Crash Update - Workaround Test

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Cogsy666
Outfitter

Re: Crash Update - Workaround Test

Post by Cogsy666 »

Alena Rybik wrote:We are preparing it as we speak.
Putting my .exe back to default now then ready :)
Rares So Far 129
Non-Typicals So Far 24
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Cogsy666 wrote:
Alena Rybik wrote:We are preparing it as we speak.
Putting my .exe back to default now then ready :)
Same, but will not lie. I am quite wary and skeptical at the moment. We shall see, DLing the official patch now.
Rumpingkadoo

Post by Rumpingkadoo »

Just wanted to thank all of those who worked on this fix. A round of applause and an enormous amount of appreciation on behalf of us lesser mortals.
T H A N K Y O U - Excellent job! and a virtual basket of fruit for PrettyBoy :D
Jimbodaddy
Tracker

Post by Jimbodaddy »

Alena Rybik wrote:Important information for everyone who has the workaround .exe file installed: there will be a game patch later today, please follow the instructions in the OP on how to revert the fix back BEFORE the patch tries to download.
phil1 wrote:Does this fix mean that XP and Vista users could have kept playing the game?
No, XP is not supported by Microsoft any more and Vista is soon to follow. We would have to drop support for them sooner or later, regardless.

oh no. got this message after the the game automatically started its new patch down load. the original hunter.exe was not put back in time. :o
a full installation is know being downloaded . any ideas???? Will this be ok? or will i be sent to computer hell?? :D i am running windows 10.
Last edited by Jimbodaddy on July 13th, 2016, 10:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Daugr
Scout

Post by Daugr »

damn steam auto update couldn't change before I got the new patch ... now I get the message "could not connect to game server" dobn't tell me I have to reinstall the game now.

that's so typical for me i thought to me today 'Hey ... give the workaround a chance .... yay, that works fantastic' few houres of hunting on wrr later ... " cool an update, lets see what it can ... reading 'DO NOT INSTALL BEFOTE...' "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" *facepalm*
Cartoon Head
Hunter

Post by Cartoon Head »

This is what I am worried about, if steam updates automatically how can I sort this out before the update starts?
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

Cartoon Head wrote:This is what I am worried about, if steam updates automatically how can I sort this out before the update starts?
1) change the .exe
2) start steam

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
Daugr
Scout

Post by Daugr »

killertut wrote:
Cartoon Head wrote:This is what I am worried about, if steam updates automatically how can I sort this out before the update starts?
1) change the .exe
2) start steam
XD I would have done that if I would have had the chance for it before ;)
Dirtclod
Outfitter

Post by Dirtclod »

JimboCrow wrote:
Alena Rybik wrote:Important information for everyone who has the workaround .exe file installed: there will be a game patch later today, please follow the instructions in the OP on how to revert the fix back BEFORE the patch tries to download.
Thank you for the head's up.

Dang. Glad I checked this thread. Thanks.
Sal_Monella

Post by Sal_Monella »

caledonianblues wrote: Acknowledgements
On behalf of the community I would like to acknowledge Pretty_Boy for discovering and sharing this solution. I would also like to acknowledge the group of players who put in lots of effort and tested this workaround, as well as John (Fletchette) for his help with rolling the solution out and coordinating testing with other players.
I'm glad this is finally being implemented, but I actually discovered this some time ago and shared it several times over the past couple of years in as many places as I could think of, including:

- Support Request #37658 - Change theHunter.exe to be Large Address Aware to prevent crashes (October 1, 2014);
- Forum Post: Board index\Bug Reports\Miscellaneous\Re: Game Crashes (http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 38#p746838) (November 21, 2015);
- 2016 Annual Player Survey, (April 2016).

Would anyone care to tell me what else I should have done to get this taken more seriously?

Soren
Sal_Monella
Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”