they rest under a tree and then blast them away. Not very exciting. Also they can't be the hyper aggresive predators that people wish for.

Rinos, Elephants and Buffalos wouldn't be too shy, so on an open Savanna map you would spot them easily from 200m away run a 100m closer for better gun performance and shoot. Again not very exciting.
I do like the Bison because it's a fun and unique gameplay. The only true new hunting experience WRR added. And an African map sure could use a Buffalo but to have at least 3 animals this big on one map would make it feel like arcade shooting. You will go through your 30 shots in 90mins without taking risks. And then people want Hippos and Giraffe too...

So my aversion stems from the fear that the game will go of the tracks with the big five or it would be a very dull map.
Slatkus
Hunter

Post by Slatkus »

Prinz1989 wrote: Rinos, Elephants and Buffalos wouldn't be too shy, so on an open Savanna map you would spot them easily from 200m away run a 100m closer for better gun performance and shoot. Again not very exciting.
I do like the Bison because it's a fun and unique gameplay. The only true new hunting experience WRR added. And an African map sure could use a Buffalo but to have at least 3 animals this big on one map would make it feel like arcade shooting. You will go through your 30 shots in 90mins without taking risks. And then people want Hippos and Giraffe too...
What is a difference in running and gunning Bison and Moose in WRR and doing the same with Rhinos, Elephants in Africa reserve?
Jalio
Tracker

Post by Jalio »

If it's an African reserve then you'd have game that can actually be hunted on there. Otherwise it's pretty silly.
Sylirian
Spotter

Post by Sylirian »

Misstik wrote:No Alena today? hope she's well :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Maybe she is in vacation this friday ^^

This job must be exhausting for her, because customers have as a community of players who are never satisfied, aged 7 to 77 from many cultures and countries .... The vacations should be a matter of survival!
;)
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

TundraPuppy wrote:We really should get the tent limit raised anyway. More tents = more $$$ for EW, and more quality-of-life for us.
This will be a necessary upgrade if the new reserve is even bigger than WRR, and such an easy fix. I can't really think of a good reason why not to implement this. Double the tent limit please!
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

Slatkus wrote:
Prinz1989 wrote: Rinos, Elephants and Buffalos wouldn't be too shy, so on an open Savanna map you would spot them easily from 200m away run a 100m closer for better gun performance and shoot. Again not very exciting.
What is a difference in running and gunning Bison and Moose in WRR and doing the same with Rhinos, Elephants in Africa reserve?
Thats my point there wouldn't be much of a difference and I think one or two species like this are enough. Otherwise we might call the game "target practice" and not "the hunter".

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”