Game Update 31st May 2016 - Scent Hounds!

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
landser
Tracker

Re: Game Update 31st May 2016 - Scent Hounds!

Post by landser »

guys the dogs are very cool but the sound is way to loud in my opinion if you normaly walk the breading and what he does els sound like his head is next to your ear like he is breathing in your ear and walking next to your ear and why his walking is so loud i havent heard a dog walking like an elephant... anyways hope it wil be changed soon would be more cool if it makes as much noise as he does when you crouch
norbi7616
Spotter

Post by norbi7616 »

landser wrote:guys the dogs are very cool but the sound is way to loud in my opinion if you normaly walk the breading and what he does els sound like his head is next to your ear like he is breathing in your ear and walking next to your ear and why his walking is so loud i havent heard a dog walking like an elephant... anyways hope it wil be changed soon would be more cool if it makes as much noise as he does when you crouch

We hope as soon as possible to improve the scent hound sound / noise problems. ;)
Linden
Tracker

Post by Linden »

Tuck_SFA wrote:

IIRC, the dog's name was Gunnar. I just looked and it is at Level 4. So, it would seem that Pratze's dog started off at level 1. What do expect from a puppy that just dropped out of it's mothers womb?
No, you are wrong again. When asked Pratze says that the dog is level 9 ! Are you sure you watched again the stream ? So my point stands, that dog is 50% of any use, in rest is useless and a nuissance for a hunt.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Linden wrote:
Tuck_SFA wrote:IIRC, the dog's name was Gunnar. I just looked and it is at Level 4. So, it would seem that Pratze's dog started off at level 1. What do expect from a puppy that just dropped out of it's mothers womb?
No, you are wrong again. When asked Pratze says that the dog is level 9 ! Are you sure you watched again the stream ? So my point stands, that dog is 50% of any use, in rest is useless and a nuissance for a hunt.
I thought that Johanna's dog was level 9, not Pratze's, but I'm not sure. It isn't important anyway, you're entitled to your opinion and shouldn't buy a scent hound if you're convinced that it's a nuisance. I can say for sure that my experiences with the dog are fine - I like it as a companion and animals don't seem to spook significantly more than when I'm hunting on my own. Especially when shooting with a bow or hunting big animals - whenever you cannot be sure to drop them on the spot - my dog does a good job. He's still low level (8), but already helped me with a few really long tracking deeds.
Image Image Image
nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

Still waiting on that patch...
Hardtree
Scout

Post by Hardtree »

Tanngnjostr wrote: [...] I can say for sure that my experiences with the dog are fine - I like it as a companion and animals don't seem to spook significantly more than when I'm hunting on my own. Especially when shooting with a bow or hunting big animals - whenever you cannot be sure to drop them on the spot - my dog does a good job. He's still low level (8), but already helped me with a few really long tracking deeds.
I see it the same way - it´s a helpful companion. My dog is lvl 15 now and working as good as the hound could be.
We had some long distance searches (approx 1.5km) and my dog was really helpful at some difficult terrains.
Generally I´m satisfied with the result so far - some tiny issues here and there but still playable.
landser wrote:guys the dogs are very cool but the sound is way to loud in my opinion if you normaly walk the breading and what he does els sound like his head is next to your ear like he is breathing in your ear and walking next to your ear and why his walking is so loud i havent heard a dog walking like an elephant... anyways hope it wil be changed soon would be more cool if it makes as much noise as he does when you crouch
Wow - really?! Believe me - it was much louder before and you could not locate the dog via the sounds(or as you would probably say: noises :) )
It seems the dog sounds still could need a bit more fine-tuning ;)
Spoiler:
RyderJack

Post by RyderJack »

Got the update, got the hound and now wanted to do the release missions. After the first mission was completed, i wanted to start the second one in Hemmeldal, but the launcher says cannot connect to gameserver. Is the server down or it's just me?
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

nosnerb wrote:Still waiting on that patch...
Did someone promise a patch for today? I doubt it, because of that...
Image Image Image
Hardtree
Scout

Post by Hardtree »

RyderJack wrote:Got the update, got the hound and now wanted to do the release missions. After the first mission was completed, i wanted to start the second one in Hemmeldal, but the launcher says cannot connect to gameserver. Is the server down or it's just me?
Not as far as I know - a friend is playing (SP) and we´re chatting on discord
Spoiler:
nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
nosnerb wrote:Still waiting on that patch...
Did someone promise a patch for today? I doubt it, because of that...
No one had to promise anything for me to wait on that patch . Just really frustrating after 45 mins of play the game freezes up

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”