Crash Update - Workaround Test

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Re: Crash Update - Workaround Test

Post by BuiuRei »

JimboCrow wrote:Tell you what, I'm just grateful these fellows came up with that fix. It is just so good to be able to play without that friggin' vulture skulking over my head everywhere I go. I like WRR, I always have, and I'm finally getting a chance to play it again.

Say, does anyone know if XXINTIMID8ORXX (Tony, I think) knows about the fix? I don't believe I've seen any posts by him about it. Maybe he's on hiatus?

KCCO.
He's not playing regularly since the begining of the year.
Spoiler:
phil1
Hunter

Post by phil1 »

Does this fix mean that XP and Vista users could have kept playing the game?
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

phil1 wrote:Does this fix mean that XP and Vista users could have kept playing the game?
That's a really good question, tough to say really. The only thing I know for sure is that EW dropped support for both OS's, so whether the fix would of worked or not is unknown.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

phil1 wrote:Does this fix mean that XP and Vista users could have kept playing the game?
Certainly not XP.....If memory serves me, the XP problem was related to some updated modules in the game calling core Windows Kernel32.dll functions that don't exist in XP. This is why they couldn't even start the game, and would see error messages like "entry point could not be found in XXXXXX.dll".

It may be the same for Vista, but I don't remember for sure.

BTW, I believe that Google Chrome dropped support for XP and VISTA a few months ago, and those people can't update to Chrome 50 and above.
Personal Bests...
grancazador
Scout

Post by grancazador »

First , thanks to everyone who has worked on this fix to the crashes problems we have , I install the UHC PATCHER 3 days ago and I played the game
with CERO crash, before can't play for more them 10 minutes hunt.
Thanks again and happy hunting folks.
Spoiler:
Buena Caza
Jimbodaddy
Tracker

Post by Jimbodaddy »

Well well well. I think its fixed. Wife (Auryona)and I were hunting WRR,I have the workaround patch she did not.
I hunted for approximately 6 hrs with no problems and quit the hunt on my own.
Auryona's hunt crashed. so we installed the patch to her game. so far so good.

Good Job Guys.

Oh and thanks for the prize .223 semi automatic rifle and scope.
I love it.So far there are a lot of Arctic fox's that don't . :lol:
thanks again, to caledonianblues

Jimbodaddy1
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Important information for everyone who has the workaround .exe file installed: there will be a game patch later today, please follow the instructions in the OP on how to revert the fix back BEFORE the patch tries to download.
No, XP is not supported by Microsoft any more and Vista is soon to follow. We would have to drop support for them sooner or later, regardless.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Thanks for the heads-up Alena!

Will the patch include the fix? If not, can we apply it again afterwards? Do we have to wait until David has uploaded a new version of the fix?
Image Image Image
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

What happens when there is a game patch?
If you are running a patched version of the game executable, then by default a game patch will fail. Given that there is a game patch scheduled for later today anyone with the patched version of the game executable should carry out one of the following actions BEFORE they open the launcher for the first time after the patch.

Option 1
Use the link above to download an installer file which will restore the game executable file to its original state.

Option 2
Use the link above to download the original "unpatched" game executable file.

If you use option 2 you need to copy the unpatched game executable to your game folder. Here are some of the default installation locations (if you have installed the game on a different drive or in a different directory you should navigate accordingly):

Code: Select all

Non-Steam Version
C:\Program Files (x86)\theHunter\game

Steam Version
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\theHunter\game
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I understood that I need to restore the old .exe before patching the game (= before starting it later that day), but my question was if I can simply reinstall the fix after the patch. Of course, if it is included in the official patch then it's not necessary any more and we all are a happy bunch of hunters! :D
Image Image Image

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”