Game Update 18th May 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
ChrisMK72
Outfitter

Re: Game Update 18th May 2016

Post by ChrisMK72 »

JackRbbt wrote:Round nose bullet for lever action .30-06 - :o (Almost fainted when i read this. I remembered a fierce debate about this, some time ago. Like 4 (FOUR) years ago.... :mrgreen:)
Things can take a while. ;)
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Thanks for the new scopes, thanks for the changes to double tree stands and spotting scope and a very big Thank you! for the reindeer internal organs.

Does the change in ammo for the .30-06 Lever Action Rifle mean anything gameplay wise?
doesn't seem to be.
just took the .30-06 lever action for a little spin and it is still deadly. the black bear had no chance :P

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

We apparently forgot two more changes in the patch notes:

Changes
  • Tracking domes on Whiterime Ridge are a little more visible now
  • Old iron sights on .243, .270 and .300 rifles have been remodeled to make them nicer and more realistic looking
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Thanks for the update and for the changes to the spotter scope and double tree stand. Thanks for the new scopes. For the new 2-10x rifle scope, is there any significant advantage or improvement over the current 3-9x rifle scope other than it being 1x more zoom which I doubt is that much better over the current scope. Also comparing the four classic rifles, why is the newest 7.62x54R Bolt Action Rifle cheaper than the other classic rifles? What is that rifle lacking compared to the others to make it cheaper?
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

JamboWhoDat wrote:Thanks for the update and for the changes to the spotter scope and double tree stand. Thanks for the new scopes. For the new 2-10x rifle scope, is there any significant advantage or improvement over the current 3-9x rifle scope other than it being 1x more zoom which I doubt is that much better over the current scope. Also comparing the four classic rifles, why is the newest 7.62x54R Bolt Action Rifle cheaper than the other classic rifles? What is that rifle lacking compared to the others to make it cheaper?
Besides the fact that it uses a different scope than the others, absolutely nothing.
Spoiler:
Misstik
Hunter

Post by Misstik »

Thanks but I still can't join some games :/
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

Alena Rybik wrote:We apparently forgot two more changes in the patch notes:

Changes
  • Old iron sights on .243, .270 and .300 rifles have been remodeled to make them nicer and more realistic looking
Awesome! Going to have to take a look at the re-modelled iron sights! I know one guy who will put them to good use.... eh em... MooseHunter330 ;)

Also, thanks for another fine update with bug fixes and necessary changes. Keep em coming! On the note of the .243, .270, and .300 rifles are you planning on adding a clip so they are more than just a single shot bolt action? I would use those rifles far more often if they had a functional clip.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Alena Rybik wrote:We apparently forgot two more changes in the patch notes:

Changes
I really like the new ironsights when aiming, but when you look at them (all 3 rifles, it doesn't matter) while resting it looks like the front sight was moved almost 1cm to the right; not a big deal but kinda wierd.
Spoiler:
Wetland
Outfitter

Post by Wetland »

GREAT Update EW and THANKS for Finally Giving us a New SCOPE for the .300 Rifle!!! I also just Purchased the New 16x Spotting Scope and can't wait to try them both out!

Wetland :D
Androssi
Spotter

Post by Androssi »

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the use of a 16x spotting scope when the bullet cannot hit beyond 200-250yd or so.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”