Recent Server Work

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Re: Recent Server Work

Post by Alena Rybik »

phil1 wrote:I'd just like my reverse draw crossbow to get loaded with bolts and not .45-70 ammunition!
This is a totally unrelated issue, we saw your first post in another thread and our QA manager is already looking into it. There is no need to post the same thing, which essentially belongs to bug reports, in every topic.
SkyRL

Post by SkyRL »

Hi All,

I have been off from TheHunter for a while now and yesterday I bought another 6 month subscription and the game is unplayable!! When I load up a MP game and it all loads fine but when I then click "i" or right click the huntermate the game crashes?????????? Does anyone know what is going on and is anyone else experiencing this?

Just makes the game unusable and just wasting days of subscription?

I have tried re-downloading clearing cache and all the main things you would try lol all I want to do is hunt. :)

Thanks all

SkyRL
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

SkyRL wrote:I have been off from TheHunter for a while now and yesterday I bought another 6 month subscription and the game is unplayable!! When I load up a MP game and it all loads fine but when I then click "i" or right click the huntermate the game crashes?????????? Does anyone know what is going on and is anyone else experiencing this?
There are known problems with the game at the moment, both client and backend. Addressing the later was the entire point of this thread being created, and it is my understanding that there are continued efforts to work on improving the backend infrastructure. In addition, there is a problem (maybe numerous problems) causing the client to crash. In some cases, and for some players, it is inconsistent and can happen either within minutes, or after a couple of hours. For others it is frustratingly regular and can be reproduced by doing some of the things you mentioned in your post, e.g. open the map, load the inventory. Some players are able to hunt for longer depending on which reserve they hunt in. Whiterime Ridge is reportedly the worst culprit when it comes to crashes. I believe the client issues are also being worked on but nobody has an ETA on a fix, from what I gather.

Are you playing at 4K? If so, then it should be noted that this resolution has been officially declared as no longer supported. Opening the map at 4K is almost certainly going to result in an instant crash. One forum member, Fletchette, identified that if you have ShadowPlay or any other overlays running when playing the game, this can also increase the frequency and likelihood of client crashes. If you're running ShadowPlay try disabling it to see if that helps. Same with any other overlays such as Fraps FPS counter, or AMD Raptr. I realise you shouldn't have to take such measures, but in lieu of a patch that fixes the underlying problems, it might be worthwhile trying just to see if it helps.
LostBullet
Spotter

Post by LostBullet »

...well..till now i had no problem, but just had 2 images of "lost connection"...and after, logicall a time out in the 3th time.... i was saving my 3 changes to end and improving my scoring today... but, gess what?
... i getting tired of this.... i was happy with the extend of the numbers, but after all it dont work.

I now that if i was in real world my car or weapon could crash.... but i will send them to the junk...

...to many time in this for what?...what the point? :evil:
SkyRL

Post by SkyRL »

caledonianblues wrote:
SkyRL wrote:I have been off from TheHunter for a while now and yesterday I bought another 6 month subscription and the game is unplayable!! When I load up a MP game and it all loads fine but when I then click "i" or right click the huntermate the game crashes?????????? Does anyone know what is going on and is anyone else experiencing this?
There are known problems with the game at the moment, both client and backend. Addressing the later was the entire point of this thread being created, and it is my understanding that there are continued efforts to work on improving the backend infrastructure. In addition, there is a problem (maybe numerous problems) causing the client to crash. In some cases, and for some players, it is inconsistent and can happen either within minutes, or after a couple of hours. For others it is frustratingly regular and can be reproduced by doing some of the things you mentioned in your post, e.g. open the map, load the inventory. Some players are able to hunt for longer depending on which reserve they hunt in. Whiterime Ridge is reportedly the worst culprit when it comes to crashes. I believe the client issues are also being worked on but nobody has an ETA on a fix, from what I gather.

Are you playing at 4K? If so, then it should be noted that this resolution has been officially declared as no longer supported. Opening the map at 4K is almost certainly going to result in an instant crash. One forum member, Fletchette, identified that if you have ShadowPlay or any other overlays running when playing the game, this can also increase the frequency and likelihood of client crashes. If you're running ShadowPlay try disabling it to see if that helps. Same with any other overlays such as Fraps FPS counter, or AMD Raptr. I realise you shouldn't have to take such measures, but in lieu of a patch that fixes the underlying problems, it might be worthwhile trying just to see if it helps.
Hello,

Thank you for your help and advice :)

I tried changing the Hz refresh rate from 144 to 60hz and this worked ok for a short while. I think the main issue is within the steam client.

So I headed to the main website and downloaded the hunter client and this has been working perfect all night.

Logged into Steam this morning and there is a 700mb update on the hunter so hopefully they have resolved their issues. I will let you know how I get on.

Kind regards,
SkyRL
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

phil1 wrote:I'd just like my reverse draw crossbow to get loaded with bolts and not .45-70 ammunition!
Have you tried the clear cache function in the launcher?
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Mr. Laurel
Scout

Post by Mr. Laurel »

HooCairs wrote:
Have you tried the clear cache function in the launcher?
Did not work for me :( ;)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”