Summer Fiesta 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: Summer Fiesta 2016

Post by Hawkeye »

I am 100% in favor of losing the MP competitions for special events. There is way too much opportunity for shenanigans. I think this one ended up worse because it lasted far longer than any normal competition & event. It might not make much difference in a 2-3 day comp, but when you stretch it out over 4 weeks, the "cream" rises to the top, so to speak. IMO, the events need the least opportunity for cheating/rigging, etc, and that means they need to be limited to SP competitions. Just reading through this thread, it's evident that people have different ideas as to what constitutes cheating in the first place. Whatever your opinions might be, there is no doubt that there is significantly more opportunity for players to cheat in MP that would not be possible in SP hunts. It is even unfortunate for those players that place or win legitimately that the competition is tainted by cheaters & exploiters.

I urge EW to find another solution for gamers that want MP competitions. Laura Francese is great, but needs something else to go along with it, without sacrificing the existing SP competition system. Appease this group another way & give your future events some integrity.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I agree with what you wrote there, Hawkeye. The SF 2016 was a fun comp, but it did last a wee bit too long. I knew I'd never make 1-3 but it was still fun competing and, congrats to those that won their divisions. Now it is off to Daviolympics... ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
wiizzi
Scout

Post by wiizzi »

wiizzi wrote:last attempt on VDB. at 5th harvest got 181 one. best of the week xD
4 hours of play. killed 60 animals. no big animals. of all species. 26 fox and bear. 220 red deer and 181 roe deer. dont know.xD
disapointed with my luck xD

wiizzi
Scout

Post by wiizzi »

wiizzi wrote:
wiizzi wrote:last attempt on VDB. at 5th harvest got 181 one. best of the week xD
4 hours of play. killed 60 animals. no big animals. of all species. 26 fox and bear. 220 red deer and 181 roe deer. dont know.xD
disapointed with my luck xD
hundred hours or more played this comp. 13 place xD Gratz winners.

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Am I the only one who has noticed the irony; the largest division of competitors is the Rookie Division (non-members) with 710 participants, and the leader has a far and away better score than any member in any division. In fact, 20th place in that division is 659 points better than the leader of the Elite Division.

Pooh pooh it all you want. They get better spawns, and better results, and IMHO it is on purpose by EW.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
ForstHeld
Outfitter

Post by ForstHeld »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Am I the only one who has noticed the irony; the largest division of competitors is the Rookie Division (non-members) with 710 participants, and the leader has a far and away better score than any member in any division. In fact, 20th place in that division is 659 points better than the leader of the Elite Division.

Pooh pooh it all you want. They get better spawns, and better results, and IMHO it is on purpose by EW.
Maybe thats because they have other animals and a EU Rabbit can score up to 2.500 ;-)
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

ForstHeld wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:Am I the only one who has noticed the irony; the largest division of competitors is the Rookie Division (non-members) with 710 participants, and the leader has a far and away better score than any member in any division. In fact, 20th place in that division is 659 points better than the leader of the Elite Division.

Maybe thats because they have other animals and a EU Rabbit can score up to 2.500 ;-)
Hey, don't let details & facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory. :D
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

Wow, even reading only parts of this thread raises my impression that some people really take such competitions extremely serious...

I hunted it also for a while to have a motivation for going out and looking for some challenge, but it was obvious for me from day one that unless you are in a circle of trusty mutual supporters, have extraordinaly luck, or invest an insane amout of time, you have no chance for a top position.

But honestly, what else is a competition all about? If you want to give the casual player the same chance as a grinder, you have boil the objectives down to pure luck, and then you could roll the dice right away and save a lot of time :lol:

I personally think that such competitions are first and foremost a nice win situation for the Company as they always attract many people, keep them playing, suffering, enjoying, and discussing. And all that only about pixels - but admittedly very nicely arranged ones. :D

By the way: That was an extremely good one :lol: :lol: :lol: :
Hawkeye wrote:Hey, don't let details & facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory. :D
RichardTheHunter
Scout

Post by RichardTheHunter »

MonacoSteve wrote:Wow, even reading only parts of this thread raises my impression that some people really take such competitions extremely serious...

I hunted it also for a while to have a motivation for going out and looking for some challenge, but it was obvious for me from day one that unless you are in a circle of trusty mutual supporters, have extraordinaly luck, or invest an insane amout of time, you have no chance for a top position.

But honestly, what else is a competition all about? If you want to give the casual player the same chance as a grinder, you have boil the objectives down to pure luck, and then you could roll the dice right away and save a lot of time :lol:

I personally think that such competitions are first and foremost a nice win situation for the Company as they always attract many people, keep them playing, suffering, enjoying, and discussing. And all that only about pixels - but admittedly very nicely arranged ones. :D

By the way: That was an extremely good one :lol: :lol: :lol: :
Hawkeye wrote:Hey, don't let details & facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory. :D

i guess i have an extraordinary luck because i finished 3rd place with only playing SP games :D

my 4th place curse has been broken :D
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Hello everyone! What a nice ride we have had, albeit a bit bumpy in the beginning.

Here are the leaderboards for all the divisions:

Summer Fiesta 2016: Rookie Division
Summer Fiesta 2016: Division 1
Summer Fiesta 2016: Division 2
Summer Fiesta 2016: Division 3
Summer Fiesta 2016: Division 4
Summer Fiesta 2016: Division 5
Summer Fiesta 2016: Division 6
Summer Fiesta 2016: Division 7
Summer Fiesta 2016: Elite Division

Congratulations to all the winners, enjoy your rewards, and thank you to everyone who hunted with us in this Summer Fiesta event!

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”